It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Sleep Recordings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I suspected myself of talking in sleep recently(apartment neighbors told me they heard loud voices some nights around 3am or so...I work early so I'm not awake at those hours) so I got an app that queued recordings whenever it registered sounds. It recorded some bizarre things the other night which I'm sure were just ramblings of a dreaming brain but in one of them it almost sounds like whispering is occurring at the same time as me making noise...and I don't know any other languages so the others are a bit weird.

media.dreamtalkrecorder.net...

edit on 19-2-2014 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Okay...

Those are interesting. The second one has my imagination hearing what I've read sounds like Angelic "Enochian" if that even really exists...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
over the years i have shared a room with some people who come out with all sorts of crazy stuff when they are in the land of nod

i have heard men cry like babie's and talk all kinds of crazy stuff

that is why i never work away from home anymore

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
S&F. Great idea to get that recorder. (app?) I would be interested to know what kind of app you got, I could use one for the same purpose. (So I take it, this is from your phone then?)

These remind me of EVP's, there definitely seems like 2 people whispering in the first one..I wonder if it's due to the recorder triggering back to back or something.

Edit - sorry i missed where you said "app" for some reason..
edit on 19-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Wookiep
S&F. Great idea to get that recorder. I would be interested to know what kind of recorder you got, I could use one for the same purpose. These remind me of EVP's, there definitely seems like 2 people whispering in the first one..I wonder if it's due to the recorder triggering back to back or something.

The recorder is an app called "Dream Talk Recorder" The recorder only queues when it registers noise above a certain level and then stays recording until it no longer registers the noise it does not begin multiple recordings at a time...if I were to start the app while watching TV it would create one recording for the entire time until I turned off the TV and then it would stop recording but it would continue listening for another sound and then start recording again and stop respectability. The benefit of using the app instead of just a microphone recording all night is that the app only starts recording when there are sounds being made and stops recording when there are none...if that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Epirus

Okay...

Those are interesting. The second one has my imagination hearing what I've read sounds like Angelic "Enochian" if that even really exists...

Thanks for replying Slayer! Interesting reference, I'll look it up.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I imagine this would work.

itunes.apple.com...

The recorder is an app called "Dream Talk Recorder"

Or this one
hehehe
edit on 19-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Yep, makes plenty of sense. Thanks for the info, I'll look for it. I have a feeling I talk all night in my sleep so I wonder if my phone would have enough space for it lol. (unless they are stored on a cloud, that would be awesome)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Haha thanks, the more the merrier.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yep, it's a thing.

Renowned occultist and student of Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, can be heard here reciting ecnochian calls:

There is a recording of crowley reciting enochian calls on youtube as well but the quality isn't as good and crowley's flair for the dramatic (or impeccable vibration, depending on how you look at it) makes the pronunciations a bit more difficult to hear.

ETA:

OP, Is there a story behind why you chose to record your dream ramblings in the first place? Just curious.
edit on 19-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Apartment neighbors told me they heard loud voices some nights around 3am or so...I work early so I'm not awake at those hours.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Epirus

Apartment neighbors told me they heard loud voices some nights around 3am or so...I work early so I'm not awake at those hours.

Interesting! Might want to edit your OP and mention that if you still have time. Makes your thread that much more mysterious

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

Epirus

Interesting! Might want to edit your OP and mention that if you still have time. Makes your thread that much more mysterious

Thanks for the advice...it does make sense to include that information...I edited my OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Agreed.. 3am, during the witching hour.. It does make it more interesting indeed!

The Witching Hour

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You just scared the crap out of my family, and they refuse to listen to anything else after hearing that demonic first one. You should try getting hypnotized to see if you can find out more info as to why you are doing that.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, it takes guts to expose personal experiences like that. I am glad you did, because it is very useful information.
I know I talk in my sleep, but have never gotten back any good feedback from others as to what I really said. Sometimes, if my grand kids sleep over, they hear me in the middle of the night ask me in the morning what I was saying, but I have no idea.

Perhaps I should try your little experiment and see what comes up. Perhaps I am better off not knowing .... Creepy.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think your wife should have you exorcised in your sleep, I would! I didn't listen past the first recording either!

Sleep talking is weird. sometimes I wake up saying things from a dream or asking weird questions which were sort of related to the sounds around me and the dream combined.

I have also annoyed partners many times by apparently saying the names of another man/ men whilst sleeping, though often they would just say who is ''whoever's name'' as a question in the morning. I wasn't cheating on them and don't know the exact words I said but it has caused stress. I have been told I almost jump/ float / sit whilst sleeping too. I do sometimes wake with the feeling of my entire body landing on my bed, which has an accompanying uneasy feeling.

I think people do sometimes dream talk whilst asleep. I taped my night once too but there was a lot of crackling when I played it back and didn't want to sit through 8 hours waiting for talking, but it is an interesting experiment to do.

edit on 19-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
OP I have always wanted to record my sleep babblings. Now that I've listened to yours, I don't know. Something about them really creeped me out. LOL

The first recording I hear conversation and throat clearing at the same time, sounds like 2 people as does the 2nd recording
In the second one while the "Enochian" sounds are finshing I hear in a different voice (you?) saying "who are you talking to?"

The fourth recording! OMG it sends a chill up my spine, you sound like you're being tortured.

Recording #5 I can't make out the words, but it sounds like a conversation between 2 people.

Are you planning on recording more? If so, I hope you share them with us. They creeped me but at the same time I'm very fascinated. Thank you for sharing these.

SnF

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

These sound absolutely like recordings of someone talking in their sleep. The volume in proportion to the breath is usually right, there are mouth noises, nonsensical phrases (i think i heard you say "let's go get some eggs girl" in the first one) and the louder ones sound like you're tossing around enough to rattle the bed so maybe the result of bad dreams.

There is a mystery to some of the jibberish- it just sounds like someone intentionally speaking jibberish (although it bears some resemblence to backwards masking or perhaps an audio sample of someone cursing in Finnish that I heard once).

My theory would be that you do indeed talk in your sleep, sometimes have difficulty doing so clearly, and may also make jibberish and music while sleeping.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I don't know, it seemed very articulate, whatever he was saying. I was looking for some gibberish but it seemed very crisp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join