It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Subscribed Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Please, how can I stop becoming subscribed to every thread I've ever written and every thread I've ever POSTED on. I went to my "subscriptions" and was shocked to see hundreds of them! Worse yet, there is no "select all" option to make deleting easier.

I don't want to be automatically subscribed to anything. I only want to be subscribed to things where I personally click on "subscribe to this thread."

Please assist.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

All you need to do is go into MyATS and just click on the X on the left of each subscribed thread.

Good luck

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by Ameilia

All you need to do is go into MyATS and just click on the X on the left of each subscribed thread.

Good luck

Kindest respects

Rodinus

There are actually two places where "subscribed threads" are kept now. One is under MyATS. No matter what I subscribe to now, I can't get it to appear there. I used to use this area to keep track of particular threads.

The second place (new to me) is under "subscriptions." To access this, click the drop down arrow by the "log out" button at the top of the page, then click "subscriptions" on the menu that appears.

This is where anything I subscribe to now appears (as opposed to where it used to appear, under MyATS. In addition to things I subscribe to appearing here, all threads I've authored or replied to also show. There is no X to click, one must individually click a box next to each of hundreds of threads to delete them. This is tedious.

I can access my threads by going to my profile, likewise my replies. It makes no sense to auto-subscribe people.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

And once again, by replying, I've become automatically subscribed to this thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Any thread you reply to or create is automatically added to your subscriptions. The only way to remove it is to delete it from your MyATS list.

To manually subscribe you have to click the subscribe button in an individual post, not in the main thread.
edit on 2/17/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you. That is unnecessarily repetitive and therefore I thought there would be some setting to change so that I am not forced to unsubscribe every single time I make a post/start a thread. But if that is the way it is set up, I will just have to do it that way!

Thanks for answering!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

That is unnecessarily repetitive

You're not wrong. I tried once, gave up after 10 pages. I would not mind but you have to do it a page at a time. Pity there were not some other options like select all or perhaps by subject matter / forums.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

There is a subscribe button right on top of the page you are posting on, and when you finish posting, if you don't want to subscribe, you just click on it and turn it from a solid to an outline.

I do that every time I post and don't want to subscribe.

I use the My ATS subscribe list as my main page, to see what's occurring, and when I want to clean it out before a thread disappears (I mean it goes below the number of threads on MyATS that you can keep track of) I click the x to get rid of it. The subscription page holds, I think, 800 subscriptions that you can see (I think all of your subscriptions are kept track of though, and I wish they'd all show and not just 800). That's where I put threads I either like, want to explore more of, or have other reasons to keep and to see if someone has posted on them.

A question I have: Can you increase the number of subscribed pages shown on MyATS? I wish I had room for fifty of them there. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join