It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE Fatwa Committee Issues FATWA Against Muslims Colonizing Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The NASA Mars One program is looking for volunteers to go to Mars ... and it's most likely a one way deal. 500 Saudis and Arabs have applied for the program. The General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment in the UAE has now issued a FATWA against Muslims going to Mars. They say it's a suicide mission and suicide is not allowed in Islam. They say it's too risky a mission and that people need to stay on Earth.

I guess they haven't looked around the Earth lately ... considering the fanatics and the blood thirsty world, I'd think Mars was safer. MARS = 'No Fanatics Allowed' Zone.

So what happens if a Muslim goes against the FATWA and gets picked to go to MARS? Is it open season on him/her? Or does he get to go and the Committee declares him/her damned or something? I don't know how that works ...

Christianity has the belief that suicide is wrong and potentially 'damning'. We haven't heard of any similar pronouncement coming out of the Vatican or the Southern Baptist Convention or anything. Do Christians see this as a 'suicidal mission' and therefore damning? I"m a Christian ... and I don't see that at all.

I see it as people living out their lives in a meaningful way and with them hoping to contribute to humanity in a significant way. I dont' see this as suicidal at all. They plan on living their lives out .. however long they may be .. on Mars instead of on Earth. So what? I say - God bless 'em ... they are moving humanity forward and out to the stars. Colonization is the only hope our species has for continuing. These people aren't killing themselves ... they are probably saving humanity.

Khaleej Times

Promoting or being involved in a one-way trip to the Red Planet is prohibited in Islam, a fatwa committee under the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment in the UAE has ruled.

“Such a one-way journey poses a real risk to life, and that can never be justified in Islam,” the committee said. “There is a possibility that an individual who travels to planet Mars may not be able to remain alive there, and is more vulnerable to death.”

Whoever opts for this “hazardous trip”, the committee said, is likely to perish for no “righteous reason”, and thus will be liable to a “punishment similar to that of suicide in the Hereafter”.

The committee, presided by Professor Dr Farooq Hamada, said: “Protecting life against all possible dangers and keeping it safe is an issue agreed upon by all religions and is clearly stipulated in verse 4/29 of the Holy Quran: Do not kill yourselves or one another. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful.”

Washington Times - FATWA Against Muslims Traveling To Mars

Daily Mail UK - Muslim Leaders Issue FATWA Against Living on Mars

Official site of The General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment in the UAE

The Center Issued 337,000 Fatwas last year
My comment ... HOLY SMOKES!! That's a lot of Fatwas for people to keep track of?

NOTE - this is being covered by a lot of the MSM ... I don't have a link to the FATWA, but I have one to the official website of the group that issued the FATWA. If this is fake, it's a good one ... it's being covered by the media in the middle east and the west as well. I DO hope it's fake ... if someone can prove it wrong then GREAT.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's just a little ironic on several fronts really FF.

1) Islamic suicide, like Christian suicide is 'not allowed'..but the islamic version will hunt you down and kill you if you try it (?...!)

2) According to the Koran, god created intelligent life in a kind of brotherhood spread throughout the Universe...yet Islamic clerics don't want you going elsewhere in our system?

Double irony for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

i wonder if bankers and clinton investigators can go to mars
no prohibitions against suicide in those cliques

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Fatwa via SMS? What are these guys talking about?!

We will have to look for intelligent live on other planets, there is none over here..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
pretty safe bet that it won't happen...what next, a fatwa saying no Muslims can explore another galaxy? how about a fatwa that says you must get along with your fellow human beings regardless of their religious belief.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Living on Mars is a suicide mission?
Living on Earth is a suicide mission.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If suicide is not permitted in Islam, maybe they should dedicate their efforts in disarming Islamic terrorist organisations as they are literally blowing themselves apart, instead of stopping them from living on Mars or whatever it is they are concerning themselves with.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I wonder if they have any other issues other than it being touted as a suicide mission. Really i wouldnt see it as a suicide mission if the plan is to get there and live out your life.

Perhaps this fatwah is a fake perpetrated by fundy christians who just dont want to sit next to a muslim on the flight.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
AHHHHH CRAP!
So Mainstream Islamists abhor the Americian lifestyle, what with its free thinking and loose morals and all, and they stream to this country.
Some to live it up before they begin Jihad, others to take advantage of the freedoms their culture does not allow, others to make big money to........
anyways
If a fatwa is issued against going to Mars, its like telling children they can't have the candy....
It creates a desire for what can't be had
So now we will have Islamists signing up to go to Mars
And once they are there, they will feel guilty about their hypocrisy and have to go all Jihad on the infidels not serving Allah correctly there!

Its reverse psycology for the brainwashed

So, for those of you who had hoped to go to Mars to escape all the religious idiocy and bloodshed here on earth in the name of the Trinity or the one Allah, alas, their going with you!

edit on 20-2-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: Ya never Know When the Viking Apocolypse Will Strike except when it is going to be Feb 22 ..... I'm told

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, what if the Muslims convert to another religion? Then, by Islamic law, they are deserving of death for leaving Islam, and thus, a suicide mission saves the hassle of having to behead them yourselves.

Funny, this Center should spend more time denouncing the suicide bombings, killings, abuse of women, and horrid circumstances which Muslims live under in many parts of the world than whining about a few that want to go to outer space. I don't blame those guys. I'm not Muslim and I want to get the hell off this freakin planet.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Seems that mars might be targeted by terrorists before we even get there.

If suicide isn't allowed then suicide bombers in the past didn't end up in heaven with many virgins at their disposal. Fail.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No one is committing suicide. It's a one way trip yes and no one is returning to earth yrs but no one gets out alive here or there. They just die in a different place. Gosh if their religious leaders can't tell the difference between suicide and simply death in different place why are they n charge? The Vatican is not reacting this way. They can see the difference between suicide and normal death in a different location.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i wonder who is funding these fatwa issuers...
John McCain?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

butcherguy
Living on Mars is a suicide mission?
Living on Earth is a suicide mission.

NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmm let me see if I have this right :

Go to Mars on a one way mission and be an example of your religion and culture = BAD
Stay on the Earth and blow up innocent people for your religion in suicide bombings = GOOD

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
But... marrying a 6 year old is ok, sex with animals is ok and so is beating your wife and killing infidels, but by golly you shall not go to mars.

Seriously though space travel is inconceivable to those still living in the 4th century lol....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So much for the idea that suicide bombing is a "muslim" practice.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm guessing they have a different idea of suicide. Strapping on a vest of explosives to kill innocent people shopping at markets is considered martyrdom. Somehow different than suicide.

I think the only way to get the muslim community to denounce suicide bombings is to have some Christians do a couple.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
" The landing party will consist of me, Dr. McCoy, Mr. Spock and Ensigns Abdul and Malamud on security detail." Now that's a suicide mission!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Whew.... I'm glad they cleared that up, and just in the nick of time too! After all, it was an urgent issue with Muslims about to launch any day now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join