It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens to Your Tax Refund in a Debt-Ceiling Stalemate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh, if there is a shutdown, they'll delay it just to spite people and make us feel pain. After all, the last couple of shutdowns didn't make us howl in agony over not having the government there in our lives. You saw the lengths they went to in order to inflict pain last time.

Well, if they can time it right, this what they're going to do this time. Bet on it. No, they don't have to because the government will keep taking in money, but His Highness will deem it nonessential for the refunds to go out just to try to damage his political opponents.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Last year, I believe that they said that any tax refunds would have to wait until after the Government shut down was over.

After all, there would be no IRS to process it.

Personally, if my Government is shut down for over two weeks, I'd not expect to pay for services that I was not getting. Therefore, I'd request that my taxes not be paid for the same 16 days that the Government was shut down. After all, it's tax dollars that fund the Government, and no services were being provided for in return.

I'd think that if your cable were out for 16 days, because the cable company wasn't providing a signal due to some issue at their end, you'd not only demand a refund from the cable company, you'd probably do your best to find an alternative. Time for all US taxpayers to demand 16 days worth of tax refund from their Government, for services paid for and never delivered. Time for a refund, and time for consumers to find an alternative Government.

Good luck with that, BTW. lol

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh, if there is a shutdown, they'll delay it just to spite people and make us feel pain. After all, the last couple of shutdowns didn't make us howl in agony over not having the government there in our lives. You saw the lengths they went to in order to inflict pain last time.

Well, if they can time it right, this what they're going to do this time. Bet on it. No, they don't have to because the government will keep taking in money, but His Highness will deem it nonessential for the refunds to go out just to try to damage his political opponents.

I agree.

It will be a blame tool.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join