It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration relaxes immigration ban on refugees who have supported terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The White House announced some "changes" to immigration policy the other day.

Some asylum-seekers and refugees apparently have been denied because of some ties to terrorism and now certain cases will be exempted from existing law.

This is an administration change namely DHS and the State Department, not an act of Congress and evidently is allowed by law.

I wonder what the hidden agenda is with this?

The Obama administration has issued new exemptions to a law that bars certain asylum-seekers and refugees who provided “limited material support” to terrorists who are believed to pose no threat from the U.S.

The Department of Homeland Security and the State Department published the new exemptions Wednesday in the Federal Register to narrow a ban in the Immigration and Nationality Act excluding refugees and asylum seekers who had provided limited material support, no matter how minor, to terrorists.

“These exemptions cover five kinds of limited material support that have adversely and unfairly affected refugees and asylum seekers with no tangible connection to terrorism: material support that was insignificant in amount or provided incidentally in the course of everyday social, commercial, family or humanitarian interactions, or under significant pressure,” a DHS official explained to The Daily Caller.

Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson and Secretary of State John Kerry signed the exemptions.

Obama admin unilaterally changes law to allow immigrants with ‘limited’ terror contact into US

2nd opinion article....
Obama administration relaxes immigration ban on refugees who have supported terrorism

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So, the NSA records all of our texts, emails and phone conversations in order to combat terrorism....

But Obama will let immigrants that have provided support to terrorists into our country.

WHAT'S THAT TELL YOU?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hmmm.. so..

Who are terrorist?

If lets say i live in middle east.

Intruder come and shoot the shiite up, some people in the village take up arms, i help the cause by feeding the rebels and give them cloths. I support terrorist?

Aren't patriots terrorist? OK to lock them up?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

While I get what you're saying... and on the surface , it seems NUTS . I must say that life ( of commerce ) must go on. You bottleneck enough airports , and Boeing , General Dynamics ( and so forth ) will SWAT the TSA , and their CO's.

Every American and probably , well , every tax payer...supports terrorism. Still Stupid !

Thanks for the heads up , S/F.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

luciddream
hmmm.. so..

Who are terrorist?

If lets say i live in middle east.

Intruder come and shoot the shiite up, some people in the village take up arms, i help the cause by feeding the rebels and give them cloths.

This has been going on forever : of course , you are a terrorist .

REPRISALS . I tell all my fellow survivalists - don't use those tools you brag about so much... unless you can do it 100's of miles away from your own village ! Reprisals will come if you provide a bottle of water to the ' wrong ' guy . ' Wrong ' may change day to day . By some definition , my friend... you ARE a terrorist. Sorry.

Especially if you are engaged in the sort of DEDENDER and INSURGENT humanitarian , human decency sort of behavior that you INDICATE you will . good luck in this .

edit on 9-2-2014 by Bazart because: havtakillya

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They want terrorists in the US so they they can bomb something. It would give DHS the opportunity to set up a police state. Why do a false flag yourself, when u can just make it easy for the terrorists to do it themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

butcherguy

So, the NSA records all of our texts, emails and phone conversations in order to combat terrorism....

But Obama will let immigrants that have provided support to terrorists into our country.

WHAT'S THAT TELL YOU?

Tells me that Obama, and the left will do ANYTHING for a vote.

Because that is what it is all about.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hell between Bill Ayres, and these guys:

freebeacon.com...

www.politico.com...

Obama is quite comfy with 'terrorists'.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thats gotta be tough for right wing fanatics, cause you know if ya aint white, gun carrier. Anti abortions kinda fellaw, well dang your a terrorist lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow... Remember when we had a Government which consisted of 3 branches? Now we only seem to have 2 1/2...and the courts are normally jammed full of the wrong kinds of cases these days.

What a way to run a nation ...

top topics

join