It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David M Jacobs-The Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have just completed reading this book.

I must admit although I believe in Ufo's and Aliens the whole Abduction thing hmmmmm????

Hypnotic Regression is triggering something but is it really Alien Abduction? Jacobs has spent 20 years researching the subject and I admire his efforts but the conclusions reached Hybrids that look like us are coming to live amongst us. The stories seem real to the abductees but more often than not their recall on incidents happens mainly during regression.

Would like other's opinion on the subject if I may

Cheers
edit on 18-2-2014 by saucerprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saucerprobe

I think Jacobs is spot on. Different people described things under hypnosis without the possibility of cross contamination. Things such as the form of the grays, the medical examination, the oz factor, car engines stalling etc. all this came out from independent witnesses. Also, many conscious memories, without hypnosis, back up memories retrieved under hypnosis.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
2 or 3 years ago i read the book also.
Its a very good read IMHO. with a lot of good information and storys about the
UFO-abduction subject.
I would recommend this book to everyone interested in the subject.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It seems typical with discussing the UFO phenomena that people look at one aspect that they think they can use to dismiss the whole situation and shove the rest under the rug because it doesn't fit what they want to show.

I won't belabor readers with a long reply. My own proof of UFOs and the abduction phenomena are quite reasonable. On an October night in 1964 I somehow lost about two hours and fifteen minutes on a nighttime drive to my rural home. I consciously was aware of that time loss when I reached my house and noticed the kitchen wall clock, but didn't allow myself to think about it--all part of their mind-control process that the ETs definitely have down to a science.

That period was very early in the appearance of abduction cases. However, it was a full ten years later before all of the pieces slipped together in my head for me to realize that it was an abduction experience that night. In 1985 I underwent hypnosis by the famous Dr. Leo Sprinkle at the University of Wyoming. We learned nothing more than I consciously remembered about the event except I felt a "big eye" was looking at me.

I hope this illustrates that knocking UFO abduction cases by throwing out all hypnosis accounts is, as they say, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, a very common tactic with deniers in government, science and the public at large. Such a tactic works with the uninformed but astounds me that any one would read a book that contains case after case of abduction cases with a myriad of supporting data and then choose to ignore the factual side of those cases in order to throw doubt on the whole abduction phenomena. But then, such denials are to be expected from all sides since abductions experiences and the use of precise mind control by the ETs is an "in your face" truth that all of us humans would rather not come to terms with.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Have also recently finished this book, i love the fact someone on ATS has bounced up with it, nice bit of synchronicity going on

As far as the book goes it was a pretty compelling read, and i like that this guy understands ''leading'' can happen in regression and seems to have done his best to eliminate that possibility. very good book and i would recommend it to those interested in the subject.
I also believe this book was some of the basis for The Forth Kind film.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I read his book a long time ago. If I recall, he believes the alien agenda is to eventually control mankind and enslave us. I give him credit for not being afraid of public opinion and openly writing and talking about people and their abductions experiences. What I like about his research is he compares abduction cases for similarities and he's trying to connect the dots to make sense of these abductions and the alien "agenda".

For myself, I have found similarities in abduction cases back in the 70's of eyewitness reports of alien technologies witnessed during abductions, and from eyewitness sightings. Some of these technologies are currently being experimented with in U.S. labs and some of these technologies are currently being used by our military and in medical applications.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are huge problems with David Jacob's ethics and credibility.

And one doesn't need a "chastity belt" to feel secure from this creep.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
thanks for those of you that replied. I did enjoy the book and as stated give him credit 20 years investigating with not one solid piece of evidence. I am on the fence with abductions. But what does bother me is that I think the great flood or the let's start again may have been an E.T influence on many occasions / let's bring in the upgrade model is understandable but..... why have them intermingle and live among the old models?

Why impregnate a human woman when if they have technology that can stop memories, travel vast distances, know your thoughts drop you back in bed then grow the suckers in liquid. They obviously don't want to blow us up.

Cant quite grasp the intentions here from such a superior race.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

saucerprobe
thanks for those of you that replied. I did enjoy the book and as stated give him credit 20 years investigating with not one solid piece of evidence. I am on the fence with abductions. But what does bother me is that I think the great flood or the let's start again may have been an E.T influence on many occasions / let's bring in the upgrade model is understandable but..... why have them intermingle and live among the old models?

Why impregnate a human woman when if they have technology that can stop memories, travel vast distances, know your thoughts drop you back in bed then grow the suckers in liquid. They obviously don't want to blow us up.

Cant quite grasp the intentions here from such a superior race.

They want power in this world - they have an agenda. They can't live here themselves so they want to create a race of obedient hybrids that can live here and serve them.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

EnPassant
They want power in this world - they have an agenda. They can't live here themselves so they want to create a race of obedient hybrids that can live here and serve them.

They can travel the stars but are too dumb to create robots....

Right.

I suggest you watch the videos I posted above. There is far too much wrong in the field of "abduction" research to take any of it seriously.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

JadeStar

EnPassant

They can travel the stars but are too dumb to create robots....

Right.

I suggest you watch the videos I posted above. There is far too much wrong in the field of "abduction" research to take any of it seriously.

Robotics is a very hard science. It has a very steep learning curve. They can't even create a robot today that can open a door, let itself out, and close the door - not if there are arbitrary types of handles on the door. Making competent robots might be much harder than travelling through space. How could robots serve their purposes in this world?

See my first post to this thread. Yes, nowadays a lot of stuff is out about hypnosis but, back in the day, before the abduction stories were out there was virtually no pollution. People who never had any exposure to the ufo phenomena all reported the same themes and these themes were established in an uncontaminated environment by early abductees. Also, these themes (hybrids, the medical exam, stalling car engines etc.) were established again and again by people who had direct memory without hypnosis; direct memories support what comes from hypnosis. In the second video at 4:25 he says that even outright memory cannot be trusted. This is silly. What they are saying is that people are too stupid to be able to recall what they saw. Our justice system, incorporating witness testimony, is based on outright memory. Yes, there can be details that get confused but outright memory is reliable.

Those people in the second video might have a point with regard to modern times but all the essentials were established before these themes became common knowledge.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think about Jacobs' ethics, but if there is any truth to the stories he presents, well.. I wonder what life will be like under our bug-eyed overlords

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ufoalienabductee.com

Therein contains everything you need to know about David Jacobs.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jritzmann

You guys took a kicking for those paratopia episodes and yet they turned the tide.

The amount of intelligent discussion that arose from the 'topia podcasts, 'Emma' and Jack Brewer's blog was excellent.

The amount of cognitive dissonance from other quarters was also very telling.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: jritzmann

You guys took a kicking for those paratopia episodes and yet they turned the tide.

And I'd do it again...wait, I did, on Paranormal Waypoint (KGRARadio.com). Over 3 programs I laid out the Dr. Scott Lilienfeld information, the Carol Rainey story, and finally the Emma Woods recordings. If anyone needs any more than that to show that abduction research is in the toilet, I don't know what to tell them.

The real story here is that yes, something is indeed happening in "alien" experiences, something truly anomalous. But, your UFOlogical researchers have twisted the accounts, and edited them for mass appeal, capital gains and ego gratification. I'd venture to say any of you not having the experience don't know what I'm talking about (and that's not your fault either) - and those who are, know *instantly* what I mean.

Jacobs, Hopkins, etc - all painted a highly inaccurate picture of this due to their ridiculous use of a hypnotic tool that is utterly useless for recovering accurate memory. What is it good for? Hardening false memories. In other words, Jacobs and his ilk co-created the "typical abduction scenario". There is no "typical" scenario.

From people who recall directly, there are similar aspects. What you hear out of hypnosis recall is cultural contamination, along with a host of other contributing factors.

You want a conspiracy? There it is. The abduction "researchers" sold you on their own preconceived notions and poisoned the study from the get-go. The conspiracy is they know the real experience is FAR more strange and self negating - and they bury it because they think it's too bizarre, or too much to be believed.

The outlier data is disposed of and you never heard it. They didn't want you too. They want to sell you alien doctors, or enlightened beings, or evil hybrids.

That's the disservice of it all, and it's to the detriment of the study.

I believe people are recognizing the more complex picture, and they're ready for it. They are turning away from the Hopkins, Jacobs, Lamb and Smith's and getting serious.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: saucerprobe
I have just completed reading this book.

I must admit although I believe in Ufo's and Aliens the whole Abduction thing hmmmmm????

Hypnotic Regression is triggering something but is it really Alien Abduction? Jacobs has spent 20 years researching the subject and I admire his efforts but the conclusions reached Hybrids that look like us are coming to live amongst us. The stories seem real to the abductees but more often than not their recall on incidents happens mainly during regression.

Would like other's opinion on the subject if I may

Cheers

This might be the best reply you'll receive. Do yourself a favor and acquire the book "ALIEN ABDUCTIONS - Creating a Modern Phenomenon" by Terry Matheson, 1998 - Prometheus Books. I'm an alien (et) skeptic and do not accept anything said by a human, especially by alleged authors/hypnotists not trained clinically. As it did me, who has read almost every book and other sources, I learned to think differently about the subject. A lot of clues that I missed which would not have helped me accept any part of it, but becoming aware of them now just solidified my opinion.

top topics

join