It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism being accepted as “Today’s Religion” over all religions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Jesuslives4u

AfterInfinity

Jesuslives4u

AfterInfinity
So...let me summarize here.

- You talked about what makes truth true.

- You did a brief overview of some atheist dude's life (and colored it with your own thoughts).

- You proselytized the Christian faith.

- You asked if atheism is a religion.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I will say, however, that not smoking is not a habit.
edit on 3-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

If you are not sure of my point than keep walking.

Is that what Jesus would have said?

Yes he would have. But you don't know him, remember because you do not believe in him.

My belief in him is not the point. You have a message to share in the same spirit Jesus would have, according to your understanding...but something tells me you don't have that understanding. I have never once read in the Bible - and yes, I have read the Bible - Jesus ever telling someone to go away because they didn't understand him. It speaks of impatience, arrogance, callousness, and a crude approach to a delicate art. In short, very much NOT Christian.

Why do you ask for biblical scripture when you do not believe? You action is that of a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

I agree with you.
As a youth I was brought up in a CoE household but my parents always told me that there are plenty of other ideas about the big questions so over the years I studied Hinduism,Shintoism,Islam amongst others (Sorry OP I have no PHD in theology) I even dabbled in hinduism but it all came down to one thing for me...This is mans version of the truth and no man knows the truth so I figured out my own way but I will never tell another soul about it because it is personal.
If everyone did that we wouldn't have religion..with their big golden crosses and fancy digs..trying to teach us all how great it is to be poor.
Pfft.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Just saw this also from the OP.

"Personally I think only people with proper higher level education credentials i.e. Phd or Masters degree in divinity/religion …… from accredited universities should only be allowed to disseminate this type of religious or atheistic teachings inside a building."

So people who are already believers are the only people allowed to talk about the subject? in any building? I bet you would then no one would ever disagree with your brand of religion. Many people without PHD's or such can study religion and make discoveries about them, If it points to religion being a crock of #e like it is, bully for them, they are stepping into the new age.

So you did not read my post instead you decided to "run your mouth" ? Hot air.......nothing more. Maybe with all the hot air you are fuming......maybe you could heat up a few homes? lol

Typical.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

I read posts in snippets and If I see something I want to say about it I will reply and then reread the op to see If anything else is worth repying to.
Run my mouth of? Aaaah did I hurt your feelings with the truth!!!
You are new here (or are you a banned returning member I wonder lol ) so expect a heated debate with me, If you don't like it jog on...or you could actually start to back up your claims with facts.
Like where did Jesus actually say that in the bible?.

edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Serdgiam

I agree with you.
As a youth I was brought up in a CoE household but my parents always told me that there are plenty of other ideas about the big questions so over the years I studied Hinduism,Shintoism,Islam amongst others (Sorry OP I have no PHD in theology) I even dabbled in hinduism but it all came down to one thing for me...This is mans version of the truth and no man knows the truth so I figured out my own way but I will never tell another soul about it because it is personal.

Exactly. I mean, you can share pieces here and there. You could even share the full story! But, that doesnt mean it has any relevence beyond our own lives. It might, it might not.

Militant atheism brought me to believe in God. Funny how things can work sometimes.

If everyone did that we wouldn't have religion..with their big golden crosses and fancy digs..trying to teach us all how great it is to be poor.
Pfft.

Its really too bad that corporations took their queue from religion. Anything which can be made proprietary will be, and then disseminated according to the most profitable road map. "The people" will only have the money they need to barely scrape by, so that no time can be given to ponder the situation. It all has to be used "giving" to the "religion."

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

boymonkey74

I read posts in snippets and If I see something I want to say about it I will reply and then reread the op to see If anything else is worth repying to.
Run my mouth of? Aaaah did I hurt your feelings with the truth!!!

You are so far from the truth.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Again you don't know and I don't know the answers to the big questions but the truth is no man can claim to know the truth of god. You are mixing up your faith with truth.

Oh wait I better watch out incase your God does the unloving thing and gives me throat cancer...you really think God wants us to be obedient children? or do you think he would want her to allow us to evolve away from religion and use our own god given mind?.

edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I never asked for scriptures. I asked you to clarify your point in posting this thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Self edited

Do you think atheism is a form religion?

It depends on the atheist.
Each case has to be weighed on it's own as to if its a religion to the person or not.
edit on 2/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

But that's the nature of faith. You don't need an actual reason to think something, only the desire. The desire substantiates the thought and makes it fact.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Jesuslives4u
The commonly understood opposite of truth is falsehood,

Yes. And I proved on your last thread that much of your 'truth' is actually false.
Your Holy Spirit Challenge Thread
We are sttill waiting for you to acknowledge that you lost the 'bet' you challenged people to.

Do you think atheism is a form religion?

It depends on the atheist.
Each case has to be weighed on it's own as to if its a religion to the person or not.

You did not answer or address me in the alleged post you claim. Put down the joint and regroup.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 3-2-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u

You want absolute truth ... right? That's what everyone wants and you have said that truth is important. Well .. people have given you truth but you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't match your beliefs.

TRUTH - Noahs Ark didn't happen. It was proven to you that it didn't happen, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

TRUTH - There was no 'Tower of Babel'. People's different languages developed over time and with regional isolation factors. It has been proven that the Tower of Babel never happened.

TRUTH - Jews were never mass enslaved in Egypt. Millions of them didn't 'escape' Egypt and live in the desert for 40 years. It has been proven that the Moses exodus story did not happen as the bible claims.

TRUTH - Adam and Eve weren't spot zapped onto the planet by God a few thousand years B.C. It has been proven that people didn't 'come to be' as the bible claims.

You really can't yell at people that they are 'so far from the truth', when you, yourself aren't exactly standing on top of it either ... ya' know??

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think it very unlikely that self-conscious "atheism" will succeed, in the long-term, in being "over all religions".
On European experience, simple indifference on religious matters is likely to outrun it.
But I'm convinced you're looking in the wrong direction for the "competition" to Christianity. If the state of the world gets much worse, as many people think it will, then the real beneficiary in the long term is going to be the "alternative" religions.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
self edited

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Careful flyers God will give you finger cancer for typing that

Flyers is the best Christian I know because she uses her god given mind to question her religion instead of just accepting anything the priests have to say or what an old book says, yet she still has the patience of a saint

Go flyers!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Jesuslives4u

You want absolute truth ... right? That's what everyone wants and you have said that truth is important. Well .. people have given you truth but you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't match your beliefs.

TRUTH - Noahs Ark didn't happen. It was proven to you that it didn't happen, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

TRUTH - There was no 'Tower of Babel'. People's different languages developed over time and with regional isolation factors. It has been proven that the Tower of Babel never happened.

TRUTH - Jews were never mass enslaved in Egypt. Millions of them didn't 'escape' Egypt and live in the desert for 40 years. It has been proven that the Moses exodus story did not happen as the bible claims.

TRUTH - Adam and Eve weren't spot zapped onto the planet by God a few thousand years B.C. It has been proven that people didn't 'come to be' as the bible claims.

You really can't yell at people that they are 'so far from the truth', when you, yourself aren't exactly standing on top of it either ... ya' know??

Not sure who you are talking to???

No idea what you are talking about. No one has mentioned to me the above post.

Why don't you stay on topic?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

FlyersFan
self edited

I did NOT make any bets.

Are you drinking?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

FlyersFan
self edited

Don't worry it was his other account
lol

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Religion and religious thinking, that is positing idealistic notions where one does not nor can not understand, is a natural occurrence of humanity—where man doesn't understand, he invents what he thinks should or shouldn't be there. Preaching the opposite, that religion shouldn't exist, is merely positing another idealistic notion, despite evidence to the opposite. Proliferating and preaching ideal notions over other ideal notions is an act of a religious person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join