It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Results on Suspected Mad Cow Released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
I stand corrected on one thing. I focused on the word inconclusive; and somehow, I missed the fact that the first two tests were positive. I don't know how I could have missed that, too much going on maybe.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Two initial tests at the state level had returned positive, prompting the sample to be sent to the agency's Ames, Iowa, laboratory, the statement said.

Word of a possible second case � or "inconclusive," as industry and government officials call them � was first revealed last Thursday, though few details were provided about the cow's location or age.

This is the article I first read and I guess it's what stuck with me.

Suspicions about a new case of the disease in the United States came after two simultaneous test results could not rule out an infection.

�The inconclusive result does not mean we have found another case of BSE in this country,� said Andrea Morgan, associate deputy administrator of the USDA�s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

The USDA uses the term "inconclusive" for that reason. Most who see that term assume the test was probably negative.

<< 1   >>

join