It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado thanksgiving ufo - was this discussed here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Folks, just stumbled across this. I know, thirdphaseofmoon is not the most reliable of sources and maybe this has already been debunked, don't know. A quick search in here did not turn up any results. So, here goes nothing: if this was discussed before, close thread and put me into the right direction, mods.

If not, I'd like to hear your opinions, folks. Is this real? If so, what is it?

It looks very convincing to me. Seems to be an Adamski / Haunebu type of craft. It looks like a man-made thing, clunky, metallic. It has a nice blue color on top, no marking I can see. There is a large hole in the outer hull, seems to be intentionally (manufactured to be there), you can see the outline of the hole in the hull on top it when the hull spins. Drone? Model? Toy?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

thirdphaseofmoon=Hoax

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

looks like some type of toy to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah... Every time I see a video made by Thirdphaseofmoon I quickly exit and try to figure out how I can get that time back. Sorry OP definite hoax.
edit on 7-2-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hmmm... well, completely disregarding footage just because it comes from a grab-bag, post anything source like ThirdPhaseetc doesn't make much sense.

Let's pretend this comes from an unimpeachable, super reliable source (if such a thing exists). If so, then hmmm... I mean, since we are at such a disadvantage when making even educated guesses, it's fairly futile, but that said, we can certainly speculate.

This is weird and looks like it is not cgi. A model? A remote controlled hobby-craft? Sure, but it seems too big for that. A govt drone? Perhaps, but over a residential area? So... I'm atta loss and not afraid to say I don't know and will check back for a consensus from bigger brains here... but at least this is interesting and seems non-cgi for once. I stress "seems" for obvious reasons.

I just have a general feeling that it's man made, though... the underside looks like airfoils and intake, something that would use air to hover, like a remote controlled hobby craft or a govt. or private co. drone... not an electro-gravatic driven craft from dimension X.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Errrrr. Would it be too much bother for these guys to vet this stuff before trying to pass it off on the rest of us. The thing is not even symmetrical. Somebody goofed during the gluing stage.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Hmmm... well, completely disregarding footage just because it comes from a grab-bag, post anything source like ThirdPhaseetc doesn't make much sense.

Thirdphase are hoaxers , they post hoaxes and they create hoaxes , to give anything they post any thought or attention makes no sense ...except maybe adsence into their account.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Okay, well enjoy your hoax.

edit on 7-2-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Enjoy? Your likely right about the "hoax," and that can be said about most crap on the net, but I thought I said that... heh, oh never mind... but reading comprehension aside, I just said it doesn't look cgi and was probably man-made.

That's all.

Edit: And if I bothered, I could likely find a hobby kit with this ... looks to be about 4 feet across, maybe? Air-foils, prop cage on the bottom, yeah, hobby kit... but it's probably not cgi and probably not a "hoax" in the intentional lie from the videographer sense.
edit on 2/7/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Friends, sorry that I am a irregular responder to my own thread, be assured I will check it and if I find I have something to add I will. I also thank y'all for responding - tis me first one, this one, this glorious thread of mine

I am aware of the reputation of TPOM, but as a fortean I won't judge information merely based on the source. I also know that it is easy to make CGIs nowadays. But this does not look like CGI to me. Now, of course, that's the point of CGI, I know, buth there are also a lot of details visible that the hoaxter did not have to add if his/her goals was merely to create a realistic CGI: the rotation of the hull, for example, the big 'gap' (hole) in the outside hull, which you can actually peek through, the details of the inside of the thing one sees when the hole passes and allows you to see a glimpse of what is inside. Also, it does not look like anything a hoaxter would try to create: way too old fashioned and as such unbelievable in itself. This looks like a modernized version of the Haunebu - and very man made indeed.

About the size of the thing: how can we determine the size, I wonder? Maybe if we had some measure of the distance between the trees in the background and the road? Anybody in here that lives near Denver, recognises the spot and is willing to do some measuring?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Let's keep it simple. I just composed a mail to the Cousin brothers, see below.
If anything turns up, I'll keep you posted.

Folks,

this considers a video you posted w/regard to a sighting near
Denver, Colarado:

www.youtube.com...

I would like to contact the person or people that recorded
this contraption, can you help me?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Good luck with that , I have a feeling that IF they respond to your message they will say something like the people that filmed it requested anonymity , but hey if you don't ask you don't get so kudos to you for asking and I look forward to their reply

top topics

join