It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was an event in your life that made you question reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A lot of stuff has for me i will share if anyone wants to hear my experiences.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nollynoon2

Introduction thread is to say hello
so Hiya.
Make a thread about it after 20 posts
and welcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Let's start with something simple. How did you find ATS. What are your interests. A little bit about you and what made you the person you are today.

Welcome to ATS...

Des

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The turning point was the near death experience (NDE) I had as a teen. This world felt like a dream. Other weird things made me question reality too like ufos, ghost, drugs, time changes, etc. It took a couple of weeks to become integrated back into this world. Nothing felt as real as the light I felt with my foot in the door to the other side. We are passing through. This reality is a form of reality but their is a super reality on the other side.

I had another thought come to mind. What about celebrities dying on tv more than once?
I remember the Marlboro man passing away when I was in high school. He died again this year.
I spoke to a dozen people about this and they all remember him passing on. I think this may be
a glitch in reality???

edit on 3-2-2014 by foxykittybite because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by foxykittybite because: oopshy

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I used to take this pill called aderal. After I got prescribed with a really high dosage I couldn't shake this feeling that reality was fake and that I could just shake it off. What intensified this feeling was a game I play called World of Warcraft. When I was in 7th grade I used to feel like I could possibly just "log out" of reality. I know it sounds silly, but the feeling was really intense. Even now.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Bush winning a second term certainly made me question reality.

Actually, so did the background to his first term win.

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hello Nollynoon2!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Above All, Have Fun!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
When I woke up and noticed grey hair... no.. the mirror was LYING. Im not aging. Its ALL LIES!! This is NOT my reality.. dammit.

you?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I just found my first grey hair down there If you know what I mean...boy that was depressing

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Great thread it was a dream i had about the apocalypse that first brought me here, I had a dream that Russia teamed up with china and nuked us all. had no info on this shizzle between china n Russia before this dream that is very strange to me, as I have found out alot since and the dream was very long and detailed exact positions the nuks hit everything i was recruited into some home guard sort of thing and whisked away up north... :-/

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

boymonkey74

I just found my first grey hair down there If you know what I mean...boy that was depressing

Yep. Unfortunately.
My husband found one "there".. and shaved himself bald. I pointed and laughed.. said he looked like a rubber joke chicken... he admitted to why he did it. I laughed harder.
True story..

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

boymonkey74

I bet OP wasnt expecting that when he/she made the thread asking about reality... eh?
THAT is reality.. icky icky reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you must know. I'll tell you the bare bones and nothing else.

For as long as I can remember I've been taken advantage of, lied to, stabbed in the back and left for dead everyone I trusted my friends once and that trust too was broken. The people I lost and the ones I loved that went missing, lingering in my mind all day and night.
That's not even the worst part of what made me question reality... Those that pretended to love and care for me abandoned me a long time ago for their own selfish desire's.

These things were what had shattered my mind and personality eventually the betrayal, the death's, the people I cared about that went missing (I still have no idea what happened to them) all these problems just made me snap and break on the inside. Lost all sense of direction, avoided liquor as much as I could if that's the one thing I took away from observation of other people.
I got over the hate and betrayal eventually. I just moved on time after time just rebuilding myself keeping my promises to the departed and deceased to never let go of everything I'd tried to achieve and work for.

For a while I just thought it couldn't be real all of this is here to do nothing but torture and harm me, but you know how reality breaks everything down eventually.
I figured out it never could be a dream eventually.
Why? all dreams end eventually, and I lived a nightmare at one point of my life. I guess throughout it all the pain gave me something to set my sights on.

Not long after just decided to let the past be what it should be the past. A bunch of memories that I learned from eventually.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by foxykittybite

There is more than one. Actually the one that dies recently i believe was the 4th to die of lung related illness.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutstomper

That may be the case but here is another strange one. Captain Kangaroo died more than once too...
There is only one Captain Kangaroo.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by foxykittybite

Pretty sure he died once. People just don't die twice. People make mistakes and forget things all the time. Like forgetting when people died. Or thinking people died. Rumors spread like wildfire and the internet is like a high school.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hi nollynoon2, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community.

Please review the link below, after which you are more than weolcome to make a new introduction thread if you wish.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join