It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Columns of Seth and their possible existence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Seth, it is said, engraved the knowledge of his father on two columns, one of brick, and the other of stone, Josephus says, was still to be seen, in his day, in the Siridiac land. In the works of Manetho, who lived three hundred years before him, the same column is spoken of, as existing in the same land: and Manetho declares that he had seen it; but he says that it was engraved by the first Thoth (Hermes), in the sacred language and in hieroglyphs; and that after the deluge, the Son of the Second Thoth translated the inscription into the language of the Priests and wrote it in sacerdotal characters. This second Thoth deciphered all that was written in the sacred language, upon the obelisks in Terra Seriadica, and instructed the Egyptians in many useful arts. To him they ascribed the reformation of the Egyptian year; and there were many books either written by him or concerning him, which were preserved by the Egyptians in the most sacred recesses of their Temples.

The name Thoth can signify the word, "pillar" with which the sacred knowledge of the sciences were engraved upon.

Where is Terra Seriadica or The Siridiac Land?
Could it be near Giza, Egypt and be related the star Sirius (Alpha Canis Major in the Constellation of the Great Dog)?
The ancients associated the star Sirius with the goddess Isis, cosmic mother of the Kings of Egypt.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Do you mean Seth as in the 3rd son of Adam and Eve?
ANd what is the "knowledge Of the father"?
please explain what you mean.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Legend has it, that Seth, third son of Adam made these two pillars and engraved some sort of history of the world of that era.

One interesting work has this to say about the pillars of Seth:

"We went ashore to view the ruins of an ancient city, once famous for its magnificence and learning, now only a mound of ashes overgrown with a straggling forest. Seth, the founder of this city, was a great sage, the inventor of the characters used in writing. He caused two wonderful pilliars to be erected, upon which was inscribed the history of the world. (sadly though it continues) These precious memorials of betters days were destroyed by order of the Devas (sons of God), but not until scribes of our family (connection to Japheth) had copied some portions of the writing."

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
According to Josephus in his book Jewish antiquities (loeb classical library pg. 33) Adam, the first man, having predicted a destruction of the universe,(world) at one time by a violent fire and at another by a mighty deluge of water, prompted Seth and his descendents to erect two pillars, one of brick and one of stone so that if the pillar of brick disappeared in the deluge, that of stone would remain to teach men what was graven thereon and to inform them that they also erected one of brick. According to Josephus the information recorded on the pillars was the science of the heavenly bodies and their orderly array that they had discovered. Which sounds to me like astrology. In an interesting side note, there was a discovery of ancient Akkadian texts in Nineveh, in a library assembled by Ashurbanipal. In one of the tablets Ashurbanipal claims " ...I can even read the intricate tablets in Shumerian; I understand the enigmatic words in the stone carvings from the days before the flood." Could this be the same stone pillar? Ashurbanipal died roughly 633 B.C

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I find this very interesting. I googled it and didn't come up with much. do you have any links? I don't remember this in the Bible but I'll have to review Genesis.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Actually the most commonly accepted version of this story does not involve either adam or seth but Lamech and his four sons, commonly known as the Bretheran; Jabal, Jubal, Tubelcain, Naameh, as they were the ones that constructed and inscribed the pillars. For further reading on this look at the Cooke Manuscripts and the Polychronicon, these will further your research.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Where are the linguists? I need help because I have an idea.

According to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, an alternate form of Seth was Sheth. My question is this- when you take a Hebrew word and take it to Egyptian, or vice versa, is there any chance that S might become T and E might become O? That would make Sheth become THOTH in spelling. (I realize pronunciation can be kinda freaky).

Seth is mentioned late in Genesis 4 and in Genesis 5, as well as once in Luke 3:38. I will be reading these right now...

OK, I just finished reading the relevant verses and very little is said, only some geneology. If I had to guess, I would say that what you are talking about may come from the Book of Enoch.

The Book of Enoch was a highly regarded in the 200 years before Jesus. The concept of a Messiah, called the Son of Man, and many other Christian concepts originate in that book, and although there are minor questions of integrity it was largely preserved by Ethiopian Churches after 200 BC, and its dating is partially verified by the discovery of excerpts in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

That being said, the Book of Enoch is not cannonical in Judaism and therefore can not be ascribed the same integrity as other Jewish writings relating to the antedeluvian world. Considering that even the more reliable cannonized Jewish works do not speak extensively about the world before the flood, and are not entirely reliable as histories themselves (owing to cultural bias and the repeated conquest and scattering of the Hebrew people) we really can't say with any certainty that the Book of Enoch (if it were the source of this story as I suspect) is reliable.

Back to the pillars. I have read before that these pillars may have survived and been cast into the columns of Solomon's Temple. I don't entirely believe it, but I suppose if we're going to chase after an artifact that may or may not exist, we should look in really interesting places.
Also, I am thinking about opening a thread in the Secret Societies Forum to see if the Masons have any lore of their own on the subject.

MasonicLight has hinted before that he believes the Free Masons were once intended to preserve some outlawed doctrine that the Church would have allowed to disappear. Might make for an interesting story.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Many have thought that Moses originally wrote the the creation account and the history of the pre-Flood world but it these two portions in the early chapters of Genesis prove otherwise.

Genesis 5:1

"This is the book of the generations of Adam."

The use of the word "book" implies writing and therefore someone was responsible to take down the history of the familes of Adam and Eve. Considering it was 1600 years from Adam to the great deluge, there would be a great deal of detail to be recorded, just look at our time. A few significant discoveries were mentioned in the account of the generations of Adam: farming livestock, musical arts, forging of metal tools, and poetry. Could it have been Seth who originally wrote this work which could have been considerably larger?

This is the second scripture of interest.

Genesis 2:4

"This is the book of the generations of heaven and earth." (Bagster's Septuagint)

While this book of the "story of the heavens and earth" (Confraternity) was not necessarily written in Eden, it is probably older than 'Adam's history book'.

If Adam did not write the creation account then who did? Was Seth given the responcibility as well with this book? Once again this creation book would have had greater detail than the first few chapters of Genesis.
It would seem as though only a few snap shots of these first works were recorded and placed in the scripures we see today. Maybe that is why some of the writers of the New Testament refer to details not mentioned in the Genesis account. Could it be that fragments of these other details were passed down through the ages by the early ancestors and then the Book of Enoch was born?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Many have thought that Moses originally wrote the the creation account and the history of the pre-Flood world but it these two portions in the early chapters of Genesis prove otherwise.

I hate to hold you to the fire on this, but you really need to present better evidence than you have so far. I'm not prepared to say I don't believe you, I'm just saying that I was a Baptist for too many years to let you slide on some of the things you have said, especially for those facts which were not quoted from chapter and verse.
By the way, when I get back home (I'm with family for the holiday) I'll break out the concordance and search out all references to every imaginable art or science to see if I can find verses for you claims.

Genesis 5:1

"This is the book of the generations of Adam."

The use of the word "book" implies writing and therefore someone was responsible to take down the history of the familes of Adam and Eve. Considering it was 1600 years from Adam to the great deluge, there would be a great deal of detail to be recorded, just look at our time. A few significant discoveries were mentioned in the account of the generations of Adam: farming livestock, musical arts, forging of metal tools, and poetry. Could it have been Seth who originally wrote this work which could have been considerably larger?

The first and most obvious rebuttal is that the word "book" only implies that it is written. It does not imply when it was written. If you believe the old testament, those 1600 years only encompassed 10 generations. the memory of the names of 10 patriarchs does not require a book. Furthermore if "this is the book of..." implied that the following was an antedeluvian writing, why doesn't Genesis contain a full account of that world, instead of a mere 6 mini-chapters (as little as 20 pages of obtuse and mostly uninformative text).

As for the advances you named- off the top of my head I can tell you that one of Cains descendents was the father of "all those who play the harp... (and i forget what other instrument". That person was closely related to another descendent of Cain who was the father of those who keep livestock and live in tents. To be fair however, I will point out that these statements are obvious contradictions unless that particular statement was written before the flood destroyed Cain's family and left only Noah and his family, who all descended from Seth.

This is the second scripture of interest.
Genesis 2:4

"This is the book of the generations of heaven and earth." (Bagster's Septuagint)

While this book of the "story of the heavens and earth" (Confraternity) was not necessarily written in Eden, it is probably older than 'Adam's history book'.

That is a faulty assumption. Just because it a story about Heaven and Earth when they were still "in contact" so to speak does not mean it dates to that time. If I wrote "the book of the generations of the civil war" it would be about the generations surrounding that time period but it would not be FROM that time period.

If Adam did not write the creation account then who did? Was Seth given the responcibility as well with this book? Once again this creation book would have had greater detail than the first few chapters of Genesis.
It would seem as though only a few snap shots of these first works were recorded and placed in the scripures we see today.

Before you can ask questions like these you have to provide a firm reason for believing that anything more detailed exists.

Maybe that is why some of the writers of the New Testament refer to details not mentioned in the Genesis account.

Please quote chapter and verse. If there were interesting quotes not found in the bible which were of relevance to the subject it would be a good start on the last question I asked.

Could it be that fragments of these other details were passed down through the ages by the early ancestors and then the Book of Enoch was born?

To date a manuscript to a time far predating any known copy based on such an assumption simply isn't sound. The practice of ascribing a well known name to a book is definately not unheard of, especially in non-cannonical Jewish works in the generations preceding the Jewish rebellion against Rome. There was a great deal of religious writing going on that challenged both Roman authorities and Jewish authorities who were subject to the Romans. Off the top of my head, I know there were proverb-like books of the apocrypha ascribed to Solomon which we know are not nearly that old.

It does bear mentioning that The Book of Enoch has parallels to Daniel which no other book of the OT shares. I will be checking out that angle later to see if it is significant. Only Daniel and Enoch refer to the Messiah as the Son of Man. Almost every other occurance of that phrase in the OT refers to Ezekiel. There were other connections which I have forgotten.

Unfortunately, we have no complete Hebrew copies of The Book of Enoch (for that matter we can't be totally certain that it was originally penned in Hebrew) so we can't look for traces of outdated language which might clue us in to its vintage.
What we can do is compare the theology of Enoch to other books of the OT to ascertain its date, presuming that we do not interpret the bible as literally channeled from the hand of God (in which case the zietgiest really wouldn't be a controlling factor obviously). I can warn you a head of time that Enoch reads more like a New Testament book than an OT book and 200 BC- probably just a tad older- is a decent guess.

Let's keep discussing this, but let's sort out our sources and know for sure what came from where. We are dealing with questionable sources as it is. These are OLD books with cultural biases. We need to be conscious of this and adjust our estimates accordingly.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I agree that the Book of Enoch is definitely a work written sometime in the first or second century B.C. and contains a collection of extravagant and unhistorical Jewish myths. But you'll have to admit it seems that St. Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch with this scripture:

Jude 14,15

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

Enoch 2

"Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him."

Did Jude receive this information by direct revelation or by a reliable transmission either oral or written? Could there have been a reliable work of antiquity that both Jude and the author of the Book of Enoch had access to?

Even Paul and Stephen provided added details on other quoted OT scriptures. Exodus 7:11, 22; 2 Timothy 3:8/Acts 7:22, 23, 30, 38

Hebrews 11:5

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

All that Genesis speaks of Enoch is this:

Genesis 5:18-24

"And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch: And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died. And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: and Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."

What was the testimony or detailed events that proved that Enoch pleased God and was so dramatic that God had to remove him from the world scene? Something eventful happend with Enoch in the pre-flood world but the story remains a mystery for a reason.

2 Peter 2:5

"And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly"

Genesis 6:9

"These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

Peter speaks of Noah preaching to those in the pre-flood world but the Genesis account is silent with the details. Could there have been more records of the antediluvial world that were omitted later? Possibly cut out for a reason.

This scripture is possibly a reason of why all those records were cut out, but for good reason.

Genesis 6:4

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
I agree that the Book of Enoch is definitely a work written sometime in the first or second century B.C. and contains a collection of extravagant and unhistorical Jewish myths. But you'll have to admit it seems that St. Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch with this scripture:
(Scripture removed to save space)

Did Jude receive this information by direct revelation or by a reliable transmission either oral or written? Could there have been a reliable work of antiquity that both Jude and the author of the Book of Enoch had access to?

What you say is accurate, but proves only that the Book of Enoch was held in that regard by St. Jude. The book of Enoch was popular among common Jews and was seized upon by the revolutionary sects which embraced "messiah" figures such as Christ (there were others).
We have a fairly good idea that

Even Paul and Stephen provided added details on other quoted OT scriptures. Exodus 7:11, 22; 2 Timothy 3:8/Acts 7:22, 23, 30, 38

Hebrews 11:5

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

The new testament goes out of its way to explain all OT instances of salvation by works. It was vital to Christian doctrine to go back and say that everyone God had accepted before Christ was saved by their faith rather than their works. Hebrews does not mention Enoch because there is more information. It mentions him because Genesis says he "walked with God" and was taken to Heaven. This seemed to contradict the need for Christ's salvation, so they expanded on that thin verse in Genesis.

What was the testimony or detailed events that proved that Enoch pleased God and was so dramatic that God had to remove him from the world scene? Something eventful happend with Enoch in the pre-flood world but the story remains a mystery for a reason.

Despite my arguements against certain points you have made, I remain open to the idea that some extra-cannonical knowledge of some antiquity was preserved in the form of Kabbalah. That being said, a commonly available antedeluvian book is pretty much ruled out by the fact that Enoch's "testimony" remains a mystery. (I am talking about a different Kabbalah than the stupid crap that many celebrities now study.

"And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly"

I find this incredibly interesting, because Noah was the 10th patriarch. It goes Enoch 7, Methuselah 8, Lamech 9, Noah 10.

Genesis 6:9
"These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Peter speaks of Noah preaching to those in the pre-flood world but the Genesis account is silent with the details. Could there have been more records of the antediluvial world that were omitted later? Possibly cut out for a reason.

Well, Peter REALLY dicked up the story of Noah to be honest, so I dont know what to think. To be honest I wonder if he may have heard a different version of the story than is told in Genesis, so I am interested now and I will be checking out who he was and what sort of education he had.
He probably extrapolated the idea that Noah preached righteousness from the fact that "Noah walked with God", however his confusion of Noah's order in the geneology is interesting.

This scripture is possibly a reason of why all those records were cut out, but for good reason.
Genesis 6:4

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

I think I have a feel for where you are going but it would help me if you'd expand a bit on what you think the Nephalim (offspring of angel and man) had to do with the omission of facts.

Something interesting comes to mind- if Nephalim existed after the flood there are only two possibilities. 1. The Nephalim and other people survived the flood apart from Noah. 2. Although "Noah was perfect in his generations" (had a completely Human lineage) perhaps his wife or the daughters of his sons did not.

I'll do some more reading and post more later, including a response to the scriptures you cited which point out expasions on OT scripture.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry to but in here but can you tell me is there a commonality in the Seth of the Bible and the Egyptian God Seth. I was thinking that as one of the first generations of people wouldn't later Generations look on them as the original people even to the point of giving them deitified status.
Wouldn't their knowledge be more revered to later generations.

Maybe these pillars are a sort of history lesson kind of like what was mentioned above in regards to the first musical instruments and so forth. This is where language came from, this is where writing came from etc.

More thoughts come to mind: Isn't Sumerian Cuneiform the earliest known writing? And I believe it was discovered in Uruk (sp?) I believe in Iraq.

Instead of hiroglyphs, couldn't we expect to see a form of cuniform on any relics that are predeluvian?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I understand this scripture to imply that Noah is the eighth person that was saved on the Ark. Memebers being Noah and his wife, Shem and his wife, Ham and his wife, Japheth and his wife.
Other traslations read it as 'Noah was kept safe with seven others'.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkulA
Maybe these pillars are a sort of history lesson kind of like what was mentioned above in regards to the first musical instruments and so forth. This is where language came from, this is where writing came from etc.

If I remember correctly, the pillars are generally said to contain the secrets of various arts and sciences- depending on who you listen to they were either learned from fallen angels or from God. Another common tale is that part of what was inscribed is the "secret" name of God. This would be important because in certain religions, the knowledge of a God or spirit's name gives you control over that God or spirit. This is actually reflected quite a bit in the new testament, and the Jewish taboo against speaking even the impersonal names of God show that they may have held that belief.

More thoughts come to mind: Isn't Sumerian Cuneiform the earliest known writing? And I believe it was discovered in Uruk (sp?) I believe in Iraq.

Instead of hiroglyphs, couldn't we expect to see a form of cuniform on any relics that are predeluvian?

Well, there is a bit of a problem with trying to answer this question. In fact this whole topic is problematic to a certain degree. The problem with it is that you have to decide whether or not you believe in the historical accounts provided by in religious books, and if so, to what degree.

If we assume that Genesis were entirely accurate, then there is no way to tell, because Genesis says that all languages but one were arbitrarily created by the curse God placed on humanity at the Tower of Babel.

If you want to keep things more secular than that, we need to ask a linguist what characteristics we would expect to see in the first language from which all other languages of the day evolved.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
One has to look at the Egyptian mythology of Seth in which one record says it this way:

Nut the, sky goddess, and Geb the, earth god join in sexual union and then they were rudely interupted by Shu the god of air, atmosphere and dryness. Offspring came anyway and they were Isis and Osiris, Nepthys and Seth. Osiris became the King of the this first egyptian kingdom, but later Seth killed him. Osiris experienced a resurrection and asended to the Duat (Orion). Horus helped his father's rebirth to the Duat, which his mother was Isis. Horus avenged Seth and then reunified the kingdom.

Then the Shabaka Texts of Memphite Theology read:

After the defeat of Seth by Horus there followed a convocation of the gods, under the leadership of Geb. Geb sat in judgement over the two contenders. Geb gave the upper kingdom to Horus and he gave the southern kingdom to Seth. Later Geb gave Horus, Seth's inheritance and then the kingdom became unified.

Now its possible that the first king of the egyptian record was Menes-Narmer who could have been Adam. What if these Egyptian stories are some sort of occurance that took place before the flood. If this is the case I can't see the third son of Adam depicting this Seth of the egyptian story. As noted in the first post that Thoth was the creator of writing and the Seth of the bible was to be of the sacred line to Abraham. In this case it seems that Seth would be empowered to develop writing so the parts of the pre-flood world could be documented.

The case with the battle between Osiris and Seth sounds like a conflict between the families of Cain and some intervention.

(Now this is all a stab in the dark and highly speculation to try to make something fit.- don't hold me to it.)

The Abydos King List in the Hall of Ancestors of the Temple of Seti I (Men-maat-re) read this, with a biblical crossing:

1. Meni (established one); Adam
2. Teti (Teta-Khent, guilty one); Cain
3. Ita (the sovereign); Enoch or possibly Osiris
4. Iti (the sovereign vulture); Irad or possibly Seth
5. Djaty (two estates); Mehujael
6. Mer-ba-pen; Methushael
7. Semsem (priest of priests of Ptah priest); Lamech
8. Qebh (hawk headed god of the south); Jubal
9. Mdw-ti-umer (staff, pestle and chisel); Tubal-Cain
10.Ka-Kau (Kakan-soul of bulls); Jabal
11. Khnum-netjer-n (sacred ram); Abel
12. Uadj-nes; Seth
13. Sen-di or Sen-dji (feared one); Enosh
14. Dja-dja-tepy (the head chief); Kenan
15. Neb-ka (lord of the soul); Mahalalel
16. Djeser-za (sacred protection); Jared
17. Teti; Enoch
18. Z-djes (I am my own man); Methuselah
19. Nefer-ka-re (good soul of Ra); Lamech
20. Snefru (Nofru); Noah
21. Khufu (Chamu or Chufu);Ham

Maybe the famous 'City of Enoch' is where the this egyptian kingdom divide is coming from. Cain (Geb) hands over the 'City of Enoch' to Enoch (Osiris) and the kingdom prospers. Later Enoch has a child named Irad (Seth). Irad grows up and desires his father's glory. Irad kills is father Enoch and the kindom is divided by Cain (Geb) but later gives it to Enoch's other son (Horus) not mentioned.

(I don't really know.)

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Legends of the Jews
The Ten Generations.
Seth and his descendants.

"...They also were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies and their order. And that their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, they made two pillars, upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire and at another time by the violence and quantity of water. The one was of brick, the other of stone, and they inscribed their discoveries on both, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain, and exhibit these discoveries to mankind, and also inform them that there was another pillar, of brick, erected by them."

www.sacred-texts.com...

Adam predicted the world to be detroyed one time by fire and another time by water, but he didn't know which would come first. That is why two pillars were errected, one could survive a certain destruction. Interesting that the bible says a second destruction is coming in the form of fire. The second prediction of Adam sounds like the final day of judgment- Armageddon.

Still who found the surviving pillar?

...oops, Deliverer already mentioned this.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by lostinspace]

[edit on 28-11-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deliverer
In an interesting side note, there was a discovery of ancient Akkadian texts in Nineveh, in a library assembled by Ashurbanipal. In one of the tablets Ashurbanipal claims " ...I can even read the intricate tablets in Shumerian; I understand the enigmatic words in the stone carvings from the days before the flood." Could this be the same stone pillar? Ashurbanipal died roughly 633 B.C

Berosus writes that the Chaldean Noah was required to bury records of the antediluvian world at Sippara. This record also mentions a Chaldean sage called "Alemon of Sippara." This word Sippara signifies "The City of Books".

en.wikipedia.org...

There is this old book, written in 1876, that states both Seth and Enoch wrote the works associated with these mythological pillars and that they still exist in Asia at that time.

Would these two accounts of buried records be some sort of hint that the lengend may be true?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
where does the legend of the Pillars of Seth origanate? its not in the standard Bible, and i havent found any references to them in apacraphic books, although i admit my reading there is limited however. Where does this story come from?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My 'lambhorn'' article on the Primogenitors is 100~pages of content...

SAMPLE: The archaic Egyptian perception went west to the Tuat and north to circle through Ra's nightside, past Apep, and next morning back east...

So--

The pillars of Hercules were first-west, then-north of the Tuat, the islands about Thira Santorini, and as the Greek Historian recorded, the Egyptians returned to the Delta, 5000 days after the tidalwave (they couldn't count Nile-flood-years in messed-up weather), and restarted civilization atop 14 feet of sediment, now-cleared around the pyramids...

Seth's 912 years in the Bible, and 350 years rule in Egypt, were: 28 years while Osiris Wsr ('oongsher') Anshar Cain 'Qingu' was away promoting the beginnings of mankind civilization importing Sumerian 'homesteaders' into Ap-Shw's land, (Father-Shw at that time, but earliest Khon-Shw Lord-Shw) making "loud talk" (Shw Yhwh Jehovah still didn't want Cain back), plus 83 years till Horus grew up, plus 80 years contended between them, plus 220 years waiting while Horus ruled alone (300-80=220) and finished with 159, himself alone while Horus -Enoch- then 365 (65-to-manhood+300) moved up Anubis Anup(s) An-Wip Anu Enosh' heaven-mountain in the east as the Second Watcher, in the East ... plus Seth was 342 when Cain came home, in A-472: TOTAL: 342+28+83+80+220+159=912, 28+83+80+159=350 ... And the other numbers are likewise solid computations (took lots of work).

Is that enough content ... or is that above, Above Top Secret...?

Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry, former Linkabit stealth-satellite Engineer #37 cleared Secret Crypto Restricted, now President of Lanthus Corporation....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by demorior
where does the legend of the Pillars of Seth origanate?

The pillars of Seth comes from Josephus, the Jewish mythographer and historian. They are also called the Pillars of Enoch.

Pillars of Enoch

"Now this Seth,...became a virtuous man...so did he leave children behind him who imitated his virtues ...they made two pillars, the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both...Now this remains in the land of Siriad to this day."

This part sounds interesting, "They also were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies, and their order."

I wonder what order the stars were in their day? Now it's time to search for the land of Siriad. Could it be the land of Sirius?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join