It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Map of States,Individually compared to international GDP. Shocking !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I came across this map on the Business Insider, I think it is a brilliant demographic tool. It is a map redrawn to show comparision GDP performance of the individual US States , compared to other Nations. Boy! does it put the State of the US in perspective. If someone could make a sticky of the illustration, that would be great.

www.businessinsider.com.au...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Here ya go.
Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think that often people outside the US underestimate it, the shear size and scope of its infrastructure and industry is really something you have to see first hand to even begin to grasp.

Even compared to Modern manufacturing bases like India and China the size and scope of US resources (that it has built out and has access to) dwarfs them in-terms of scale.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Cool, I live is Switzerland, the home of banking and where every citizen has to keep an assault rifle in their closet.

Does this mean I need to learn to ski?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Thanks for that. Apprieciate it. Yes it certainly is a different perspective.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're very welcome. I found the map very interesting. Great find S&F.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If only the GDP alone had any relevance... the more important factors is quality/cost of life, wealth distribution and how the state spends the taxes it collects on it all.

PS: It would be interesting to put side by side the debt (public and private) of each of the states also/in relation to the nations...
edit on 14-2-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

FortAnthem

Cool, I live is Switzerland, the home of banking and where every citizen has to keep an assault rifle in their closet.

Does this mean I need to learn to ski?

Just a heads-up from a Saudi wierdo-- if you go outside for a long time with anything from the closet be sure to wear your earmuffs... or learn to lip read.
Insert Pete Townshend here LOL.

Man back to the thread, I wish there was a rig within driving distance of my tent.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thank you OP.That map was very informative and pretty much proves the administration is full of crap.Yet did you notice that Texas has a GDP equivalent to the continent of Australia?My state equates to South Africa.SA must be in some hard times then.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
boom!

Yes, we have a very large and diverse economy. Our energy production alone would dwarf the output of most nations. And that is what we do with the least populous part of the state (west of I35). In the east, it is a hotbed of commerce spread solid from Dallas to Houston down the I35 corridor.

Soon it will increase considerably as the Ports to Plains project connects I10 up to I25 from Junction to Amarillo. That will give access from Houston ports into the refining capacity of West Texas and Oklahoma, and sell the petro assets all the way into Canada. Combine that with the huge Cline shale play providing massive amounts of natural gas and oil, along with the advent of Gas to Liquid diesel....the future economically is looking bright for us in the Lone Star State.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

reppin that 973

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

And that's with the feds doing everything they can to undermine Texas at every turn.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Now imagine how much better we could do if we weren't so "fat, lazy and stupid"
Furthermore, in the words of my generation
25.media.tumblr.com...
edit on 14-2-2014 by VaultBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So... according to birthers reading this map, Obama was born in Montana. Debate over.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

lonegurkha

Arizona (AKA Hong Kong)

Hong Kong
www.heritage.org...

Hong Kong’s economic freedom score is 90.1, making it the top-rated economy in the Index for the 20th consecutive year. Its overall score is slightly better than last year due to improvements in government size and regulatory efficiency that offset a decline in freedom from corruption. Hong Kong is ranked 1st out of 42 countries in the Asia–Pacific region and 1st in the world.

Economy of Hong Kong
en.wikipedia.org...

Debt of other countries as GDP is on a chart;
The Debt Of Nations - www.zerohedge.com...

Based on average USD exchange rates since 2000, Denmark, Norway and Switzerland top the league table for household debt per adult in 2012, with values above USD 100,000 (see Figure 4 above). This is roughly twice the level seen in Canada, Sweden, the USA, the UK and Singapore, with Ireland and the Netherlands sitting between the two groups. By these standards, the average debt per adult in Spain (USD 31,200), Portugal (USD 25,800), Italy (USD 23,900) and Greece (USD 19,000) looks quite modest.

Figure 4 also shows that average debt per adult increased during 2000–07 in all the high debt countries apart from Germany, where average debt has been flat, and Japan, where household debt has declined – possibly due in part to the ageing population, given the negative relationship between debt and age. Countries with the highest debt per adult showed little tendency towards debt reduction in the aftermath of the financial crisis: Ireland, the USA and Hong Kong are the main exceptions. Apart from Germany and Japan, only Hong Kong and Singapore have debt levels in 2012 which are close to the levels recorded at the start of the millennium.

Expressed as a fraction of net worth, household debt is typically 20%-30% of wealth in advanced economies, but much higher levels are sometimes recorded, for example in Ireland (44%), the Netherlands (45%) and Denmark (51%).

-FBB

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm Denmark! Yay! I guess...
I googled Denmark and found out they spend 9.8% GDP on universal healthcare..
The US has 15 trillion GDP. Ten percent of witch is...
1.5 trillion... Thats a bunch of money..
Wonder if that means anything?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I guess that I must be all screwed up in the head. By that map. I want to move from Sweden to Nigeria. WHA?!

Still going to do it though as it is the United States. And that is where my family needs me.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
aww Canada didn't get it's own state

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I'm Denmark! Yay! I guess...
I googled Denmark and found out they spend 9.8% GDP on universal healthcare..
The US has 15 trillion GDP. Ten percent of witch is...
1.5 trillion... Thats a bunch of money..
Wonder if that means anything?

Ummm, that they are so broke, the zoo feeds giraffes to lions instead of buying a domestic goat?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

freedomSlave
aww Canada didn't get it's own state

Ahh, sorry things are so bad there, that Canada, got Canada. Wink

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join