It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un forced mothers to drown newborn babies: U.N. report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They are lucky China is their only real friend ... otherwise I'd suggest they just send over two B2 bombers, a few drones and cause chaos then take out the leader and just leave, bye, bye big baby.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Considering how this report is kind of like poking the bee hive with a stick ... I can't imagine the UN making up a pile of crap on North Korea because it would tick off China. And China has a lot more power than the UN ever will have. Ya' know? The UN is a corrupt cesspool and has an agenda and isn't trustworthy ... but I don't think it's stupid enough to do something like that. I could be wrong ... but I can't see it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
...fact is they aren't the only country in the world that has a blemished record when it comes to human rights.

There are far worse countries that get away with it, the UN and the world turns a blind eye.

I will not name the countries, lets just say it helps to have the "right" friends, and most people will know the countries that are guilty of this.

I do not know the reason for the spot light on NK, maybe the western world needs a new enemy now that Iran has begun to talk.

Always need an enemy to scare the populace into believing they are always in danger from the bogey man.

.....who's next in line for a bullying?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

ah yeah and leave it like you's did Libya? Great job there

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

celticniall
There are far worse countries that get away with it, the UN and the world turns a blind eye.?

I'd really like you to name the 'far worse' countries. Tell us how they are 'far worse'.
I know there are human rights problems around the world but North Korea seriously takes the cake.
The human rights issues should be acknowledged.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nuke it

Pave it

Put the worlds biggest Walmart in the middle

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I've followed stories from NK for some time now and all I can say is if the people who have escaped are making things up, then they deserve an award for acting.

The conditions north Koreans face is tragic to say the least and that's not even talking about the ones in their labor camps. The reports are staggering as to the methods used to torture / kill people.

One method deals with pregnant women. they are placed on there back on the ground. A wood plank is placed on her stomach. 2 prisoners are then made to essentially use the board as a seesaw until abortion occurs. A young prisoner told the guards his mother and brother were planning an escape attempt (if you know about it and do nothing you die). They were both executed..

North Korean punishment extends beyond the person who committed the crime. It cant take families a few generations of imprisonment before they are sent back into society, if they are at all.

The recent purge was not limited to the "traitors". NK recalled several of their diplomatic staff where they were executed, including their families, including young children.

As for Chinas actions - this is one of those areas for China that really shows their true colors. They will veto any resolution towards North Korea in terms of how they treat their people. The moment China supports one of those resolutions, they just opened the door to be criticized themselves for performing some of the same "crimes".

Talk about throwing stones in a glass house...

To be honest I would prefer a policy of intervention based solely on humanitarian issues as opposed to intervention based on resources.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sometimes I think they just write this reports to get the necessary support by the public to go on war with Northkorea, don't get me wrong I don't think NK is a nice place to be, but sometimes I ask myself if everything they tell us is real.
But then again, a war is unlikely to happen since NK does not have resources that are woth invading for.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I forgot to add - regarding China and its position.

China has been slammed by the UN for sending North Koreans back knowing fully what will happen to them the moment they are back on north Korean territory.

China somehow manages to side step that issue each time it comes up.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Isn't the Dear Leader just engaging in:
post birth abortion
early euthanasia
because he is looking out for the welfare of the entire country and is aware that a smaller population will enhance the job chances for his beloved people and in the long run having people who are united behind one leadership is always better than having a country deeply divided.

They way you are all reacting I'd think you'd never heard of abortion or euthanasia

He is just making "the choice" for his beloved people, aren't all leaders of countries so empowered or think they are to make dictates without consulting their people for their own good? After our own dear leader is making lots and lots of decisions for his beloved people with a simple swipe of a pen without consulting them, just like dear old Kim.

Why are the progressives up in arms at all, this is quite clearly the direction that will enhance economic growth and unite the people just like our own Dear Leader in the US is trying to do. I can see the US Dear Leader following in the footsteps, as he has started to do incrementally with czars and presidential mandates.

Come on guys, Kim is just further along the path to a united country and economic growth than we are headed down, he's just being the brave one to pave the progressive way.

Don't be such sourpusses!

edit on 19-2-2014 by grandmakdw because: clairty

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Wrong thread...

this thread is discussing kim Jong Un, not Barack Obama.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The question is what is the standard that these people cannot meet racially to fit the needs of North Korea? They call it "ethnic cleansing" but they don't tell us what those ethnicities are that are being persecuted. What are the racial standards of North Korea? Are they executing Koreans because they have freckles? Someone let me in on the secret.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Believe it or not, I actually lived in South Korea for a few years in the mid 1970's.

I know who this thread is about - I do see the US headed down a slippery slope to the same type of repressive regime.

This should be a dire warning to the US, but it won't be because no one thinks these awful things can happen in the US.

Well they can, and if the train keeps going the way it is, it will, just using positive euphemisms to make the "uniting" of the country and the "enhancement" of the economy palatable.

Remember, no one spoke up in the early days of the rise of the Reich, and the Holocaust happened. China and most other nations have said nothing for nearly as many years as I have been alive about ongoing atrocities in North Korea.

I am speaking up now, because I was there over 30 years ago when no one spoke up, until it has become so bad it could not be ignored.

It should be a lesson to all of us!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Just a note here....but North Korea and Iraq are in radically different parts of the world, totally different in culture and night/day different in geography and politics.

What relation would a long past US Secretary of State have on a discussion about the internal operations and future of North Korea and it's leader? I know some want to connect everything bad America has ever done to anything else negative on Earth...but that's a stretch even I can't follow?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

People who don't believe in communism.

People who disagree with Dear Leader.

People who hold religious points of view.

Anyone Dear Leader sees as someone or a group of someone's who could possibly be a threat to him holding continued power.

As far as ethnicities, it borders China, so there are Chinese in the country, also Mongolians, and Japanese all remnants of prior occupations of the country.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Flyers, this horrible, are this news reliable, you know how our main media outlets cater to propaganda, I know that this things happen in countries that oppress the people, but is always hidden, this is just out there.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

n00bUK
N Korea doesn't have oil nor is it in any kind of vicinity of Israel, so there's no invasion masked with humanitarian causes on the agenda any time soon.

Do they have their own banks that is the question. read just a little of this.

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Not quite the same thing:

With hundreds of thousands of soldiers massing in the Persian Gulf in the fall of 1990, the US was on the brink of an undeclared war against Iraq over its invasion of Kuwait. The Bush administration needed not only to provide a principled justification for action, but to demonize Saddam Hussein and those who served him. To that end, Bush focused attention on a compelling narrative-albeit one built on fabrications.
On October 10, 1990, a fifteen -year-old using the assumed name “Nayirah” appeared before the congressional Human Rights Caucus. “I just came out of Kuwait,” she said. “While I was there, I saw the Iraqi soldiers come into the hospital with guns. They took the babies out of the incubators, took the incubators and left the children to die on the cold floor. It was horrifying. I could not help but think of my nephew, who was born premature and might have died that day as well.”

1. So far, this is not being drummed up for war. So there's less likely an agenda being fed with this.
2. This isn't some 1 time accusation being scattered about. This is supposedly a documentation of long habits. This is a little bit harder to lie about than just a 1 time accusation.
3. This isn't walking into a neighboring country and killing theirs. This is killing your own people.

So, sure, there could still be lies and all sorts of wagging the dog going on. I just don't see as much wiggle room or reason for it, this time around.
edit on 19-2-2014 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

We went there, in the past (or was that South Korea?). It's a good place to mess with China from. Same reason for Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well I did some research on North Korean and the death of new born babies, I found out that the first time this made news was back in 2006 when North Korea was accused of killing new born babies that were disable.

So, it have to be some legit concern about how the killing of babies has extended this days.

North Korea: Physician Says Murder of Disabled Newborns is Widespread, Encouraged by Government

North Korea has no people with physical disabilities because they are killed almost as soon as they are born, a physician who defected from the communist state said on Wednesday.

Ri Kwang-chol, who fled to the South last year, told a forum of rights activists that the practice of killing newborns was widespread but denied he himself took part in it.

"There are no people with physical defects in North Korea," Ri told members of the New Right Union, which groups local activists and North Korean refugees.

He said babies born with physical disabilities were killed in infancy in hospitals or in homes and were quickly buried.

The practice is encouraged by the state, Ri said, as a way of purifying the masses and eliminating people who might be considered "different."

Actually this an ancient practice that obviously North Korean has keep enforced now in modern times when most disable people are proven to be just as productive as people born with no disabilities.

civilliberty.about.com...

What I find a bit disturbing is the answer that the president gave after this news were exposed, will the administration do something about this practices? because obviously North Korea have nothing that US can benefit with sanctions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join