It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Connections: LDS Church and the American Intelligence Community

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Why don't you tell me what you really think?

Well, I guess I was expecting to be called an ignorant asshole by at least one person when I wrote this thread, but I wasn't expecting it to be you. So be it.

It's been said many times throughout this thread that the Mormons and generous people, great to have as neighbors, would give their clothes off their back, etc. I get that, admire that and think that its completely irrelevant.

This thread was not directed towards the millions of faithful Mormons that walk in their faith, this was an attempt to point out that the Church may be very-well connected to certain aspects of government and intelligence agencies.

So far, most of the responses that try to counter my OP say "Ya, their connected because (insert reason here) ....but the Mormons are the s**t!".

Ok, so they're good people.

Now can you deny that missionaries would not be attractive to intelligence agencies?
Can you deny the statements made about Mormon involvement in statements made by Watergate committeemen?
Can you deny the connection between a Mormon PR firm that represented the LDS Church in DC (I thought they didnt get involved in politics) and a man that was convicted due to his involvement in Watergate and a known CIA asset?

You can call me names and try to debate using emotional, hearth-wrenching stories of how these people are so fricken' awesome...or you can debate what was presented in the OP.

ETA: I take huge offense to anyone that says I was trying to drum-up hate against the Mormons.

edit on 10-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
ETA: I take huge offense to anyone that says I was trying to drum-up hate against the Mormons.

Your aim is true, sheep...don't let those with blinders make it seem different.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok, I can't resist.
Take in mind, I was seriously involved with someone who was committed to RLDS. In my very distant past.

www.youtube.com...

I admit, I didn't read all of the pages through. I started to, but got lost in a religion that didn't resonate. Hope you like the song!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh they're very much connected and it's not YOUR posts I was really responding to with my diatribe just FYI... it was the occasional posts salted through here of people talking about mormon takeovers and etc.

As to why they're connected... if you know about mormon history you know they've already had their run ins with the federal government and angry townspeople etc. It's a self preservation tactic pure and simple.

On the business side of things I kind of feel like people want to point fingers more out of anger that they don't have the same level of success.

The mormons are good people for the most part who, by the nature of the culture mormons are raised in growing up, are attractive to pretty much ANY employer on the planet!

As far as the missionaries themselves being used as assets knowingly and unknowingly. I can tell you that while I don't doubt it happens sometimes on an adhoc basis with individual missionaries, it is most definitely not happening on a large scale! (not on the missions the 19 year olds go on anyway, although i've questioned a time or two whether or not the older missionaries might not have "other duties" occasionally) I have 2 very smart, very well adjusted brothers who have been on missions themselves and I quizzed them to a point of exasperation about their time in the MTC and et cetera. The answers they gave speak very much to the missions they send their young men and women on being for the stated purpose.

Again to be clear it's not the questioning of the Mormon connections that bothered me. It's the ignorant people within the thread who are trying to turn the innocuous into the nefarious. Also the whole bood atonement thing being brought up time and again... I was very suspicious of the church from the jump and spent a large portion of my adult life after I stopped attending trying to find ANY evidence that even a trace of stuff like that remains in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Notice I took time to spell out their official name.

The offshoot branches on the other hand.... *shudders* there's rather believable rumors that some of them do stuff that would make the aztecs cringe. The one thing I can say though is that the main line mormon church is extraordinarily self policing and does NOT tolerate stuff like that among it's members! That and polygamy or even openly CONDONING either of those things will get you excommunicated.

Meanwhile Opus Dei Members are still recognized as members of the mainline roman catholic church.

Many people try to make the mormons out like they have some sort of persecution complex, but realistically they're very right to worry. Threads like this prove it! (That is not directed at you sheep) they are a very real threat to many of the other mainline so called christian denominations for a number of reasons. Hence why you see such outcry, fear, suspicion, and rumor mongering directed at them so consistently by other christian groups.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Please google Acronis, Landesk, Storagecraft, and similar companies.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

roguetechie
...they are a very real threat to many of the other mainline so called christian denominations for a number of reasons. Hence why you see such outcry, fear, suspicion, and rumor mongering directed at them so consistently by other christian groups.

So...does the American Indian (which includes me) have Jewish DNA or not? Not.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join