It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Muslims try to flee CAR capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thousands of Muslims try to flee CAR capital

BANGUI (AP)—Thousands of Muslims who tried to flee the violence in Central African Republic’s capital were turned back by peacekeepers Friday, as crowds of angry Christians shouted “we’re going to kill you all.”

The convoy was turned back as France announced it would send 400 more soldiers to its former colony mired in unprecedented sectarian fighting.

The U.N. chief, meanwhile, warned Friday that in Central African Republic “the very fabric of society, woven over generations, is being ripped apart.”

“We must live up to the promises made around this table to act swiftly and robustly in the face of such bloodshed,” U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon told the Security Council on Friday. “We cannot claim to care about mass atrocity crimes and then shrink from what it means to actually prevent them.”

Source

I can't believe it, the "Peacekeeper" doing the same/ similar thing
like they had done in Srebenica

Srebrenica Massacre

And again Oil is the Reason for this Civil War!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Additional Information:

Central African Republic: A Deepening Crisis

by Peter Biro
When the long-running civil war in the Central African Republic (CAR) ended in 2007, observers hoped that peace would usher in a new era of economic recovery and development. Instead the country, already one of the world’s poorest, faces a devastating humanitarian crisis that threatens to plunge the population even deeper into misery.

According to the International Rescue Committee, large swatches of the country lack clean water and adequate food supplies while suffering from high infant and maternal mortality rates, soaring rates of HIV infection and inadequate health care. Last year, the United Nations ranked the CAR 178th out of 179 countries in “human development”—an indice that measures a country’s ability to guarantee its citizens a long and healthy life, access to education and a decent standard of living.

Moreover, decades of misrule, fighting between the government and rebels, and the ongoing menace of banditry have left people weakened and extremely vulnerable, said Boris Varnitzky, the IRC country director in CAR.

“Mortality among the population is very high,” Varnitzky said. “In rural areas, there are no ambulances or public transport. People who are sick walk long distances to get care because the vast majority of the population lives more than 10 kilometers (6 miles) from a health center. And even if they reach a health center it is unlikely they will see a doctor— there is only one for every 15,000 people.”

The county’s crisis has been made worse by massive displacement. After the civil war started in 2004, tens of thousands of people in the northern Nana-Grébizi region fled into the bush or across the border into Chad. After the 2007 peace deal many of displaced people started moving back to their villages only to find ruined shells where their homes once stood.

Rescue

Wiki Background
More Background 2012- Present

Crisis Spotlight

Always the Kids, the Woman and the Elderly pay the Prize for Greed,
Disgusting!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This kind of blows a hole in the Christians crying we are being persecuted everywhere. Jesus would be so proud of what his followers are doing. As usual the UN wants to run help these people but turn a blind eye where this has been happening for decades.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually the Christians are Catholics and have not much
to do with Jesus and his Ideas!

For the Catholics the so called Holy Trinity is more important
than the Theory of Brotherhood, Mercy and Equality.

But for the Topic:
CAR conflict about power, religion

"Ndele isn't far away" is the wishful name of a small Islamic shop selling prayer beads and copies of the Koran in Miskine, a bustling district in the Central African Republic's capital Bangui. Ndele, in the country's north, some 650 kilometers (400 miles) from Bangui, was the first city captured by the Seleka, an alliance of various Muslim rebel groups. In March, they marched into the capital, overthrowing the government.

Miskine has traditionally been the Muslim district in the predominantly Catholic capital. Before the coup, Muslims used to live in peace alongside Christians, with their giant mosque standing alongside three churches. Today, it is the scene of a civil war, with Christian militias fighting to the death in an attempt to drive out the Muslim rebels.

But Ahmet Adam, brother of a rebel commander and son of the Miskine mosque's imam, denied religion had sparked the war.

Source

The Reason is again Oil, Rare Earths, Minerals and the inability
to share the Benefit with all People, no matter where they are
from and to which God they pray!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And that is what you are meant to take away from that article.Never mind the fact that Africa is a cesspool of violence to get another war to generate some cash.The UN projects another failed tripwire force that needs to be rescued (again) I guess they're using the Korean war for a model on this one.
One great big soul sucking police action to throw our lives away into.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

buster2010
This kind of blows a hole in the Christians crying we are being persecuted everywhere. Jesus would be so proud of what his followers are doing. As usual the UN wants to run help these people but turn a blind eye where this has been happening for decades.

You should give it a rest...

The bottom line is extremism is bad no matter who it is, but where we see the big difference is when shear numbers become the factor in the level of threat. In the case with Muslims, they happen to be the big number, and so the big threat. When it Comes to Africa all bets are off since there are 100s of religious and non-religious factors involved here with most on the non-religious greed/power side of factors.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Mockery IS a form of persecution.

Would you care to guess what your use of the following was?

Jesus would be so proud of what his followers are doing.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 966America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-15T16:12:09-06:00Saturdayu09America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I understand that the Muslims engaged the Christian people first, with violence and atrocities.
The Christian people simply took over the role of aggressor.

In this case, can you really blame them ? ethnic extermination is undesirable, but a logical response, after being the victims of the Muslim aggression.

With the deep roted fear and hate, build up from years of conflict, a civil war is a logical result.

I hope that the people find the courage to lay down their arms, and start communicating again. Only then their issues can be resolved, and they might find peace among all of them.

In the mean time, let every bomb and bullet be deadly. Sometimes problems can't be fixed, and they have to fight their war.
I say let them, until the people are done killing, and become open for a peaceful solution.

My condolences, and the best of luck to all innocent people, trapped between the fighting parties.
Please don't try and start to enjoy war. Stay a little human and find forgiveness for the others.

May the best be victorious !

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

BenReclused

Mockery IS a form of persecution.

Would you care to guess what your use of the following was?

Jesus would be so proud of what his followers are doing.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 966America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-15T16:12:09-06:00Saturdayu09America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

So the little troll never heard that Jesus promoted peace not killing people?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sinter Klaas
I understand that the Muslims engaged the Christian people first, with violence and atrocities.
The Christian people simply took over the role of aggressor.

In this case, can you really blame them ? ethnic extermination is undesirable, but a logical response, after being the victims of the Muslim aggression.

With the deep roted fear and hate, build up from years of conflict, a civil war is a logical result.

I hope that the people find the courage to lay down their arms, and start communicating again. Only then their issues can be resolved, and they might find peace among all of them.

In the mean time, let every bomb and bullet be deadly. Sometimes problems can't be fixed, and they have to fight their war.
I say let them, until the people are done killing, and become open for a peaceful solution.

My condolences, and the best of luck to all innocent people, trapped between the fighting parties.
Please don't try and start to enjoy war. Stay a little human and find forgiveness for the others.

May the best be victorious !

Finally someone with brains...
I love the way many, but not you niga, seem to think Christians just woke up one day and decided to attack Muslims with no provocation.... I ask people to research a little as my man her has done.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

buster2010

Grow up. Christians are being slaughtered by muslisms daily in Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere. Killing people over their religious preferences is wrong, no matter what side of the fence you are on. Unfortunately, Africa has a long history of warlords who claim to be christian and do detestable things to advance their agendas. No different than the animals who slaughter others in the name of Allah. No sensible Christian would condone this sick display of human nature, just as no sensible Muslim would.
edit on 15-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

That's not a question! It's an improper assumption, flavored with a bit of nastiness.

I'm not a Christian, but, from what I understand, he would have also frowned upon your nasty attitude, and your previous mockery of his followers. Am I correct?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 320America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-16T00:41:00-06:00Sunday00000000America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

No sensible Christian would condone this sick display of human nature, just as no sensible Muslim would

My Experience with/ in former Yugoslavia taught me
something different!

Everyone can be a Soldier, a Killer or a Mass-Murderer,
no matter if he is a Buddhist, a Muslim or a Hindu, Christian
or what so ever.

The Thing is: Who deliver all the Weapons, Rockets, Bullets,
the whole Hardware, who is teaching this People to fight?

Who benefit from a Civil War in the Sub Sahara?
edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by DeadSeraph

No sensible Christian would condone this sick display of human nature, just as no sensible Muslim would

My Experience with/ in former Yugoslavia taught me
something different!

Everyone can be a Soldier, a Killer or a Mass-Murderer,
no matter if he is a Buddhist, a Muslim or a Hindu, Christian
or what so ever.

I think we are expressing the same sentiment, just in different ways. That is what I was trying to get at, and you can include atheists/communists in that list as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Everyone can be a Soldier, a Killer or a Mass-Murderer

1) That depends on what one considers to be a "Soldier".

2) Under the "proper" set of circumstances, I might be able to kill someone, but I doubt it... I only hope that I never have to "find out".

3) I could NEVER, EVER, be a "Mass-Murderer". Quite honestly, I'm a bit peeved that you would project such crap onto "Everyone"!

The Thing is: Who deliver all the Weapons, Rockets, Bullets,
the whole Hardware, who is teaching this People to fight?

Nonsense! That's, ONLY, an excuse to ignore the real problems there:
Hatred, and those who encourage that hatred.

Who benefit from a Civil War in the Sub Sahara?

I don't know, but if there are any "good guys" involved, I sincerely hope they win.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 778America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-16T11:41:36-06:00Sunday00000036America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Hmmm, twisting the story a bit, no?

First of all the CAR violence has nothing to do with Oil, but rather is the latest chapter in a rather long story.

Last year, the President was overthrown by Seleka rebels, who themselves accused the President of not adhering to a deal made in 2007 after the Central African "Bush War", which had been going on since 2004 and was the usual story of African rebellions.

The Seleka were predominately Muslim and went on a rampage of violence against the Christian population, who have since fought back. AU and French peace keepers were then sent in to try and stop the violence, with mixed results.

This particular story is not about peacekeepers doing what happened in Srebenica - not that the few dozen Dutch troops there could have done anything about the Serbian forces anyway - but it even says in your own article that they were turned back because they were trying to head through a district of the capital which was mainly Christian and they couldn't guarantee their safety. They were sent back to where they could be protected and not allowed to proceed.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder how it would read if it said that a bunch of human beings were trying to escape?

Actually, it does say that. It's just that it is wrought with a bunch of labels and name calling; trying to make these people seem less than human.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The real Reason for this War lies in the Colonialism of
the so called Western World (France)

It was them who occupied and enslaved this Place
and it was them to create Borders,
this Borders captured the Islamic World of Northern Africa
with the Christian dominated Black Africa!

The Muslims lived and live in the poor Sub-Sahara and the
Christians lived and live in the rich South where a very
powerful and so called Christian Group ruled
who never ever thought about sharing the Benefits of their Country!

The Dutch Troops (United Nations) was running away
and let the Bosnian Muslims alone, unprotected
and free to get slaughtered by the Thousands.

But of course it is a different case!

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

buster2010

Read Revelations 11

The two witness will strike the Earth as they please and burn up their enemies. They are Christians, yet, will even be more hated, than Hitler!

At time for peace and a time of judgement.
edit on 18-2-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join