It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
For me, the evidence is in the night sky (Sorry to those who live in densely populated areas and may have never seen a clear, unobstructed view of it with no light pollution). I just think it is extremely arrogant to presume we are the only living, intelligent (term loosely invoked) beings among the vastness of space. Any one of those stars could be the center of a universe just like ours.

However, if we can prove that none exist, wouldn't that be a check-mate in favor of creationism? If life on earth is happenstance, there should be provable statistics of the likelihood of it happening elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
or you could stop bickering and agree to disagree.

i've seen ufos, they're real. i've never gotten a picture of one despite seeing well into the 100s of them (you have to look up at night an awful lot, but they're there).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How in the world can you have the greatest evidence UFO's do not exist? this is what you call bad blind skepticism that makes no sense.
You either have bad photos or good photos of UFOs or videos.Each case has to have honest skeptics who approach all angles.

What ever is going on with this subject is definetly in secrecy.UFOs and whatever is piloting them is being secret about themselves.As well as alien abductions and who ever is doing this to humans are not letting or wanting their presence to even be known.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What's a UFO? And what does that have to do with non-terrestrials. A photo of a light in the sky? A daylight 'disc'? Who's driving? RPV, Hologram, DARPA?

Too many hoaxers to make anything of a photograph.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Maverick7
What's a UFO? And what does that have to do with non-terrestrials. A photo of a light in the sky? A daylight 'disc'? Who's driving? RPV, Hologram, DARPA?

Too many hoaxers to make anything of a photograph.
Exactly why you need credibly honest skeptics who sort through it all.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

WTFover
For me, the evidence is in the night sky (Sorry to those who live in densely populated areas and may have never seen a clear, unobstructed view of it with no light pollution). I just think it is extremely arrogant to presume we are the only living, intelligent (term loosely invoked) beings among the vastness of space. Any one of those stars could be the center of a universe just like ours.
Just because you see a UFO, doesn't mean it's alien.

To the OP: Here is a rare picture of a real UFO taken in January 2000, it just didn't turn out very good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4b06c0a903a.png[/atsimg]

I don't have any more idea what it is after looking at the picture than before, though it may rule some things out, like we can say it definitely wasn't Venus.

To WTFover and OP, I think this post may be related to the above picture and perhaps some other sightings too which is why we shouldn't jump to conclusions about what they are:

PLAYERONE01
Area 51 spy plane and other aviation tales.
edition.cnn.com...

Declassified: US air force tested secretly acquired Soviet fighters in Area 51
rt.com...

Does the USAF have a secret ISR/Strike jet in development at Groom Lake?
www.flightglobal.com...

The Air Force's top secret new spy drone with a 130 FOOT wingspan that is being tested in Area 51
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dreamlandresort.com...
Note Jimmy Carter saw a UFO before he was elected, and he said if elected he'd release information about UFOs. After getting elected, he didn't follow through on his promise, citing national security concerns, which one might interpret in the context of PLAYERONE01's post.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

A believer? How do you believe if you're a skeptic? You're either a skeptic or a believer. Or are you a skeptical believer? How does that work.
That is the way it supposed to work. These are not teams or political parties. There is no us vs them.

I am a believer in alien visitation but there is no evidence this has ever occurred. I go on faith, imagination, speculation,etc. The skeptics are not your enemies. Why? Because they don't lie to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I did a little test 2 weeks ago. I always carry a camera in my pocket for whatever reason just always have.

A huge hawk came down from wherever and was flying right in front of my truck I was doing about 30 mph. I reached into my pocket as fast as I could and pulled it out and turned it on the hawk was moving to the side the up and gone. 5 seconds 10 maybe camera out and nearly up but gone. Probably could have stopped and gotten out but it was a test and I failed to catch the IFO with camera handy and as ready as I could be. Lots of UFO sightings are like that probably most are.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

the short answer is that they only show up to certain people

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Can you prove that there aren't any UFO's that visit earth?
Can you prove that there isn't any intelligent life in the universe that has the technology to travel around visiting planets?

this is a bogus argument. Its impossible to prove the non existence of anything.

We have no concrete proof either way, I think it is great to think out of the box.

yes, but don't go too far away from the box. Since its impossible to have proof of a negative this is not a level playing field.

Nothing wrong with imagining and dreaming

as long as you call it imagination and dreaming

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I will have to say most UFOs are our government people dont realize how many top secret aircraft they test. Guarantee testing of the f22 was causing people to think they saw a UFO. Think how many people would see an object flip and reverse direction in mid flight. To most people planes just dont do that well they do now. Then SR 71 flying incredibly fast at the edge of space itself imagine when the sun would catch it when people looked up into the night sky. And then theres craft like aurora its specs were they wanted an aircraft that can reach anywhere in the globe within 30 min. The government doesnt put out requirements like that to the aerospace industry without it being possible. And if we know about a black project there are others that would amaze you and easily seem beyond our capabilities.I saw one project where helicopters are going to become obsolete they our going to use a version of ion drives instead of blades. This thing will move in any direction and will be completely quiet for all intensive purposes it will move just like what people think UFOs do.Id love to know how far along they are on this but there are rumors some new tech is being tested which will change the aerospace industry so they may already testing this or something equally as amazing.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

My only comments are the following;

I've had two encounters ( not necessarily close ) that I would deem being with Unidentifiable Flying Objects, one of which was simply captivating; so much so that I didn't even consider going for my phone. Aside from the fact that the object was far out of my cameras observable distance. My second encounter was one that still baffles me to this day ( more-so than the first ), and while I was in fact fumbling for my phone to try and shoot video of what I was seeing, I drove past the object before I could get my camera up due to my not wanting to slow traffic behind me... After a minute trying to recollect what I had just seen, I looked back and the 3+ cars that were gaining on me had all disappeared ( either stopped to look or ASSIMILATED!!! ) on an 8+ mile, sparsely populated,'straight' road with very... very few turnouts. Maybe one in the length that I had traveled.

While a lot of people can say they saw something; I feel that more often than not, the sheer captivation prevents us from thinking to react in such a manner as to get footage. I didn't want to look away; personally.

Per there 'not being any' amateur footage out there - I would disagree. While there are a great number of doctored videos out there depicting insane scenes that probably didn't happen... There are just as many videos that cannot be 'confirmed' as being doctored - but are so 'debunked' that they are disregarded. I frequently feel that these 'debunkings' are often uninformed or closed-minded.

To summarize I suppose... I think we should all start opening our minds to the possibility of some of these 'debunked' videos to be valid, and accept that human nature will more often than not ( until we are more accepting of such ) cause great confusion and interest in something before it creates the desire to document it for historical purposes.

Next time I drive by a perfectly-still hovering light in the middle of a cow pasture, I'll try to remember to stop and snap a few for you. ( I was honestly a little scared to stop - didn't have my firearm yet
).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I agree you can't prove non existence the burden of proof would be proving something exists. A lack of evidence doesnt disprove something either however it does establish a logical conclusion. With logic we can deduce that most likely something doesnt exist having no evidence to prove otherwise. For example fairies may exist but do to the lack of evidence its very unlikely.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth

thedeadtruth
ATS chorus line....

" Picture or it didn't happen "

Not saying encounters "aren't happening" or that UFOs don't exist.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just noticing the lack of good photos compared to the number of sightings seems suspicious.
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

In keeping with the post provided by thedeadtruth (to which you here respond,) I'm afraid I'm gonna need a picture of this lack of good photos, or it didn't happen!

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Can you prove that UFO in general(alien/or not) don't exist?

Guess what, NO, you can't.

Plus, catching a ball of light on camera shows a lot of detail. I think you can see a wrinkle or something on it smooth lighting surface. Just don't think it, it might get embarrassed.

edit on 17-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Let's suppose ETs ARE HERE and they do not want to be revealed - have you not read of the many cases where cars get immobile, cameras stop working, things get erased from them.

You would think an alien race that is highly advanced would not have the ways to manipulate your data without even pressing the button? Yes every single time.

That is not to say that any of the images and such are any valuable evidence of ET presence, as they are not, but what is presented as a reason 'one would have caught it by now - I am not even reading the article I just know that's what it will say' - then this is just not the way to think

/Article
/Thread

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

dragonridr
I will have to say most UFOs are our government people dont realize how many top secret aircraft they test.
I have no doubt some UFOs are classified manmade aircraft (or maybe even spacecraft), but I don't know if it's "most". As Soylent said, I think some could be misidentifications of conventional aircraft, with the idea that conventional planes don't silently hover. As Soylent explained, they can appear to do exactly that and some people don't realize it.

For example if you cut off the last 40 seconds of this ~2 minute video, I have no doubt that some people would be saying "UFO" or maybe even "aliens" because it looks nothing like a conventional aircraft....at first:

CAUTION: to all UFO videographers

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

IF such a technologically advanced civilization were to find us and attempt the hide themselves from us, why would we still have thousands of credible cases hinting at their existence? Wouldn't they be able to conceal themselves from us and not just our cameras?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Can you prove that UFO in general(alien/or not) don't exist?

Guess what, NO, you can't.

A ridiculous argument. Can you "prove" invisible unicorns don't exist?
Guess what, nobody can prove a negative, it is near impossible. The burden of proof is on the side making the claim that UFOs are alien.
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: wrong word

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My point is ridiculous as your thread title. UFO photo prove they don't exist. Is that an oxymoron?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join