It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA analysis suggests Peruvian elongated skulls are NOT human!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Taken from Source

It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans. The geneticist commented on the peer group findings: “I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree,” in fact he went on to express that the DNA was so biologically different, they would not have been able to interbreed with humans.

Ancient astronaut theorists have long believed that this was not just a simple result of head wrapping, some cases were believed to be the result of this, as an attempt to honor their gods, but this new evidence proves that these skulls are actually NOT human at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

There is a thread on this already. It's on the TOP pages link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I follow Brien Foerster on FB and they have never said what you claim. They have said preliminary results point to unknown species. That doesn't mean alien. It could be a completely different type of humanoid species we never knew about.

link   

Mitochondrial DNA comes from the mother, so what about the father's DNA?

I know the "Starchild" skull had similar attributes.

-SAP-

link   
Finally! A possibility of actual hard evidence for extra terrestrial life. i will be following this intently

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Again, this isn't evidence of aliens so much as it is evidence of POSSIBLY another species of human.

These people were found bound by ropes. For some reason I doubt ancient aliens came down to Earth and were promptly enslaved by the primitive natives.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The samples were sent to the late Lloyd Pye, founder of the Starchild Project, who delivered the samples to a geneticist in Texas for DNA testing.

The geneticist commented on the peer group findings: “I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree,” in fact he went on to express that the DNA was so biologically different, they would not have been able to interbreed with humans.

A geneticist ,The geneticist , but no name of the geneticist or the lab where the tests were carried out , I would like to know who did the tests , isn't that kind of important the the credibility of the story ?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's possible the lab and the scientist didn't want their name and place of employment attached to such a story...?

But I agree it would be pretty useful information to a story like this.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

They will no doubt want donations to "carry out more tests" which will prove inconclusive and people will still never know who ran the tests or where they were ran.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It's possible the lab and the scientist didn't want their name and place of employment attached to such a story...?

It is but if the results are as groundbreaking as suggested I don't see why.

reply to post by JayinAR

They will no doubt want donations to "carry out more tests"

That thought had crossed my mind too , here we go again

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A qualified Holy Shet. [ref. the ancient goddess]

I would be more enthralled if anyone would name "the geneticist," or if said "geneticist" would come forward. Even so, I can't wait for the next step - replicating the results, presumably with new and well-documented samples.

The Paracas skulls... the cranial volume is up to 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls, meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening. They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two. The fact that the skulls’ features are not the result of cranial deformation means that the cause of the elongation is a mystery, and has been for decades.

Mr. Juan Navarro, owner and director of the local museum, called the Paracas History Museum, which houses a collection of 35 of the Paracas skulls, allowed the taking of samples from 5 of the skulls. The samples consisted of hair, including roots, a tooth, skull bone and skin, and this process was carefully documented via photos and video. The samples were sent to the late Lloyd Pye, founder of the Starchild Project, who delivered the samples to a geneticist in Texas for DNA testing.

[www.ancient-origins.net...]Anc ient Origins[/url]

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I wouldn't be so sure of that. How do governments treat them today? Suspicion? Secrecy? People fear what they don't understand, this can go two ways. revere or attack

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

gortex
A geneticist ,The geneticist , but no name of the geneticist or the lab where the tests were carried out , I would like to know who did the tests , isn't that kind of important the the credibility of the story ?

That caught my attention right off the bat as well. Too many suspicious & vague sources always seem to surround this topic. However, if any of these statements are valid then it will be FASCINATING to see where it goes.

Seems as if the "head binding" theory is rather weak, too. I'm certain that the OOTB radio crew will do a fantastic job dissecting it for/with us.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I agree it would be helpful to know the names of the people who conducted the tests. In this type of research there might be good reason the names were not given. Information has been suppressed and hidden for thousands of years, this practice continues today. While I would like to know the credentials behind these findings, I can't discount the article based on that alone.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It wouldn't be the first sub species found.
Its not like we have alien DNA to compare it to, so this would just be considered a new branch on the evolutionary tree, even if it didn't seem to fit.

Remember the hobbit people discovery not too long ago? That one wasn't suppressed.

This has fakery stamped all over it until they come forward and publish their findings for peer review. Everyone should be asking why they haven't done so. And don't give them a damn dime for more tests. Its a con

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Please see my commentary posted in the discussion already well under way in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

SloAnPainful

Mitochondrial DNA comes from the mother, so what about the father's DNA?

I know the "Starchild" skull had similar attributes.

-SAP-

Similar claims by a similar guy... and his unnamed geneticist.

The samples were sent to the late Lloyd Pye, founder of the Starchild Project, who delivered the samples to a geneticist in Texas for DNA testing. - See more at: www.ancient-origins.net...

www.ancient-origins.net...

I think it's just more Pye in the Skye.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I would say that's a fair assessment. Pye researched it for a while and really couldn't conclude much from his findings...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

NephraTari
reply to post by gortex

I agree it would be helpful to know the names of the people who conducted the tests. In this type of research there might be good reason the names were not given. Information has been suppressed and hidden for thousands of years, this practice continues today. While I would like to know the credentials behind these findings, I can't discount the article based on that alone.

How many times has research been done on confirmation of world-changing info only to have government goons show up, arrest everyone and confiscate the data? Sure, the omission of the who and where is going to seem suspicious, but it shoud be simple enough to have another lab repeat the testing. Sounds like there's plenty of sample tissue available.

(post by JayinAR removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe these people still live in Peru. Maybe the women wear their hair in buns and the guys wear big hats to hide their skulls.

Can't say I have seen any coneheads around here other than my first daughter when she was born.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join