It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Officials Cried ‘Terrorism’ to Cover Up a Paperwork Error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How Obama Officials Cried ‘Terrorism’ to Cover Up a Paperwork Error

I don't think anyone will be surprised about what this story covers. It's become par for the course in my opinion, just another example of what happens when a bloated ineffectual bureaucracy is given unlimited power.

After seven years of litigation, two trips to a federal appeals court and $3.8 million worth of lawyer time, the public has finally learned why a wheelchair-bound Stanford University scholar was cuffed, detained and denied a flight from San Francisco to Hawaii: FBI human error.

Mistakes are made regularly, and rather than admit to those mistakes and work to correct them and fix the process. The Govt, spends millions of dollars and years lying to cover it up.

What happened next was the real shame. Instead of admitting to the error, high-ranking President Barack Obama administration officials spent years covering it up. Attorney General Eric Holder, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and a litany of other government officials claimed repeatedly that disclosing the reason Ibrahim was detained, or even acknowledging that she’d been placed on a watch list, would cause serious damage to the U.S. national security. Again and again they asserted the so-called “state secrets privilege” to block the 48-year-old woman’s lawsuit, which sought only to clear her name.

At least towards the end, the judge overseeing the case saw the light and did the right thing.

A month before Ibrahim’s trial, the judge said he learned the Kafkaesque truth. “I feel that I have been had by the government,” he said in a November pretrial conference.

Link to PDF Court ruling

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Seeing how it started in 04 shouldn't the title be Obama spends money to cover up a mistake made by the Bush administration? All of these lawsuits started while Bush was in office.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

buster2010
Seeing how it started in 04 shouldn't the title be Obama spends money to cover up a mistake made by the Bush administration? All of these lawsuits started while Bush was in office.

holy cow you are a partisan *expletive*.

every post you make is trying to flick the blame around.
they are all the same side. they are all the same crooks.
obush bushama... billary crinton. they all do the same crap and cover it up, then just like you try to shift it to the last guy.

it doesnt matter who did this originally, the fact is RIGHT NOW the current administration continued it, that validates the title.

they are ALL guilty.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I didn't write the title.

But yes, it should be very telling to everyone caught up in all the partisan BS how the allegedly ideologically polar opposite administrations cover up for each other.

Bush, Obama, and all the iterations of the Congress and Senate share the guilt equally for the state of our Govt.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

This is a example of why lawyers should never be allowed to hold any public office or high ranking Government postion. People like to point fingers at Bush or Obama...and I am not a big fan of either. But I point all five of the fingers of my hand at the lawyers.

They are the dregs and leeches of society. 99% make the 1% look bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

buster2010

People don't like that kind of truth.
How dare you say that.. don't you know this is an anti-obama board only now?

In saying that, It might have been Bush's criminal activity that brought about this world wide mess.. But Obama has had more than enough time to fix it.. (If he was even in charge.. which he is not)

new topics

top topics

join