It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your personal favorit thread(Posted by you)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I was trying to browse through some old topic's in the forum section, to see if there was some topic's that i might had missed or some that was posted before i became a member that had some interesting info.

I quickly got lost cause it's a huge jungel of topic's both good, bad, debunked or simply to crazy though funny.

So i thought it might be a good idea to let members show what they think are their personal best/favorit topic posted on ATS as a member( The thread has to be made and posted by you), some lost important info or interesting read.

Edit: On a second thought it has actually also been awesome that people point at threads that are not their own, i got way more than i could have imagined, and even though they can all be found in the forum, a little xtra attention through this thread dosn't hurt.

Categories could be.

Your best info.
Your best Conspiracy.
Your best presented.
Your most crazy one.
your most flagged.

So on so on.

Tell a little about why you think it's your favorit thread, and post the link to the thread, keep it down to a few.

Members could hand out some flags for good topic's and stars for well presented, and some of the lost info could be read or reread as we show our creativity.

I hope you see it as a good idea and i'm looking forward to see what you have to show, and to read your topic's.

I havn't been the biggest poster of topics on ATS, but here is my contribution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my Personal favorit, cause i think it was well presented and had some interesting info on how the future of Archaeology is done to reveal more of our past.

FLYING LASERS REVEAL BURIED HISTORICAL STRUCTURES

And this one simply because it's awesome ancient Achitecture, and Mayas, we all like the stories of Mayas.

ARCHAEOLOGISTS DISCOVER LARGEST MAYA DAM AT TIKAL

Enjoy.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Hit my signature for my own choices.

Not mine, but these two are my favourites by other members, the first one for the theory and next-level research and the second one (still going) because the author obviously got the attention of someone - who wasn't a happy chappy(s). An all-encompassing topic too.

All Roads Lead to Rome

The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs

edit on 3-2-2014 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This may be a good idea and it might not be for a thread, you are just going to get bragging posts and big-headery all over the place.

I always link my favorite personal threads in my signature, which seems to be the "thing" to do on ATS

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
my favorite thread is this because it saved my life

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

This may be a good idea and it might not be for a thread, you are just going to get bragging posts and big-headery all over the place.

It's ok, there are no rules to this thread, just people keep it civilized.

Not everyone is showing their threads in the signature.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

My personal favourite recent thread didn't seem to hit the spot with our fine members but I still think it's an intriguing mystery involving this beautiful Roman silver hoard.
A Tale of the Sevso Roman Treasure

Thanks for the opportunity to put it out there again

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This one that I started 9 1/2 years ago -
Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train

The links probably don't work anymore, but the information is still kinda there ...
I've been fascinated with the Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train since I was a kid.
I keep hoping that someone will do a good ghost hunt and catch something of it on film to post here.

I think I'll 'bump' it .... thanks for the reminder ...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This thread because it makes me laugh, never seems to stop being updated, and has brightened otherwise terrible days for me from time to time.

I know its just a silly "funny stuff thread", but I figure with all the serious stuff we tend to discuss around here, it's very valuable

Edit to Add: Thread linked was NOT posted by me.
edit on 3-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thank you for your contributions so far

Let me remind people that the threads you show have to be made and posted by you.

Edit: On a second thought it has actually also been awesome that people point at threads that are not their own, i got way more than i could have imagined, and even though they can all be found in the forum, a little xtra attention through this thread dosn't hurt but the main rule is still your own thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Nice idea for a thread. S&F.

I'm not sure what my personal favourite thread is, but here are a couple of mine that were interesting for their own reasons:

The Atomic Bombings on Japan were war crimes and here is why!

I thought this one is probably my best. It was equivalent to walking into a death trap, lol.

While i tried to present the information to the best of my ability and with limited bias, i was set upon by a group of members for a long duration of the thread. As far as they are concerned, i was proved wrong in the OP. As far as i am concerned, the matter is still up in the air, and the incident can be considered a war crime under the conditions of war during WW2.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

This one is another one of my favourites due to a couple of reasons:

1) The information isn't well known, and i enjoyed bringing the knowledge to ATS.

2) A specific moderator had it closed down due to him thinking that i was promoting the reconstruction of history, and something to do with Nazi Germany. I got it reopened by taking it to the higher ups and stating that the moderator was wrong, and that i was only reporting history. Needless to say, it was reopened.

Too bad the photos in my op are gone. They were definitely helpful in portraying the event.

Sen Toku - The Super-Weapon Which Could Have Brought Down The USA

This thread covered a Japanese weapon which could have done significant damage to the USA, providing it had been developed on time. I thought it was a good thread of mine, as it tried again to provide lesser known information to the people of ATS. Unfortunately, the ego of a lot of members didn't like the fact that i claimed it had the potential to bring down the USA...even though it could have, provided the Japanese had developed them on time. Could you imagine dozens of planes flying over head, dropping biological weapons. It would have been madness...

My photos are missing for that thread also, unfortunately.

Anyway, i have generally been called a Neo-Nazi or Anti-American for my above threads. I try not to come off as those things, but people will slander others if their beliefs are encroached upon. Just how the world works.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Mianeye
Thank you for your contributions so far

Let me remind people that the threads you show have to be made and posted by you.

this is my only thread
so its deffo my favorite ... its how i was cured of cancer thanks to TheAlmo

edit on 3-2-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

As another poster already mentioned, the "All Roads Lead To Rome" thread. That thread is giant and has so much contained in it. It has 607 flags, and that's just gigantic. I remember Pro.Traveler, and always wondered what happened to him/her. He/she really did make some great threads.

As for my most flagged thread, well...this is a thread I made that tops my # of flags, 147. Christopher Dorner in gunbattle with authorities

That was nearly a year ago in just a few days. Looking back on it...I didn't realized the Dorner manhunt was less than a year old. It feels like it was longer than that. I lose track of time more often these days it seems.

As for my best "personal" thread (eg - I took all the pictures and wrote exactly what I saw while at said event...no external articles in OP), 87 flags, it would be this. I just got back home from Occupy the Fed Dallas/Occupy Dallas. with pics

This was right at the beginning of the "Occupy" movement. The protest here wasn't exactly, "Occupy", but it was more of a Federal Reserve protest. (One side of the street was Occupy, while the other was the Fed protest) Plus I got to meet Alex Jones, and he was the main speaker there. I kind of felt like a citizen journalist at the time.

But for the "most awesome of awesomeness" threads, it would be this (my 2nd most flagged thread). Video from inside a Tornado Intercept Vehicle Hit By Wedge Tornado in Kansas

Watch the video from inside of the tornado. It's just insane. I think this one beats out the other 2 of my threads I mentioned above.

edit on 3-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
only got 3 threads and none of them are that successful. one with most replies of 40 and half of them are by me.
can't say that i have a favorite.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Here is one I did a while ago.I still go back an re-read it sometimes. The message is sometimes what I need to remember how good things actually are.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This has been great, i would like to comment all of you individually but i'm to busy reading.

So instead i'll just do this

All the topic's so far has some interest for me and i can't believe i missed "All roads leads to rome", i'm looking forward to read that one, but because of it's massiv size, i have to save it for a rainy day, or more a rainy weekend, and have a good night's sleep before i start.

To anyone else, don't hold back, show your stuff, even a small rant can hold some visdom of interest, both for me and anyone else.

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Right now for me it is this one:

Afghanistan: An Individual Soldiers' Perspective-Part 1

Primarily because the series is not finished. That's due to a lot of reasons. Current security situation, operational security and other factors. But the second part will focus not on the Taliban, but on the country and people itself. Once finished, I think it will be my most favorite piece.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well,

My own personal favorite thread was one I did on Samuel T. Cohen, Red Mercury, Neutron bombs, and the Wiki-leaks release that mentioned Red Mercury as a "real" Material.

It was one of my first threads I tried to take "seriously" and research once I saw the reference in the WIki material that mentioned it.

Led me to Believe that Neutron bombs are real, and in the US arsenal (posted a link to an Army training manual that showed criteria for deployment)

Samuel T. Cohen

And though My highest flagged thread is in my title, The thread with 5 flags, is still my favorite of mine from a pure informative stand point.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Battle Dreadnought Aurora

Simply because it earned my writer status and I learnt I could write short stories.

P

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My favorite subject so my favorite thread, probably my most stared and flagged too so guess others liked the topic too

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
here's one of my personal favorites from a few years ago. I like it because it was a fun thread. A lot of masons came to check it out expecting a fight and ended up leaving with a smile on their faces. Its also the first one I tried out some cool picture effects in and I think it turned out looking pretty cool. It looked better before the ATS 5.4 changes.
Piss on you Freemason’s!

Here's my one and only mega-thread that I put a lot of work into and it got loads of attention at the time.
Alternative 3; A poorly timed April Fool’s prank or something more?

Here's another fun one about women's body images.
Skinny chicks: an Evil plot to dumb down the next generation?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join