It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS experiment thread--what's considered "okay," and what's NOT okay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Good thread

It has been discussed before but in my opinion this needs to be brought up more often as a reminder.

All these things you mentioned are very active here on ATS...I have several theories but rather not speculate.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree, it does happen to those who seem to speak their mind against the grain. ATS membership/staff does seem to have a habit of dismissing anything that is not "mainstream" (not always, but very often).

There are members who spend their whole day, every day, following those who possess critical thinking with the sole purpose of discrediting them. I see a few members in this thread who are the victim of the same things that I am. I have a few "fans" who follow me around and turn my threads into discussions about me, not the actual topic of the thread. These same people take what you said, portray it to mean the exact opposite of what was obviously stated, then continue the vicious cycle...anything to discredit the member and cause people to focus on anything but the actual topic of the thread itself.

Here is my most recent thread and you will see many of the things mentioned in this thread put into action. Before you read it, please keep in mind that I acknowledge my error in "stooping to their level" as I got sucked in to their trap and gladly accept my share of the blame for my behavior.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I always knew ATS had die hard skeptics, which I actually encourage, but there is a major difference between valid skepticism and outright trolling.

Sadly these actions mentioned in the OP and throughout this thread are becoming more extreme and prevalent.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I see what you mean... I am just having a read now.

I could go through my threads to find the ones i was chatting about but can't be bothered to do so...

Might comment on your one later.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great thread. I've love to see if I can get unicode characters to show up

Cherokee: ᎣᎦᎧᎹᎸᏉᏊᏑᏍᏠᏡ

Devanagari: छओऔगचऩसषयधखऔ

Runic: ᚤᚱᚸᚺᚻᚬᚿᛊᛋ

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Good issue to bring up, yeah this has happened to me.

I just think as others have said people don't like topics that aren't normal, anything that makes them move out of their current comprehension, they just aren't interested enough to make the effort to understand things most deem not understandable, or they just simply don't understand.
I guess ATS has turned more into a kind of news for the people on the edge of the non mainstream, they won't delve too deep and like I said, they like surprising things that doesn't take effort, there are a lot of trolls making the top threads.

Great post.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have no doubt that these things are going on right here at ATS. It also doesnt require a person to be a moderator to derail or guide a thread.
All it takes is a good degree of intelligence, key notes(a script), some "plausible" counter explanations to totally redirect a thread or poster.
I have seen anger trolling and concerted efforts to try and control a thread on particular subjects. I noticed it mostly in chemtrail and vaccine threads of which I participated quite thoroughly and open mindedly. And woe be anyone that dares to question the official stories of Sandy Hook & Boston.
I have seen tactics used to try and belittle a poster, attacks on a persons intelligence, I have even been made angry by certain people and resorted to retaliating back. I have seen blatant disregard for facts from official sources, by self proclaimed 'experts'.
Whether ATS owners and the moderators are in on this(which they very much are in regards to sandy hook) as a whole, Im not sure, but they dont have to be for it to take place.
ATS is a prime place for "counter intelligence" and disinformation, Id be surprised if it wasnt going on, because Im certain it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So many of these issues, when I face them, make me consider closing my ATS account and not wasting my time on the not-to-be-named folks who may or may not be involved in this type of thing.

But then I think, that's exactly what they want.

And I have friends on this site, I don't wanna lose em.

Like everything in life, ATS is one of those things that's so worthwhile underneath the trouble, you hold onto it despite its flaws.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i had to deal with "forum sliding" myself in a forum awhile back.. but it was more like flooding imo.. eventually it got so bad that they had to remove forum access from new members killing it completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I once made a mistake of posting while not wearing pants.

I now wear a suit and tie whenever I am online.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
try not to invest too much into forums, can't hurt you if you don't invest anything into it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join