It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World economy, demographics, and the coming bust of some financial sectors: Harry Dent video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Back in the 80s when most were saying Japan was the Asian tiger Harry said it will bust; it did. He predicted the realistate bubble and crash of 2008.. The thing I do find interesting about his theories: He is not just a "government did it" kinda guy but takes the demographics of the world regions/countries for his predictions.. His track record seems to be pretty good (on many/some things) and I find his explanations of why and when to be interesting .. Just another voice which you can add to your pile of voices about what is going on with the world markets/economies.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
52 minutes..... i will link it soon as I crave more views on our immediate & up to 3 year outlooks

[link the youtube instead of the OP video that has a spaz jerky smooth presentation...
i think the fluff is pretty much boring in the first ten minutes,,, i will give it 5 more minutes to see if mr Dent starts talking real economic politic...]

this link: www.europac.net...
uses the current metrics to say it is profoundly likely that this year will see a Major wealth destruction

whats also interesting is that gold is above 1300$ and will likely rebound to my magical value of $144o. oz

Silver has exceeded the $26,50 point which means expect silver to emerge this current uptick in the $30 range
i would guess around May Day

here is a very interesting read...
www.theburningplatform.com...

i quit the video... not that informative ... was like econ 101

...But that’s not what my research indicates. Not even close.

After one final surge up to 16,000, I see the Dow Jones Average winding down, week after week… falling through the 12,000 mark… below 10,000, then 9,000, 8,000… to 6,440

And there’s nothing you or I, or any politician or government, or any team of monetary experts can do to stop the Dow Jones Index from dropping.
from harrydent.com
edit on th28139248295115492014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, the media is full of predictions for the big bust.
I assume the PTB are entrenched already for preserving their hegemony in politics , finance, and wealth creation (for themselves)
The rest of us need to revolt, and overturn the feudal system.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
According to some in my thread here below everything is just as fine and well!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I just finished watching and he made some good points. the baby boomers are now retiring and therefore are cashing in and living on less.

I was interested when he said Australia is now in the top 3 for housing bubbles. maybe that's why tptb are allowing so much foreign investment. lets just keep blowing up that balloon till it pops. I cant believe the growth in the last 6 months. over $500k for a 3 bedroom house that's 21 years old about 1 hours drive from Sydney....its just plain crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i finally did finish the Harry Dent book promo video...
in comparison i would ask yo to look over this prognosticator.... it is just a freebee gloss over piece but it gives you a good idea of what he is charging $10 for

...Over the next couple of months everything should generally rise together. But once the dollar puts in an intermediate bottom sometime in March or April, commodities and gold will move down into an intermediate correction as the stock market completes its final blow off top. After the stock market parabola collapses later this summer it will be time to put the pedal to the metal in the commodity markets, and especially the precious metal markets as the Great Inflation begins in earnest.

goldscents.blogspot.com...

Friday, February 14, 2014

ANOTHER PIECE OF THE PUZZLE FALLS INTO PLACE

Today another piece fell into place in my Great Inflation scenario that I'm expecting for 2014.

Before I begin let me recap. My overarching driver for the Great Inflation scenario is that the dollar would have some kind of crisis, or semi-crisis late this year as it drops down into its major three year cycle low. All other stock and commodity movements will be driven by this impending currency crisis.

For stocks, I'm expecting a final bubble phase parabolic spike over the next 4-5 months, followed by a devastating crash as the parabola collapses in June or July....

For commodities, I'm expecting a stealth rally for another month to a month and a half, followed by a super spike inflationary phase in the latter half of the year as the dollar collapse reaches maximum intensity....

QE 5 & 6 will be the final nail in the coffin for the dollar, and will trigger a full break of the megaphone top. I expect a move below the 2011 and 2008 bottoms before the dollar completes its final three year cycle low.

Commodity markets have already begun the stealth rally that I was looking for during the first half of this year. They successfully tested the 2012 three year cycle low and have now broken through the multiyear downtrend line. The Great Inflation has begun.

During this stealth rally I'm expecting gold to test the initial April breakdown at 1520 over the next 1-2 months.

That should push sentiment levels to bullish extremes from their current depressed levels, triggering an intermediate degree profit taking event into May or June as the stock market finishes its final parabolic blow off top.

Source: sentimenTrader.com

Now, to my sensibilities the linked article is a chain of events which has context, the way the author tell us of what to expect.. there are charts with projections that accompanies the text
and that combination gives the reader a better depth of knowledge about what the author intends to explain

keep in mind that this article is a 2 year window of the likely future

Reminder
(Windows XP is going sans 'support' on 8 April 2014)

new topics

top topics

join