It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Into A Car: White Guy Vs. Black Guy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Black people have no choice and are born this way.

I really can't keep quiet. I didn't want to partake in this inane thread but here we are.

For starters, take a look at the nations crime rates. Who are the ones leading the way? You guessed it, blacks. Look who has this whole "thug culture" going on. Look at our incarceration numbers. (Heck, take a look at Europe, even there blacks are starting to lead the charge.)

If black people want to be looked at differently, then perhaps they need to start some house cleaning first. That said, I've never looked at a black person dressed relatively nicely any differently than a white person dressed relatively nicely.

Have at it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by SprocketUK

I think he's trying to say being a biker is a choice, being black is not.

its about as much of a choice as breathing.
The thing is, there's always someone looking to discriminate against anyone. Colour of a person's skin is an obvious thing? but if it isn't that you can be damned sure they'll find another reason.

Only highlighting race misses the point that so much of humanity is scared when they aren't totally surrounded by a herd of clones.
I do my best to withhold judgements on people I meet, but I dont always manage not to dismiss someone because of an inbuilt prejudice.

There's probably more rich-poor discrimination in the world than white-black.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

SprocketUK

so what you are saying is its ok to discriminate against any person that has the option to conform to some societal standard?
I should ditch all my most trusted friends? Alter myself cosmetically and give up the joy of two wheels for a metal cage just so people with tiny minds won't think I'm someone not to be trusted?

To be fair, that's as unlikely a scenario as waking up tomorrow morning looking like Chuck Berry.
edit on 19-2-2014 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

Where did I say that? Because I never said that.
The thread topic is about the racial differences of two car jackers and the reactions of the public.

I was merely pointing out that there is no valid comparison between a "Biker" equating themselves with "Black people" when it comes to discrimination policies.

One can change their habits and appearance, the other cannot change their skin color.

I personally don't think anyone should change who they are to impress the police or anyone else.
I just think we should be specific and rate things according to severity when analyzing the issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Auricom

muzzleflash
Black people have no choice and are born this way.

I really can't keep quiet. I didn't want to partake in this inane thread but here we are.

For starters, take a look at the nations crime rates. Who are the ones leading the way? You guessed it, blacks. Look who has this whole "thug culture" going on. Look at our incarceration numbers. (Heck, take a look at Europe, even there blacks are starting to lead the charge.)

If black people want to be looked at differently, then perhaps they need to start some house cleaning first. That said, I've never looked at a black person dressed relatively nicely any differently than a white person dressed relatively nicely.

Have at it.

Black people collectively don't choose what each individual does.
You cannot hold an entire race accountable because some people in that demographic were criminals.

What you just said was incredibly ignorant.
You have to have evidence against someone specifically.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You make it sound so easy, like changing which tie you're gonna wear to work. It's nothing like that. While I accept you didn't say I had to, your reply was very glib, which was why I put forth some of the problems with"going citizen"
I know it wss a black and white thing, but that simple polarity misses the target.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Colour

Limey bastard.

Only highlighting race misses the point that so much of humanity is scared when they aren't totally surrounded by a herd of clones.

That was VERY well said. I do think there is a difference between judging something like skin color and a leather jacket. You don't have to LOOK like a biker to BE a biker. The outlaw biker crowd attempts to make themselves look rough and dangerous, whereas a black guy ALWAYS looks rough and dangerous (to some).

I'm white and have a fair number of tattoos. If I shave my head, wear some ripped up jeans and a sleeveless shirt I look like a skinhead. If I wear some khakis and a polo shirt I look like a hipster. I get to choose what I look like. Problem is that sometimes the most clean cut, well dressed black guy is judged just because he's black. I don't think this video highlighted that at all, but I think that's what muggleflash is going for.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well the real problem is that the white guy could have stolen the car without ANY trouble at all.

The same type of enforcement of laws needs to be applied to everyone, not just a specific group.

I don't care who steals my stuff, I just want justice.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I get your point, really. Though for accuracy I should point out that I'm only half limey bastard. The other half is Yank ar5ehole.

prejudice runs deep in folks. When they can't pick on colour they'll pick on looks, class, smoking anything.

I quite often don't dress like a biker, I wear company uniform at work, people still focus on the tatts and facial hair though.

I maintain that a well to do black guy will get an easier ride from society than a poor white one. (Don't you yanks call poor white folks trash? As if they're less than human for not having money?).

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

hahah holy cow that is insane.....i will say this though..the white guy was dressed better when the black guy had less appealing clothes..not that that was a factor in the end result at all but just something I observed...jesus they came at him with guns out hahhah wtf.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You see, that's where you're wrong. It's common sense, something the majority of nitwits on ATS seem to lack. When statistics state that an African-American is "X" times more likely to commit a crime than that of whites, Asians and Latino's, you get to call a spade for exactly what it is. And it's only human nature to be more skeptical.

Like I said, start within their own communities first. Stop this gangster crap. That's where the majority of the problems stem from.

As I said, none of this is politically correct. But as the saying goes, "The truth isn't always politically correct". Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"Apparently some black guy broke into a car, and managed to change the original owners photo i.d, family pictures, insurance, licence plate to his own. Sprinkle some crack on him".

Sorry, thought of Dave Chapelle.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Everybody knows white guys lack the proper skills to break into a car so why worry about it...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Not sure where you get your information from but the FBI stats say otherwise.

Crimes by Race

White

Black

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Those are numbers, not percentages. Of course 70% of a demographic will have more numbers than that of a demographic of 15% but...
Consider this... Take 100 people from group a (70%) and 100 people from group b (15%)
If group a only has 30 criminals per 100 as opposed to 50 criminals per 100 from group b... that's where you get the grossly higher rate among one group over another.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Of course, however given a crime with an unknown perpetrator the odds that a white individual is responsible is higher.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

imd12c4funn
Breaking Into A Car: White Guy Vs. Black Guy

In this short video, we witness the difference in reaction from bystanders and police when two men, one white, one black, are slim jimmying a car with the alarm horn activated.\

I'll not spoil the results for you. watch at link above.

I know plenty will argue that there may be other social factors at play here i.e. neighborhood, and who knows what. But so what!? If they aren't fudging with editing, that is enormous difference; way too big of one.

Wow.

I don't like it but starred and flagged because just... wow...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Exactly.

I have nothing more to add to this thread. The statistics are there, those of you who are damned to follow political correctness into your grave won't give the truth a moments notice anyways making discussion an exercise in futility.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Really? Ebaumsworld?

Looks like you got the reaction you wanted.And stars and flags to boot.

Good job.

edit on 20-2-2014 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2014 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I miss the days when all you needed was a slide hammer and a screwdriver, these modern cars I dont like, too many electronics...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

SprocketUK

Domo1

I think he's trying to say being a biker is a choice, being black is not.

its about as much of a choice as breathing.
The thing is, there's always someone looking to discriminate against anyone. Colour of a person's skin is an obvious thing? but if it isn't that you can be damned sure they'll find another reason.

I do my best to withhold judgements on people I meet, but I dont always manage not to dismiss someone because of an inbuilt prejudice.

There's probably more rich-poor discrimination in the world than white-black.

I was thinking along those lines.

It's as if race and religion, sports and politics are distractions and time consuming hypnotics.
What if, we are all slaves. Black, white, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, Atlantic, Mongolian, Indigenous Indian, or Bill and Paul.

There are degrees of slave though. The more value placed on ones ability to influence a higher number of peo...serfs, the more one is allowed, yes, allowed to access vices and delusions of grandeur. The rewards seem great. Materialistically, very appealing.
The best slaves are the ones who believe they are free.
But, just as any refuse, once your appeal and usefulness in effecting a worthy return, you are discarded into the obis of slaves of lower and low degree, in the footsteps of O.J., Tyson, Negron, Pee Wee, Tesla, etc...
Who calls the shots?
The ones who create the worlds currencies? Socio-psychopaths as Man behind the curtain?
Even they are slave to their God-Complexes, tireless quest for more accumulation of power, and soulless realities. Just of a preconceived highest of degrees. No?
They are masters of all. Few in the shadows store, flaunt in grandiose top secretive fashion, the knowledge held secret from us, their slaves.
It is all potential for real freedom, but in the end, unreal and controlled, unfettered; forever. We are divided by the omnipotent Master strategists manipulating universal powers long forgotten, now extinct from our unknown past.
We must unite and stand as a people to move on to higher planes where there is real freedom, or fall.
Jimmy the door to freedom and this profiling will not exist/
edit on 20-2-2014 by imd12c4funn because: typo

<< 1    3 >>

join