It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: the Founding Fathers Would Totally Support Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

America’s Founding Fathers fiercely held to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness—values which Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) claimed align seamlessly with Obamacare.

Pelosi: the Founding Fathers Would Totally Support Obamacare

Pelosi explained why the law is “very sound policy” during a press conference Friday:

To go to back to our founders once again, they sacrificed it all for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This law, the affordable care act, is about a healthier life, the liberty to pursue your happiness. That is solid policy, and the mandate is central to that.

What ?

The founding fathers would support being forced to buy a corporate products, and if they didn't they get fined by government for not doing so.

No Pelosi they wouldn't support it.

Besides Pelosi Life,Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is found on the Declaration of Independence. Because of asinine 'governments'.

They rebelled, They started a war.

So no Pelosi they would most certainly not support government fascism called the 'Affordable' Shaft Act.

Oh my god at the sheer stupidity of Pelosi's comments:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

www.archives.gov...

The affordable shaft act was not passed by consent of the governed.

So according to that same piece of paper touting 'life,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'.

We Americans reserve the RIGHT to abolish the government that gave us that piece of trash law.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This woman has no concept of the Founding Fathers.

They would of never even let a woman hold such a high office.

In this case....Their wisdom rings true to this day.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why anybody would continue to listen to or support "we have to pass the bill before we can know what's in it," getting government contracts for her husband's company, and exempting herself from minimum wage laws Pelosi is a mystery--are they idiots or are they not paying attention?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think was made specifically for when Pelosi opens her mouth -

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Isn't she the same wingnut who said that Obamacare causing people to lose their jobs is a good thing because now they have the freedom to pursue what they wanted?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL wow that is a new one for her even. Maybe one day she won't get reelected... maybe all of congress won't...
How many have been quoted on the air of not reading bills before they vote to pass them?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

WHAT?!

Pelosi is an idiot. They wouldn't support such a corrupted failure like Obamacare... One of the dumber things I've read today...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought Obamacare was a tax.

I also thought that the little dust-up we had with the King was over taxation.

Looks like Grandma Pelosi has been nipping the cooking sherry again!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, I am sure a burning issue they just forgot to record in the associated papers at the time was how they could demand 'ol Doc whoits give affordable bone sawing and blood letting services to the whole town.

Hey now.... maybe that's really why they covered the windows and put a gag order on proceedings at Independence Hall during the deliberation before signing the big document. They were really discussing.........FounderCare!

Whew...The world would be a different place had that all gone differently then. I'm sure Pelosi has her sources to know these things beyond what even historians are able to find.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Well see what you did was apply some logic to the statement, Nancy forgets to do that before she speaks, it is a common mistake among congress

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

There all Crazy! Not a Brain between them!

The Obama Administration’s latest argument for Obamacare is that some people don’t want to work, and Obamacare makes not working easier for those people.

This new spin comes conveniently in the wake of a Congressional Budget Office report demonstrating Obamacare will push about 2 million workers out of the labor market by 2017.

The liberals of the Obama Administration spun the new data as only they can. Politico Pro reports (sub. req’d):

Instead, the Obama administration says, the health care law will allow people to choose to work less.

Under Obamacare, “individuals will be empowered to make choices about their own lives and livelihoods, like retiring on time rather than working into their elderly years or choosing to spend more time with their families,” White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

“At the beginning of this year, we noted that as part of this new day in health care, Americans would no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams,” Carney said in the statement. For good measure, he added that “the Republican plan to repeal the ACA would strip those hardworking Americans of that opportunity.” (emphasis added)

Link

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says the CBO report vindicates ObamaCare, because “this was one of the goals. To give people life, a healthy life, liberty to pursue their happiness. And that liberty is to not be job-locked, but to follow their passion.”
Pelosi is particularly invested in this view. She’s been mocked for years now for her repeated claims that ObamaCare is an entrepreneurial bill because it would let Americans quit their jobs to, among other things, “write poetry.”
I know I’m not alone in thinking that it was totally worth seizing a seventh of the US economy, polarizing Washington, throwing millions of ’ lives into turmoil and forcing millions of others to pay more in premiums and deductibles, while spending $1.2 trillion just so we could liberate the Job-Locked Poets! (Whoever seizes that as the name of your new band: You’re welcome.)

Pelosi is Nuts

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

...and here's your sign

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The founding fathers would support being forced to buy a corporate products, and if they didn't they get fined by government for not doing so.

If you knew more about the founding fathers you would know they had no problem with forcing people to buy corporate products and tax people for corporate services.

The second militia act of 1792 forced all male citizens to buy weapons and ammo. Both of which are corporate products.

And passed a law in 1795 that charged a fee to ships that docked in America to help pay for medical services for injured sailors.

Jefferson also said in a letter to Madison that the wealthy should be taxed for every cent the government could get out of them to pay for social services to the poor.
Sounds like they would have had no problem with the ACA.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Fine lets talk about history like California, Pelosi's state didn't exist at the writing of the Declaration, or the Constitution,.

And women didn't have the right to vote, and women congressman were unheard of.

edit on 17-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by neo96

If you knew more about the founding fathers you would know they had no problem with forcing people to buy corporate products and tax people for corporate services.

The second militia act of 1792 forced all male citizens to buy weapons and ammo. Both of which are corporate products.

And passed a law in 1795 that charged a fee to ships that docked in America to help pay for medical services for injured sailors.

Jefferson also said in a letter to Madison that the wealthy should be taxed for every cent the government could get out of them to pay for social services to the poor.
Sounds like they would have had no problem with the ACA.

Fees and tariffs certainly were part of the constitution.

I'd like to see a copy of that letter from Jefferson to Madison.

No, they would have a problem with the ACA because they put in the 9th and 10th Amendments. Maintaining a militia was part of the Constitutionally duties enumerated for the Federal Government. Making sure everyone had healthcare was not. Both Madison and Jefferson would have said, and rightly so, it was a state issue, not one of the Federal government. If they would have wanted it to be, they would have insisted that it was put in there.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

I don't remember giving any consent for any of this garbage they are trying to force on us. My vote was definitely not for any of these clowns that are passing this garbage along now, and I am sure that most of the votes weren't, but this "electoral college" junk is part of what is screwing things up. As long as people are naive enough to keep voting for the "lesser of two evils", if the votes actually count, we will just have to keep dealing with this mess until the rest of the people get fed up with it.

And I refuse to believe for a second that our founding fathers would have approved of this junk bill.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
she knows it's stupid and not true. she's just placing a bet that America doesn't know that.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are half right. That little dust up was because of taxation without representation.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Yeah I thought we have a dust up over the king about taxation too.

By all rights we have a hall pass to repeat history.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by buster2010

Fine lets talk about history like California, Pelosi's state didn't exist at the writing of the Declaration, or the Constitution,.

And women didn't have the right to vote, and women congressman were unheard off.

So women should be told to get back into the kitchen and remember their place?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join