It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Thieves Who Robbed Me Yesterday...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey ATS...

I'm really bummed out today. It started last night, when I went outside to carry in a bunch of parcels that had been delivered. I'm disabled, so anything I can have delivered to my doorstep is a huge help to me. Well, yesterday there were quite a few boxes that had been delivered, and I admit I probably should have dragged them inside when I got home yesterday afternoon, but I was hurting badly and just wanted to rest a bit first.

Now I live in a rural area but on a fairly busy street. My house sits back from the road. I've never had anything touched on my property in the 6 years I've lived here, and my grandparents never had any problems in the 50 years they lived here.

So anyway, I thought nothing of it when I decided to rest a bit before bringing in the boxes. Apparently, that was a big mistake.

When I went out to get them, everything was gone. Everything. I looked around bewildered... But as reality set in I felt violated and scared. Scared was probably irrational, but I do live alone.

Stealing is something that I simply refuse to tolerate. I've never understood the mentality of people who think it's ok to go onto someone else's property and just carry off whatever they want. Never mind that I'm on a fixed income and that they stole supplies that were supposed to last me this whole next month. They stole all my cats supplies for the next month. They stole a bunch of food that was for my long term food storage. They stole 3 birthday gifts that were sent to me from family....

I will make do with what I have and should be able to get through the next month if I really ration stuff but it really makes me sad. The major problem I have is not feeling safe now. What if they come back? What if they decide they want to break into my house next?

Maybe I'm being irrational... I'm just really upset.

This wasn't much of a rant... I try to be angry but it quickly melts into sadness. Thanks ATS for giving me an avenue in which to vent.

Take care

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Damn that is terrible news. Unfortunately you should have brought them inside. But that doesnt excuse the theiving bastards. Chin up we live and learn.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
While violent crime has been on the decrease Petty crime is up. Lots of people are broke and an unopened package these days can hold anything from a few bucks to thousands.

Recently I had to ship off a 2k flight instrument for repair. It was delivered to the wrong address and the person who took delivery tried to say they did not get it. These instruments are matched to the aircraft and useless on the resale market. Good thing I spotted the box behind the scumbag. Luckily when I spotted it he said he "thought it was his" and gave it back without a fight.

Stuff ain't safe outside any more. Sorry you got hit.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mentality of the thief.. simple, I dont have and you do.

what if their grandparents didnt have a house to give them? should they allow you to have more than them?

and, during the 30's, noone left milk on the porch, else it would of been gone.

we are in a GREATER Depression..

luckily, they didn't break in, but now you are a target.. be very careful

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

If it helps

You are being irrational, though it's perfectly natural to be afraid after feeling someone violated your privacy, the natural assumption is. They violated my stuff, I must be on the list as well.

Not going to happen, some opportunistic (maybe from out of town) thief thought they were onto a good thing,and just took the opportunity.

Or maybe a neighbour took them in for you ?

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to feel threatened, report it to the police, tell them you feel threatened and request a patrol past your house through the day/night.

Cody

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow, that's horrible! It happened to me a couple of times about 6 months ago. One of the times I had ordered some sportswear from Lands End and on a Saturday after the delivery (that had gone missing) I was driving through a run down neighborhood close by and I noticed a wash line with some really nice sportswear hanging from it with a Garage Sale sign stuck in the front yard. Yep, you guessed it, it was my Lands End order….

I didn't confront them, I just went home and called UPS and told them about it. They said they don't really go after these people, that I should just call Lands End and tell them that I had not received the order and Lands End would resend it, which they did. My other order that went missing was Calvin Klein which really ticked me off and which Calvin Klein replaced. Now I have a video camera installed so if it happens again I'll call the police.

Soooo, I would recommend to the OP to contact the vendors and let them know that you did not receive the items. They will file with UPS and be reimbursed through UPS's insurance. They will replace it for you. Do not tell them you left it on the porch for awhile, just that you did not receive it.

edit on 2/14/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you, SilverStarGazer. Feeling violated like that is not a way to live. I suggest, for your own feeling of taking back some control in your life, this experience has taken from you, to file a police report today. There may be other reports filed by people in your area, that may lead to catching the culprit.

Also, for future deliveries, you can buy online, fake security cameras that look like the real thing. Have someone help you mount it where it shows to be pointed at your front porch area, where packages are delivered. Also mount on an inside window facing out, a security system notice to would be pond scum thiefs.

Don't let this bad experience set the tone for how you live your life. BTW, fake security cameras are on ebay and all over the internet in places such as Amazon, and Radio Shack too.

Good Luck Sweetie....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

HanzHenry

what if their grandparents didnt have a house to give them? should they allow you to have more than them?

Rubbish complete and utter rubbish

There was NO attempt at a break in. And the goods weren't exactly Openheimer's safe contents

Whilst I agree caution is to be advised, scaremongering is just pointless here.

The OP is is no more danger now than they were yesterday.

Cody

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

cody599

HanzHenry

Rubbish complete and utter rubbish

There was NO attempt at a break in. And the goods weren't exactly Openheimer's safe contents

Whilst I agree caution is to be advised, scaremongering is just pointless here.

The OP is is no more danger now than they were yesterday.

Cody

rubbish? the part where is stated that LUCKILY they didn't break in? luckily meaning they did NOT.. problem with reading comprehension?

And once a thief finds an EASY SCORE, they DO come back looking for more.. only a fool would think otherwise

rubbish that we are in a Depression?
rubbish that during the last Depression (30's), that thievery wasn't prevalent. primarily the milk deliveries to the front porch.. if you argue with that, go read up and gain a little knowledge

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Be sure to file a police report. They probably won't catch the thieves, but if you had medical supplies or anything you may be able to get those replaced.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OP..

we are living in VERY desperate times. Please heed this advice..

I really hope this was a fluke..

When thieves steal, they get happy.. and they remember the score..

When you have a delivery, insist on it being certified by signature.. that way unless you sign for it, the carrier won't leave it.

I had this happen with a pair of boots i ordered. $240 boots someone else is wearing.

The first time you claim undelivered goods, the company will resend, But many know this and scam stuff. Therefore, the next time you complain. the company may not so easily resend due to suspicion.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Welcome to the real world and reality. Sorry it happened to you. You did say you wouldnt tolerate stealing...you see? You have to now. There is nothing you can do after the fact.
Jsut try and make your personal and home enviroment as safe as you can for you and yours. Do what you can to prepare for unforseen events. Learn to protect yourself as well.

Yes, its a shame you have to start now...but its not you or me...its this world we live in today...but we still have to live in it each day. Be safe. Or, safe-er.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I do not tolerate stealing well. And I hope that there is a special place in hell for those who steal from the handicap. You are worried about being irrational? I think you are handling this amazingly well.

I would of been running down the street screaming.

I have had my car broken into 3 times this year to steal my handicap placard, so I know the anger and injustice you feel.

Did you file a police report? Did you notify the companies that you never received your things? They may replace it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

HanzHenry

No, we are not. It is offensive to those who actually went through the great depression. None of us have waited in bread lines. I have a depression era cookbook and everything was made of lentils because they couldn't get a hold of meat. I am desperately poor but still had a steak last night.

Great recesssion? yes. but to say that it is worse than the great depression is not only melodramatic, but not accurate.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Poster,

Has anything changed in yoru neighborhood?
I will tell you why I ask.

I too live in a neighborhood, where NOTHING ever happens. We leave the doors unlocked.

But BGE (gas and electric) have come in on a 2 year long project of replacing all the gas lines in the streets and the meters in the houses and moving them outside and updating them. (houses were built during WWII)

Since then, I have had all sorts of things stolen. Why? Well along wiht BGE comes contractors. Many of these contractors are downright questionable. I have had 3 different theft situations since they have shown up, in a place where I could previously leave something in the front yard and it never would be touched.
That doesn't include the different articles of mine that the workers broke in my house while trying to get the old meter out.

I cannot wait till they are done doing work. It has ruined our quality of life as far as I am concerned.

Is anyone having an addition put on or rebuilding a house? Anything that woudl bring outsiders in?

That is where I would begin to look.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

SilverStarGazer

I'm really bummed out today.
Everything was gone. . I looked around bewildered... But as reality set in I felt violated and scared. Stealing is something that I simply refuse to tolerate.

Maybe I'm being irrational... I'm just really upset.

I try to be angry but it quickly melts into sadness.

atleast the those kids that took your stuff risked going to jail,,, nobody seems to go too jail when you get +20% your savings ripped off in inflation & devaluation, price fixing & thats after taxes....maybe if that corruption(motivated by greed) wasn't tolerated in the first place, those kids would have better opportunities in life & not have too resort stealing your stuff(motivated by daily needs),,,both are wrong, but the former is contributing to the latter,,, & has a potential/is doing more damage to society ,too the point that when someone steals your groceries it leads to major hardship...

Or it could be that your kid didn't upgrade too Direct TV...

edit on 14-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is easy to steal that is why the government does it so well.

It is harder to work and that is why government workers dont work. they just steal time.

It has come to the point our community is not a community but just a place where masses of people live. A true community would not put up with this.

If they find the culprits they should put him a public stocks and shame them. Let people pass by and spit on them throw things at them. the thief would not do it again. If you just put them in jail where they get free taxpayer food, free taxpayer gym, free taxpayer bed, and free taxpayer Internet they wont learn the lesson not to steal.

sorry for your loss. I hope they really needed.

edit on 14-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You're not a target, they wont come back.
It was just opportunistic thievery.
They probably saw it and thought "if that's there in an hour when we walk back, let's take it" and they did.

I'm not blaming you or saying it's your fault at all, but we live in a different world.
If you had just brought the stuff in, you'd still have that stuff.
It sucks and it shouldn't be like this, but this is the way of the world.

You've learned a lesson and you won't do it again.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

yeah just the world, right.

last week a gas stations pumps went on a blink either a hacker or some other system problem that marked the gas at the pump at 1cent per gallon. One person got some knew there was a problem but instead text their friends who then came and filled up their tanks for $0.60 this went on for an hour before the worker in the store figured something wasn't right and discovered the problem.

a responsible HONEST person would have reported it right away.

No one is honest any more. to find an honest person is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.

And I discovered while watching one of my kids cartoons. In the toon a couple of the characters made a mess of someones sheets that had been hanging out to dry. and instead of taking responsibility and cleaning them they got another character to come and paint pretty flowers on the sheets where the soiled spots were. When the owner returned they made it seem like it was planned all along.

lesson learned 1) don't own up to your mistakes. 2) don't take responsibility for your mistakes. 3) cover-up your mistakes. 4) LIE LIE LIE don't even tell the truth.

You see the TV programs teaching our kids to lie and not to be responsible for their own actions.

edit on 15-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join