It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre' Cluster of Severe Birth Defects Haunts Health Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Amysterious cluster of severe birth defects in rural Washington state is confounding health experts, who say they can find no cause, even as reports of new cases continue to climb.

Federal and state officials won’t say how many women in a three-county area near Yakima, Wash., have had babies with anencephaly, a heart-breaking condition in which they’re born missing parts of the brain or skull. And they admit they haven't interviewed any of the women in question, or told the mothers there's a potentially widespread problem.

But as of January 2013, officials with the Washington state health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had counted nearly two dozen cases in three years, a rate four times the national

Bizarre' Cluster of Severe Birth Defects Haunts Health Experts

Fuk Radiation? GMO? Contaminated Water? Those are my three best guesses. I think i's a hodgepodge of everything personally. The earth is going to be fine, but we really f'd up that thin layer on the outside, didn't we?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Look up Hanford, Washington state nuclear... Hanford Challenge

I'd give that some attention.

BTW this was posted somewhere or other yesterday.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Topic about this already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I still think Washington state is a pretty good model of how a state should function in our union. Their legalization of marijuana was an unprecedented victory for individual liberty. I feel so terrible for those effected by these deformities though. We need to figure out the most efficient way to limit the effects of the radiation in those areas that are most concentrated. Down with nuclear energy. Up with radiant energy.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Sorry... Can someone remove this or close this thread?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I'm just a regular citizen...and I don't live ANYWHERE near Washington State.

But the very FIRST thing I thought of was the leak at the Hanford Nuclear site.
www.usatoday.com...

This has been discussed several times here on ATS.
Maybe the folks who wrote this article need to join ATS :/

Also, in my capacity as a moderator, we allow a thread in Breaking Alternative News and a regular forum...no need to close this one.
edit on Tue Feb 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fukushima.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

You are ok, you put it in breaking new, it is the loop hole

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As someone has already said, lookup the Hanford Nuclear site. A total nuclear disaster, and worsening by the day.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The down-river kids.
That's what the locals around Pasco/ Yakima call them.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is nothing new to native Washingtonians. Most of us know farmer families that have been dealing with "clusters" of cancer within their family. I worked with one woman whose family farmed in the Yakima area for several generations. Hanford has been there since WW2. She, her brother, father, grandfather, can't remember the exact count, all had cancer at the same time. They know it is because of Hanford, but no one cares.

Thanks for the thread.
edit on 19-2-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
this is like waukushima. this is the first I've heard of it, and its upsetting. Weird how they are not making that link in the story? right or is that what we are missing here. the first story of the deformed babies, does that say anything about the nuke waste spill? seems like that is an obvious thing to omit, or that is where the conspiracy lies here.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

In the end, there was nothing — “no common exposures, conditions or causes,” state officials said — to explain the spike.

except* it doesn't(strange omission) say they tested for radioactivity. smh.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Probably some genetic predisposition clashing with some sort of GMO food. They tested for "common exposures" which I would presume means toxicity and radiation in groundwater, so I doubt it's from Hanford. You can't really test whether the food they're eating is GMO, though. I dunno, I'm just guessing.

I'm from Washington State, and it does get pretty rural, especially near Yakima. I live just on the other side of the mountains from there and let's just say I could get lost in my back yard and die of exposure. For all I know they could just be hillbillies, Deliverance-style.

new topics

top topics

join