It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Stimulates Brain Waves of Drone Operators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It sounds like science fiction, but commanders in search of more effective tools than the ubiquitous cups of coffee and energy drinks are testing medical treatments designed to treat such brain disorders as depression to determine whether they can also improve the attentiveness of sleep-deprived but otherwise healthy troops.

Looks like the Air Force is experimenting with using electrical stimulation to preserve alertness on the battlefield. As a recently retired military Officer, this is a long way from my day of chain smoking cigars, dip, and horrible dried coffee packets from the MREs:

The research grew out of a recognition that while computers have automated many military functions, humans are needed in ever-larger numbers to monitor massive amounts of information in order to make crucial battlefield decisions.

Are we right around the corner from cybernetic implants on our troops eliminating the need for regular sleep/rest cycles?

It is a technology that was originally intended to treat psychiatric disorders such as depression----now we find that it can give us edge in warfare:

The Pentagon research is focused on two primary goals: increasing alertness and improving overall cognitive performance. . . After undergoing the brain stimulation, however, the test subjects proved alert at the end of the test periods -- some up to several hours -- "just like they were at minute one," said McKinley.

LINK

edit on 19-2-2014 by QuantumKat because: Uploaded

edit on 19-2-2014 by QuantumKat because: correction

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumKat

This is interesting, they also train them with video games too I heard but I could be wrong.

Drone operators getting shocked?

Doesn't bother me!

Cowards.

Anyways, they should look for more natural substances. Mother nature works well and all this crap they are doing is just going to cause another generation of mass suicides among the people who serve...maybe worse...

I don't condone speed but if you are going to blow people out of existence like it is a video game I don't see anything wrong with being on military grade amphetamines. Forget all this cyborg crap.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Just as long as those electrical stimulus don't make the trigger finger twitch…

In WWII British pilots used amphetamines to stay awake during the Battle of Britain.

Seems to have worked since,

they won.

British troops used 72 million amphetamine tablets in the second world war[2] and the RAF used so many that "Methedrine won the Battle of Britain" according to one report.

Alertness

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I use brainwave sychronization myself...
certain frequencies promote different states from relaxed suggestebility to focused alertnes...

be alert...
the world needs more lerts

meth really is an military thing especially around certain army bases...
there are some very alert civvies...
edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

LOL give them a bag of cheetos and an X-BOx controller and they will do it for free no need try hard to stay up. And WTF are they so broke that they need people controlled and kept awake with such techniques.

Give the coward drone operator a bag of cheetos and tell them it is protecting their freedoms and then they will be up for days getting points...real cost effective.

They keep torturing these kids and use them as guinea pigs for decades now, that's what you get for being a mindless drone though, pun intended!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

artifishy intelligence is next....
its amazing what a drone will do
for a little wiff of glue

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Strange. People have been complaining that unknown people have been manipulating their brainwaves externally, causing them to feel and act differently than they otherwise would have. Is it possible that the technology is already developed to the point that this can be done externally from a reasonable distance, and actually induce depression, paranoia, fatigue, etc....? I would say it is possible... Talk about the ultimate weapon. If you can make the enemy tired and depressed all day, I guess you have already won. Induce complacency and inattentiveness to the extreme, and battles fought will be easy to non-existent. But what possible countermeasure could there be for this? It would change the nature of warfare, regardless. But if there is no real countermeasure....the battle of the mind will be taken to a whole new level for war fighters.
edit on 19-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

yahman
it can be done with surround sound and the temple builders have been doing it in cathedrals and temples for years...its simple as tricking the brain into thinking something is revolving around one's head at from 1 hertz and up.
then apply the mind control... via ....say ...the mass
or not
now we have heterodyning microwaves and TV...
edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

A few things they should be thinking about. Serotonin. They are obviously already on to that simple key since they are studying depression.

Serotonin turns into melatonin which makes you sleepy. The amount produced is related to the amount of sunlight in a day. Since we use artificial light who knows how that gets affected.

In the past things like Meth would be used which is more powerful than amphetamine meth being short for
methamphetamine. This would raise your serotonin, but then drop it quite bad, as far as I can tell. The drop may be due to Dopamine levels soaring in the same time as Serotonin.

Basically that's a dead end. They moved on to SSRIs I would wager.

"SSRIs are believed to increase the extracellular level of the neurotransmitter serotonin by inhibiting its reuptake into the presynaptic cell, increasing the level of serotonin in the synaptic cleft available to bind to the postsynaptic receptor. They have varying degrees of selectivity for the other monoamine transporters, with pure SSRIs having only weak affinity for the noradrenaline and dopamine transporter."
Source

Some SSRIs (selective Serotonin reuptake inhibitors) Also increase dopamine which is bad for overall Serotonin levels. Some of them really only select for serotonin.

They key is all in body repair, melatonin and Serotonin. Anti inflammatory actions and anti oxidants.

= Healthy diet and Meditation. They should also invest in systems that take out imput from the senses when rest is needed to limit down time. Something like a float tank. Not sure if any of you guys meditate, but if you do it well you will need less sleep. It was the first effect I noticed, and it was profound.

The use of any energetic field to bypass the need for neurotransmitters is mind control. It may be the only way, but then why stop at energy levels. The matrix is a shaped EM field!! Dun Dun Dun...

I wasn't kidding about that last part.
edit on 19-2-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Isnt the music industry doing this with their kallabistic rituals?

Thought they had this figured out.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

onequestion

Isnt the music industry doing this with their kallabistic rituals?

Thought they had this figured out.

They should higher me though.. I hardly ever sleep. Rituals affecting conscious awareness in a body? Too unpredictable for military application I would think. Of course I hear a cover story, for letting a cat out..
Brain wave entrainment. Gray is the new black. (project)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This "news" is more than a little bit late. Such work has been going on experimentally for decades and has been used to train B-2 bomber crews for long-duration trips. There are commercially available units for sale. I have one of the units advertised on the link below. They also have there other data about the process. It is the way of the future.

www.foc.us...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

Strange. People have been complaining that unknown people have been manipulating their brainwaves externally, causing them to feel and act differently than they otherwise would have. Is it possible that the technology is already developed to the point that this can be done externally from a reasonable distance, and actually induce depression, paranoia, fatigue, etc....? I would say it is possible... Talk about the ultimate weapon. If you can make the enemy tired and depressed all day, I guess you have already won. Induce complacency and inattentiveness to the extreme, and battles fought will be easy to non-existent. But what possible countermeasure could there be for this? It would change the nature of warfare, regardless. But if there is no real countermeasure....the battle of the mind will be taken to a whole new level for war fighters.
edit on 19-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

They've had this technology since 1974 and I wouldn't doubt they had it before that. Its called Echelon and there are other computers also that alter mental states but I will not talk about them, just one. I - unfortunately have this computer on me. There is no conscious counter for the things Echelon does to the brain except breathing in and out slowly. But I'd doubt that the computer would go easy on people and wreck havoc on their mental states.

I've experienced it controlling my mind to have a strange taste after drinking something with flavor from this computer and negatively heightened sense of reality that makes you feel like your in a rush experiencing your environment. But it never gave me skitzophrenia fortunately.

I don't think these methods will be used on the battle field, I think they might be reserved for the end time because this computer can heal you also and quickly at that.

new topics

top topics

join