It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Device Bluetooth Adapters - Opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I went shopping yesterday and bought myself a multi-device bluetooth adapter. In fact, I bought this one, specifically:

Rocketfishâ„¢ - Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter

It not only managed to restore use to a very nice keyboard I've had from a few years back, but will connect to and pair with any other bluetooth devices in the area. (Up to 7 at once)

Some of what I was looking over included a reference to pairing this to a phone as well as separately to a bluetooth hands free device for audio with the computer. Skype was specifically shown on a splash screen for something a paired device can do with this universal adapter while it was installing.

Has anyone worked with these before, for pairing things not necessarily intended for a PC (like a hands free bluetooth ear piece) to do things on the PC with? How well does it work for multiple devices and an audio stream thrown in?

I've honestly never had one of these that wasn't pre-set to pair with whatever it came with. This actually does a scan with a wireless networking type list popping up of all bluetooth devices in range.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's part of the new bluetooth 4.0 standard and it does work pretty well. I have an ipad, speakers, keyboard and mouse attached to my bluetooth adapter.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am in the midst of a major upgrade. So I just bought a motherboard with the newest bluetooth on it. It will be interesting to play around with. I'm hearing good things about connecting a bluetooth headset to it. We'll see about multiples with an audio stream in it. I'll just have to experiment, and see how well it works. I hope it works well, because I'd like to start using a bluetooth headset instead of the Turtle Beaches I have.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just be careful... too many wireless devices in the area can shrivel up the 'ol carrot... so I have read anyway (on ATS of course)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think Rocketfish is Best Buy's brand. I've had decent experience with their stuff store brand under various names over the years.

Edit -

I've never worked with one of these micro USB ones. I do have a Bluetooth adapter built in to my wireless card but I've only actually used it once for transferring some pics from my mom's phone.
edit on 19-2-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join