It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to be Assassinated in Canada?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11
not to mention - what the hell would we watch on TV???

As an NFL fan, got to give you that one. As to the rest, we could sell our products elsewhere but we're locked into this NAFTA thing that Mulroney sold us into 20 years ago. We would be better off on the free market.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by intrepidOne mans terrorist is another mans immigrant. I don't see them blowing up # here. I also see us not screwing with their part of the world too. Rethink your gov't foriegn policy and maybe you wouldn't have as many "terrorists." Home grown ones as well.

hmm then why is canada a top target of al queda?

Says who? BTW, do you see our landmarks falling? Are we living in terror?

how about CSIS Director Ward Elcot..."an attack on Canada by groups such as al-Qaeda is inevitable"....and "As al-Qaeda directly threatened Canadians at least twice in the last two years, the last time only a month ago, it is therefore safe to assume that it's no longer a question of if, but WHERE and WHEN we'll be specifically targeted."

www.cbc.ca...

or maybe Al Qaeda themselves...

A posting found this week on an al Qaeda website places Canada fifth on a target list. The website is believed to be published by senior al Qaeda figure, Saif al-Adel. It calls on followers to attack Canadians and other westerners at home and abroad.

www.ctv.ca...

or possibly the CSIS website?

www.csis-scrs.gc.ca...

I'm not going to go so far as to say Canada is an Al Qaeda "haven"...but the threat is real...and as far as why we haven't been bombed yet? Maybe the real answer was someone's earlier post...the easiest way to hit the US with a nuke or dirty bomb, is to set it off in Canada.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hate to break up this current string of hate here - but -most US citizens DO NOT hate Canadians. In fact many of us are quite friendly. I suspect most Canadians don't hate us either. When I visit Canada, I find the opposite to be true. Other than getting used to the Looney and Liters of gas there is not much difference. We live in free countries. We drive the same cars. We live basically the same lives. I suspect some people are just angry and pick a convienient target to attack. So here is a new concept. I hate hate.
I also don't care much for Stalin, Hitler or Husein but I have German, Russian and Iraqi friends. Imagine that! There is no way to turn two wrongs into a right.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agree Blaine, I was to Detroit this year and found only freindly people. Now I have to answer Razor.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm not anti american or anything but i'm not worried about the US invading canada.

Could the US take canada? yea.

Could they keep canada? no

Think about it, americans took iraq like nothing, but they are having trouble holding it, and thats against a bunch of untrained civi's

In canada a large % of the population hunts, and are not strangers with guns and how too shoot. I myself being one of them.

You'd have every back woods canadian fighting the US troops. And with a country as large as canada it would be impossible too hold. IF we resisted, nobody could hold us.

Oh and if US did try too take us the rest of the world would be right their too take out the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Rayzor, your first link I left out of hand. I will have no affiliation with MSN, it's American propaganda.

2nd link: "Canada has been named again in a chilling new call to arms from al Qaeda. A posting found this week on an al Qaeda website places Canada fifth on a target list."

Named again. How many nations have been "named"? I still see the CN Tower on the way to work.

""I think Canadians should take it very seriously," says American terror watchdog Rita Katz. "Especially considering the fact that the manuals they are using are the ones they use to communicate to al Qaeda throughout the world."

In Ottawa, Public Security Minister Anne McLellan downplayed any threat.

"We are a named country, that is very clear. That is not new. Osama bin Laden named us. We know that we are a named country and we act accordingly," she told reporters in Ottawa.

Americans telling us to take it seriously. Sounds like the 6 o'clock news on channel 17. Ugh. Seems like OUR gov't are taking it as seriously as it deserves.

Your last link was to a site that was for prep for terrorism, pre 9/11. A year before.

You've got to lighten up, stop watching American news and chill.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't hate Canadians, but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one

Just Kidding Intrepid

Canada/UK/USA/Australia are like 4 leaves off the same tree.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Rayzor, your first link I left out of hand. I will have no affiliation with MSN, it's American propaganda.

2nd link: "Canada has been named again in a chilling new call to arms from al Qaeda. A posting found this week on an al Qaeda website places Canada fifth on a target list."

Named again. How many nations have been "named"? I still see the CN Tower on the way to work.

""I think Canadians should take it very seriously," says American terror watchdog Rita Katz. "Especially considering the fact that the manuals they are using are the ones they use to communicate to al Qaeda throughout the world."

In Ottawa, Public Security Minister Anne McLellan downplayed any threat.

"We are a named country, that is very clear. That is not new. Osama bin Laden named us. We know that we are a named country and we act accordingly," she told reporters in Ottawa.

Americans telling us to take it seriously. Sounds like the 6 o'clock news on channel 17. Ugh. Seems like OUR gov't are taking it as seriously as it deserves.

Your last link was to a site that was for prep for terrorism, pre 9/11. A year before.

You've got to lighten up, stop watching American news and chill.

sorry you feel that way about the links - but bottom line, our very own director of CSIS says very clearly - "not IF, but WHERE and WHEN". Regardless of the link - are you denying he said that? It would be foolish to just dismiss it all as hype. I realize that the CSIS link was an Al Qaeda prep doc BEFORE 9-11...I found it somewhat ironic for that reason alone.

IMO the US wants Canada to take the threat "seriously" - not to scare us into some form of submission...but because the easiest way for Al Qaeda to hit the US with a nuke or dirty bomb, is to set it off in Canada. True - the CN Tower is still standing (I saw it today!), but I live right on the border with the US...20 minutes from a sweet soft target - Sir Adam Beck generating station ...in Niagara Falls.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We've had this discossion before about racial profiling. It sucks azz, but you know, these days its got to be done. We need to know when to draw the line between political correctness and letting people die, or saving lives.

If the feds had have started profiling based on the info they had pre-9/11, that whole thing could have been avoided (or maybe just delayed?). But no, they didn't want to be politically incorrect, and thousands died because of it. So suck it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

sorry you feel that way about the links - but bottom line, our very own director of CSIS says very clearly - "not IF, but WHERE and WHEN". Regardless of the link - are you denying he said that? It would be foolish to just dismiss it all as hype. I realize that the CSIS link was an Al Qaeda prep doc BEFORE 9-11...I found it somewhat ironic for that reason alone.

IMO the US wants Canada to take the threat "seriously" - not to scare us into some form of submission...but because the easiest way for Al Qaeda to hit the US with a nuke or dirty bomb, is to set it off in Canada. True - the CN Tower is still standing (I saw it today!), but I live right on the border with the US...20 minutes from a sweet soft target - Sir Adam Beck generating station ...in Niagara Falls.

You are talking about documents that was put forth 4 years ago, before 9/11, why should we put credence in that. The world was different then.

Sure the US wants to dictate to us, WOW, news flash, that's only been going on for 60 years. I reiterate, seek your own news, resist that the comes from below the border. BTW you even had a CBC link with an MSN attachment.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Ahem... I'm not meteorologist, but, if somebody set off a nuke in say... Ottowa, the fallout would go north, not south. But I guess if you set it in say... Calgary, it would go south. But who'd wanna nuke us hicks out here? Our own government doesn't even care about us, why should bin laden?
Oh wait a minute, I forgot, richest province in Canada...er... history, due to oil. Maybe Bush will nuke Calgary instead.

In the famous words of that NRA Charlton Heston guy "You can have my gun (oil) when you pry it from my cold dead hands." But then they'd have to nuke all their Wal-Marts and stuff, and that'd piss off China. Funny funny.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You are talking about documents that was put forth 4 years ago, before 9/11, why should we put credence in that. The world was different then.

Sure the US wants to dictate to us, WOW, news flash, that's only been going on for 60 years. I reiterate, seek your own news, resist that the comes from below the border. BTW you even had a CBC link with an MSN attachment.

not sure I follow you on the "4 year old docs", but regardless of your anti-american stance...let me repeat - in May of 2004, a Canadian named Ward Elcot, who also happens to be the director of CSIS, states "its not a matter of IF, its WHERE or WHEN" when referring to an Al Qaeda type attack in Canada.

Seek my own news? If a quote from the director of the highest level of intelligence in Canada is not valid - please provide "your news" to enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Bush being wacked in Canada? I hope not. As much as I may dislike his demeanor towards foreign and domestic issues, death is not a viable solution to such ignorance. "MIGHT DOES NOT EQUAL RIGHT", we have learned this currently in the Iraqi war, and through history. Canadians, citizens and politicians, should be allowed to service thier bias towards the president in a freindly forum, in fact, this should always occur. I'am sensing a great deal of disconect from the Government and the citizens; the citizens seem to be clueless as to what the governments of the world are doing in thier names.

Deep

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Bush in Canada: From all the info I've seen, our media refers as decapitation but from what I've heard of the middle-east media they refer to it a servering the body. Which leaves me to believe AQ is not interested in Bush, but they may be more interested in severing the government or the body of people. Just different view.

Someone mentioned nukes and meteorology. This past summer, fires in Alaska caused dreary hazy weather in the deep south down to Florida. I someone pops a rad up there, we get the fallout.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
After reading simular comments here stating Canadians and Americans are very much the same, I highly recommend US citizens pay attention to the type of hostility/protests in Ottawa when Bush arrives. This should offer a good indication of how different we actually are.

So believe me, things are not pretty for America outside of the US. We should get our heads out of our arses and realize our leader is considered to be a criminal of humanity and the world is having a difficult time accepting another four years!

Break out the tear gas for Bush visit

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
After reading simular comments here stating Canadians and Americans are very much the same, I highly recommend US citizens pay attention to the type of hostility/protests in Ottawa when Bush arrives. This should offer a good indication of how different we actually are.

Break out the tear gas for Bush visit

So whats your point/ Canada has the same wackos protesting against President Bush as the US? Hardly indicative of anything, save your soured soul.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not to bore you with Illuminati Conspiracies but if the Order wants to whack you,,,,I dont care if you are at Norad 20 levels beneath the surface.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Cananda provides 3 things

1. Very, Very Good pot.

2. Old People who can't drive on my beaches

3. Cranky people from Quebec who don't even like fellow Canadians (canadians can back that up)

Seriously, And as far as wanting Bush to take a bullet, do you really enat Cheney in office? Think ahead people, this is not part of the any plan the terrorists would want. They will strike large and many. Any assassination attempt will be from a lone nutjob. How about hte gy they were looking for in NY that they never found during the time of the RNC convention.

Dear Canada, never did we as citizens think we would lose the WTC on 9/11. Please don't be so profuopund to think you are untouchable. No onw is out of arms reach, and many terrorists do use the canadian borders to move into our country.

Canadians for the most part arereally happy, fun loving hard working people, There would be no reason to invade, but we should open more free trade for things such as prescription drugs. It would benefit our elderly.....

[edit on 23-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Plan... you want a plan... we got a plan... nobody is going to suspect...

First, we invade Chiile.. then when no one's looking we sneak into Turkey and... then we rampage on into Hamburg, world domination is at our feet as long as we can keep our apetite. (rick mercer thing
. With the world distracted we then go after some Bush (Amelia, whatcha doing l8?)

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
3. Cranky people from Quebec

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live IN Qu�bec..be careful with what you say dude!
The difference is that we speak french...that's about it I have nothing against other provinces

Amelia

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join