It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of heights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Check out these bridges. Some friends of mine walked the Montenegro rain forest bridge in Costa Rica a few years back.
One wrong step and you're probably done for. (That bridge is #19 on the list)

This is even scarier:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That guy in the second video on the still at the beginning.

I would love to see a ceo of a bank or a politician try this job and wonder if they can still think they work harder for their dollar earned.

Nope couldn't pay me enough to stop hugging that support beam for dear life hell i would probably starve to death up there clinging to the beam lol

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You can have all of my no's

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm terrified of heights unless I have wings. Odd for a pilot huh? But I am completely fine in the cockpit or hanging out of an open door. Get me on a ladder 50ft up in the air, fugitaboutit.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes I'm afraid of heights , or more of hitting the ground from heights.
This video is the most scary thing I've seen in regard to heights and it makes my feet tingle.

Hows that for scary

edit on 15-2-2014 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Whoa!! That guy has some testicular fortitude!
Wouldn't it be funny if he was terrified of spiders?
As he's hanging 30 stories high, he sees a little spider and starts screaming.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Of heights,Iam definitely terrified. Of bridges over deep water...(curls into fetal position,whimpering). Since childhood my stupid fear has kept me from a lot of adventures...and I grew up in a town with a big bridge,that I never walked across. To my credit though,just a couple of years ago I took the initiative to face my fear,and my husband and I drove across the Confederation Bridge to Prince Edward Island. To some that may seem an ordinary thing,but for me it was a small victory. Now if I can just conquer my fear of deep water and take the ferry. As for the suspension bridges in the video...never,never,never....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Why don't they wear parachutes

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

My feet are not only tingling! My b...s are shrieking too! Can you believe it? Man... I hate heights so much...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That guy must have a death wish!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Wow, that one gives me the chills! I'm not good with heights, though I work in them. I have been on a 440 ft tower crane, at the tip of a 420 bridge pylon, and these days spend most of my time on conveyors 120 feet up.

On the 440 tower, I stuck to the provided cat walks with butt firmly clenched. I really didn't even think of dangling one-handed from the lacing. Guess I'm not adventurous enough for that lol.

Interesting tidbits about tower cranes for anyone who cares:

When you look through the floor, which has glass panels, all you see is tower. You then pick up on a load and the tower which was leaning backwards toward the counter weight before, now flexes and leans forward. All you see then is ground...

When you start to swing the crane, you look down to see the tower twisting, while you remain stationary. Then after you "wind it up" the upper works begin to swing. It's a bit freaky.

They also usually run on electric motors, and it's eerie quiet up there.

For some additional crazyness check out www.mustang-wanted.com... One of these guys walks on the top of the boom of a 600 footer, tight rope style.

new topics

top topics

join