It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Found UFO Footage From The 1960's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Apologies to those who are unable to watch video.

Details about location, date etc not readily available, the grainy B&W video shows a small whitish object coming up to a commercial airliners' right wing before disappearing from view.

Can anyone here identify this clip? Also, I'm hoping Zaphod or an aviation expert can ID the wing of the aircraft.

Does the landscape look familiar to anyone?

Posted on YT by Mister UFO.........

MODS, please delete if already posted

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Is there any reason for it not to be a modern video black and white with cgi UFO and grain effect to try to blend all better and it's sold as 60s movie?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Looks to me to be something added when the film was processed. The object has no definition, more of a blob added later. If you had the film negative you could add such a blob when you print the film.

P

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

None - all the more reason to throw it into the Hoax bin - if that is what it is.

link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The fact that there is no forthcoming information about this video set the alarm bells ringing for me.

Just wondering if it's real or fake.

link   
Passenger jets, circa 60s

!960… I suspect it's fake, processed after the fact using after effects. Probably not even shot during the time period. Im judging solely on camera shake, grain and look of the picture.

A lot of home movies back then are color, (kodachrome.) The black and white tones look off in this one.

Might be wrong, but my best guess especially with the sketchy details and the 50 year lateness to the party.

List of film stock.

edit on 12-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Here's some Leaked 1949 UFO Film also from Mister UFO

Let's just keep giving these fools hit's , that's what we're here for .... isn't it ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Doesn't look video 8 like. ( reel to reel as was the the tech. of the day )

Calling shenanigans on this.

Ed: Meant to say " Super 8 " ... still 'flickery'. Then again tou can make old stuff look good.

I think our resident photo gurus could trace this back to exif.data and confirm or debunk.
Or at least come to a conclusive - maybe !

edit on 12-2-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Yeah the zoom in/out mechanics looks modern to me, but i dont know much about this. For me it just doesn't looks like a 60s film

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Sublimecraft
Apologies to those who are unable to watch video.

Details about location, date etc not readily available, the grainy B&W video shows a small whitish object coming up to a commercial airliners' right wing before disappearing from view.

Can anyone here identify this clip? Also, I'm hoping Zaphod or an aviation expert can ID the wing of the aircraft.

Does the landscape look familiar to anyone?

Posted on YT by Mister UFO.........

MODS, please delete if already posted

Errmm, unless I am mistaken that is a Boeing 747 wing and they didn't come into commission until early 1970.
The first flight was in 1969 I believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's my somewhat non-expert opinion (having some experience with 3d modeling, animation, compositing, after effects, motion tracking, etc) that this is a poorly done hoax. Same with the second video posted above. I might even go so far as to say it's terribly done because it's so OVER done, but nobody cares about my opinion anyways.

But yeah. This could be done by a 1st year digital fx student with very little effort, and a lot of post processing. F&G.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
There is way too much definition and picture clarity in the background landscape for this to be authentic, along with detail of the wing.

Also lack of graininess as mentioned, digital processing is not good enough to enhance these characteristics of 1960's era lenses and film stock to the point of lack of motion blur.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Krusty the Klown
There is way too much definition and picture clarity in the background landscape for this to be authentic, along with detail of the wing.

Also lack of graininess as mentioned, digital processing is not good enough to enhance these characteristics of 1960's era lenses and film stock to the point of lack of motion blur.

Yep. When the camera zooms in on the ends of the engines that are sticking out of the wing in the first few seconds, it's a dead giveaway. The focus is all wrong. The plane is 3d generated (as is the camera). F&G.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
looks like a flying marshmellow.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

gortex
Here's some Leaked 1949 UFO Film also from Mister UFO

Let's just keep giving these fools hit's , that's what we're here for .... isn't it ?

Hmmm... where have I seen this before?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am eure I have seen that footage in the past....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is obviously a reflection on the window glass probably sunlight coming in from a window on the opposite side of the plane. The apparent height of the aircraft suggests it is circling to land which would account for the movement of the reflection

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Flags:
1) Short duration.
2) UFO appears and exits on "cue."
3) Anonymous.
4) Degraded to obscure details.
5) Sighting ends with no follow-up.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Flags:
1) Short duration.
2) UFO appears and exits on "cue."
3) Anonymous.
4) Degraded to obscure details.
5) Sighting ends with no follow-up.

6) 8mm B&W film stock was not generally available during the era the film was alleged to be made; this suggests poor research by the perpetrator.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Indigent
Is there any reason for it not to be a modern video black and white with cgi UFO and grain effect to try to blend all better and it's sold as 60s movie?

exactly what i thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join