It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lie #1: Obamacare Kills Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To: The Moderator that closed down this thread:

You state that you closed my thread because someone else posted theirs before mine; however mine was posted 15 minutes before the post you are referencing was up. So do you just decide to stop subjects you don't like??? Maybe you should just close down my account if that's how it is going to be. Did you even check to see that my post was first, or did you just close it because you didn't like it?? I think I deserve an explanation than isn't trash.

-G Keller

In response to some of the nasties below please chomp on this...

I find it endlessly hilarious that despite cold hard facts in front of your nose, people would rather believe a lie than read between the lines.

Before you continue supporting ludicrous accusations you should probably actually read Appendix C of the CBO report, this small paragraph is what Fox is reporting as proof that Obamacare kills jobs. LOL, no greedy corporations will kill full time jobs!! Come on people. The companies are reducing hours down to part time to bypass giving their employees healthcare, I doubt the prezi is sitting around plotting our individual demise by reduction in our work hours... so if you work at McDonalds just wait, once legislation is passed it will be illegal to reduce work force hours to essentially break the law of the land. Meaning you cannot stop the wheels now that they are in motion, companies will initially get away with this but case law will arise and it will not last for long.

PLEASE READ APPENDIX C Pg. 117 of the CBO report below:

"The Congressional Budget Office released its Budget and Economic Outlook, and, in Appendix C, one can find an expanded discussion of the labor market effects of the Affordable Care Act.

Not surprisingly, the CBO finds that, all else equal, people are less likely to work and will work fewer hours under the ACA. They find, and I quote,

“The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in business’ demand for labor” (page 117).

That's it, the evil Obamacare job killing paragraph Fox is touting as absolute proof ... that humans will freaking believe anything.

"These are purely voluntary labor supply decisions, not people being laid off from jobs they’d rather keep, or people looking for work and being unable to find it. Working-age adults can now choose, without regard to their need to secure health insurance, whether they wish to supply labor and how much labor they wish to supply to the labor market. This is unabashedly a good thing for them."

Another lie from the marathon man Paul Ryan.

Fox news is currently reporting that Obamacare will lead to a massive job loss, dogs and cats are apparently set to begin mating soon as well... this shame of reporting is brought to you by Fox broadcasting company and is being heavily endorsed by our good buddy the marathon man Paul Ryan. These reports are quite interesting as the CBO report actually says the exact opposite, there will be a reduction in workforce because the CBO projects people will simply work less, as the economy gets better, and we reduce the deficit by the largest pace since Captain Bush decided to save the world from fear. Sorry Fox news dogs and cats will not begin mating soon.

Article:

"Today's CBO report on the ACA was so bad for Republicans that they're spinning furiously to minimize the damage. While Fox News, Fox Business, and MSNBC's favorite GOP mouthpiece Chuck Todd intentionally misstate the report's findings to support repeal, the facts are there in black and white.

Lie #1: Obamacare Kills Jobs

What the CBO report actually says:

CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024, almost entirely because workers will choose to supply less labor—given the new taxes and other incentives they will face and the financial benefits some will receive.

In English, that means people have more options for how they work, who they choose to work for, and what they choose to do without healthcare hanging over their head like a bludgeon waiting to kill them ... Here's the bottom line: Americans will no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and have the opportunity to pursue their dreams."

crooksandliars.com...

www.dailykos.com...

Paul Ryan lied during the marathon, and a man is only as good as his word. You gave the world the hint already, you are a man that is not to be trusted. If America were to take away the mouthpiece of the tea party all of this madness would end. Someone please buy Fox news and sell it off piecemeal. I would donate to that cause. As far as Obamacare goes I do not think people should have to pay a penalty, but I am happy to see it being rolled out. I mean anything that pisses off insurance companies so much that they have to keep hitting speed dial until the button falls off calling Paul Ryan, and John Boehner to punish us all for taking away their money is good with me.
edit on Tue Feb 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: Response

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: Thread closed by moderator and the explanation is a lie

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thekaliyuga

Nice rant.
2nd line....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don't think this is a lie.
I have personally heard of jobs being lost or at least hours being cut due to Obamacare. It certainly isn't creating jobs.

More jobs are being lost every day. Sam's just cut 2,500 jobs.
Hobby Lobby is considering closing all their stores, but that is more of a position than necessity.

Obamacare may not technically cost jobs, but it CERTAINLY costs people hours and thus livelihood. Businesses are cutting employees hours to make them part time so they don't have to pay benefits they can't afford.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Also I would like to direct you to this thread:

Obamacare will push 2 million workers out of the labor market: CBO

I would also like you to note his source is the Washington Times.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh I get it, I get to CHOOSE to work less because government is going to give me more benefits. Swell, great spin by the Ds, almost laughable if I wasn't crying.

When will it all stop?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It's not a lie.

I have had many people tell me their places were cutting employees due to Obamacare as well as cutting people's hours. I know quite a few people who had 40hr work weeks but now have 25 because their employer doesnt' want to give them insurance via Obamacare. Can you imagine having your job cut your hours almost in half and now you have to buy this crappy insurance you can't afford?! Heck you can't even afford to live now with 25hrs a week oh and good luck finding a second job because everyone is still looking for that mythical second job.

I have had three doctors tell me how they are not looking forward to Obamacare and things will just get worse. I have yet to have anyone tell me anything positive about it.

My sister doesn't qualify for state health insurance and she can't get Obamacare. SO NOW what?!

Obamacare is crap. The only people who like it are those it benefits. They don't care about the person it screws. I have my own insurance and do not have to have Obamacare but I still care about the many that are affected in a negative way. Sure it's nice for those who are getting insurance finally but does that make it ok because it's not hurting you? The whole "oh if it isn't hurting me why should I care" stance.....
edit on 2/4/2014 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

From the actual CBO report...

Although CBO projects that total employment (and compensation) will increase over the coming decade, that increase will be smaller than it would have been in the absence of the ACA.

There's a link to the pdf on the site you referenced if you'd like to read it for yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah sure, tell that to both my kids who had their hours cut to below 29 hours per week because of this super duper obamacare. I'm sure they'll feel much better.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join