It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glad I'm Not The Only One Disgusted By This Reporter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So, we were watching the Olympics yesterday. My husband loves skiing.
We were very happy for Bode Miller.
Until we saw the video, of this reporter, going what I felt was too far. She could see that he was visible upset and emotional, yet she doesn't know when to quit. We were both absolutely disgusted by her.

And I'm happy to say, apparently a lot of people are as well.
Video

There are several sites, where the comments are very negative towards her, as they should be. Even if the questions are scripted, and planned well in advance, she showed NO common sense, as to his feelings, and should have stopped her questioning much sooner than she did.
Comments
More comments

Just another shinning example of how today's news and reporters are vile creatures, that seem to lack much in common sense or compassion.
But hey! Who cares right? It's all about the ratings!!!!!

edit on 17-2-2014 by chiefsmom because: fixed

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Ur links are available

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by M3RCSENTINAL

Not sure what you mean. I saw the one is broke, but I fixed it. Do you mean they are Unavailable, to you?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I didn't see anything wrong there? she stopped when he stopped, and seemed to console him.

Maybe the video cut short before the bad part. I dunno.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

I just felt that when she could see that he was having a hard time talking about his brother, she could have quit then, not ask more. She could have made it about his actual run, but she didn't. And it did seem like there where more questions that what they are showing in these, but I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

sn0rch
I didn't see anything wrong there? she stopped when he stopped, and seemed to console him.

Maybe the video cut short before the bad part. I dunno.

She is a former Olympian, but not so much a reporter (IMO).

The real problem lies with NBC sitting on the interview for 8 hours and deciding that it was a good idea to air the footage. That choice put sensationalism over common decorum.

NBC sucked right there.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ok, didn't know she was a former Olympian. In a way, I have to say that makes it worse, really.

But good point on NBC and the delay. Didn't seem to work out so well for them, in public opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Here is some info from Chistin's Wikipedia page:

As a member of the U.S. Ski Team, Cooper raced on the World Cup circuit from 1977-84. Starting the 1977 season on the "C" team, she made her World Cup debut at age 17 on January 19 and finished 14th in a slalom at Schruns, Austria; a week later she had a tenth place finish in the slalom at Crans-Montana, Switzerland. Best in the technical events, she raced in all five disciplines, with World Cup podiums in four. She broke her ankle during training in August, prior to the 1978 season. She competed in the slalom at the 1978 World Championships in Garmisch, West Germany, but did not finish. Cooper's best season in international competition was in 1982, when she won three medals (two silvers and a bronze) at the World Championships at Haus im Ennstal, Austria. She also had three World Cup victories and placed third in the 1982 World Cup overall standings. The previous year, 1981, she finished fourth in the women's overall and second in slalom. A downhill training crash in late January at Les Diablerets in Switzerland sidelined her for the remainder of the 1983 season. It resulted in a compression fracture in her left tibia just below the knee and required a bone graft from her hip. Cooper returned to form the following season with five early podiums before the 1984 Winter Olympics, and then won the silver medal in the Olympic giant slalom, 0.40 seconds behind teammate Debbie Armstrong at Jahorina. Soon after, a run at her hometown resort of Sun Valley was named in her honor: the run "Silver Fox" on Seattle Ridge was renamed "Christin's Silver." Nearby on Seattle Ridge is "Gretchen's Gold," a run named after Gretchen Fraser, a gold medalist in the slalom at the 1948 Winter Olympics and a mentor to Cooper. Cooper retired from international competition following the 1984 season, in which she was the runner-up in the season's giant slalom standings. She completed her racing career at age 24 with five World Cup victories, 26 podiums, and 65 top tens.

Wikipedia: Christin Cooper

She may be a good reporter for all I know, but she fell down on this one. I don't want to bash her though. Everyone screws up some time or another.

NBC was definitely wrong to air it.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah, it was really uncomfortable to watch. I kept thinking, "Holy S, how many times are you going to ask the same brutal question?"

I can't believe he didn't just tell her to shut the hell up before he broke.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Damn, I don't have cable so I missed this. Does anyone have a transcript to the interview by chance?
2nd line

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not sure that it will translate the same, as seeing him, but I found it.
Transcript

top topics

join