It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Canada On The Defense Over Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets Whats in Your Food?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
McDonald's Canada On The Defense Over Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets, Whats in Your Food?

During Sunday's (Super Bowl XLVIII) ] McDonald's Canada apparently responded to the Over Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets with there own version of the video by showing happy McDonald's Canada employees working at a chicken slaughter house.

Claiming to the viewers that McDonald's Canada Chicken McNuggets dont have any any Pink goop. Of course as such the video's comment section are disabled.

Old Above
New Video.
Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets? McDonald's Canada answers (Super Bowl XLVIII)
Cant post the code of it.

There's no "pink goop" in our Chicken McNuggets, Armand. We use chicken breast and a natural proportion of chicken skin used for flavor and as a binder. But your question is so popular, you've inspired us to show you how they're made.

Of course they have only small part of the factory but not rest Right?

edit on 3-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Chicken nuggets scare me.....stay far away!!!! ....yuck.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
if you are going to eat any type of macdonalds you really shouldnt worry about what is in it.....just close your eyes and bite swallow and chew..............fair to say maccas is about as close to artificial food as there is out there ...

and pink goo more than likely has more nutrition than anything else they serve in that disgrace for a food company

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Not sure if this the one you are referring to…

Anything mass produced and highly processed is less food and more product.

It doesn't scare me what parts of the chicken are used (some skin?)…

more what goes into raising the birds.

ETA: I thought the pink stuff is used in their beef, not chicken? Maybe they use MCyellow goop for that.
edit on 3-2-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Still wouldn't take me back to McDonald's, Ever since money has gotten a bit tighter and I've wanted to live healthier I gave up all fast food ( save for some pizza every now and again along with some Subway ). Places like McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, etc. Were either too expensive or just were not that healthy.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm still wondering why their food doesn't degrade. Forgive me for being lazy, but I'm sure we've all seen that one already.

ETA: Oh, WTH

edit on 322014 by Snarl because: Added video anyway

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well, mechanically separated anything isn't a pretty site to see. I work with meat, and you'd be surprised how many people think that there is something wrong when we stock our mechanically separated chicken. It's only a difference in texture.

Mechanically Separated
www.propublica.org...

Ground
www.salmonellablog.com...

One looks sinister, the other looks normal. They're both the same stuff. People will say that it's the "odds and ends" of the animals, or the bits nobody wants. Who the # cares? You picky bastards. Seriously. There are only so many kinds of tissue in an animal, and as far as livestock goes it's essentially all edible. There aren't eyes and brains and guts in it. It is marrow, cartilage, and any spare flesh on the carcass. Seriously guys. So, we can eat marrow... we can boil a carcass for soup... but the mechanically separating a carcass is inherently wrong? # right off. As long as everything is kept sanitary [the issue of increased surface area for bacteria] and specific things [brain, spinal cord, organs] are kept out of the mix, there is literally not a single downside to mechanically separated food.

Mechanically separated meat [MSM] is safe and economical. 9 billion chickens were killed in 2008 for food. 35 million cows were killed in 2008. Should we really consider wasting perfectly healthy and nutritional food because we're #ing squeamish about it? Farming livestock is one of the biggest drains on our planet. The amount of resources put into it, and the amount of waste that comes out. It will destroy us if we don't slow our roll.

To be clear, I'm not defending McDonalds or any of it's particular practices. I don't support any fast food. I just can't stand people who talk all high and mighty about # they don't know a #ing thing about. If you want to man up, and admit that you're just a picky brat that only wants the breasts and tenders, go for it... but don't try and drag down MSM like there is something wrong with it. There is only something wrong with you.
edit on 3-2-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

My Ex wife worked for a major Cola company back in the day in Southern California and right across the street was a Poultry processing plant. Not a nice thing to watch as the workers would grab the chickens from the truck cages by their legs and hang them upside down on the overhead conveyor line that would take them to a location that would decapitate them by pulling their heads off as the line continued to move and their head would be trapped in a catch device.

Having said that I love Chicken.

McDonalds?

Not so much.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Welcome to mass consumerism... Did she ever tell you about the ones that managed to lift their heads at the right (wrong) time?

Poor things.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I was speaking my own visual memories from her office window. The conveyor continued on into the plant. Thankfully, we couldn't see past the first event which was just inside visual range from that angle. Needless to say she kept that windows blinds closed to the spectacle which would happen daily.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Ah ok, well you've probably been spared then.

I don't know how people can even do it... As far as western jobs go, it's underneath the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

My first hourly wage job was at McDonalds. Worked my way up to managing three stores inside of a year and half due to low wages and high turnover.

No. I won't eat there either.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lawmakers worldwide should require signs on the doors of all fast food restaurants "Enter at your own risk".

That would be the honest approach, and would only be fair to mothers hauling in their children (or, more likely, being hauled in by them).
edit on 3-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No matter where the food comes from, McDonalds or the grocery store...unless you raised it yourself to butcher and eat, you will never know what processes are taken to ensure that food makes it to your stomach. If people make the choice to eat fast food that is prepared, or processed, then they risk the facts that the cheapest methods possible are used to produce the foods. As to maximize profits in this case. Although it is good to see a corporation show its methods.

Years ago, before mass production lines were used to process beef and chicken, you would actually get a straight up real beef burger or real chicken breast sandwich. No fillers, no additives, or cheaply made Mcnuggets. Why? Because they hadn't figured out how to make as much money as possible from the least amount of effort/costs yet.

It all remains a choice to the consumer. Me, I personally like to stay away from fast foods joints. I like knowing where and how my food is produced, which is why cooking at home is the best way to dine. I won't east fast food unless absolutely necessary and even that, would be very selective in the choices made.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats a locally raised all-angus beef burger grilled to perfection at home. Make that a locally raised grilled chicken breast sandwich and it gets even better! Bring in the corn from the backyard garden and I am in heaven.

Why everyone still runs to those places instead of cooking at home...tells me their priorities are largely misplaced. I get especially angry when I watch parents run their kids to those joints daily because, "they don't have time to cook at home." Well...apparently they have much too busy lives to care about their children's or even their own health. Probably have other issues too, but that is another topic.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I gotta get myself one of those things they use to stand the chicken on. It would make taking apart a chicken easier. It should be made of stainless I guess, I have some stainless around here. Maybe my brother can weld one up with stainless welding rod for each of us, and maybe we can even modify one with a basting base to put on the fire to roast the tied chicken up.

S&F for giving me some ideas, I now have to go to my friends scrapyard to pick up some stainless materials so I can make a dozen of these things for my relatives..
My brother has a smoker made from a 250 gallon oil drum, he may need ten of them himself.

I wonder what they do with the other parts of the chicken. I bet they have a broth making section in that factory for the bones. I doubt if there is much waste, the boiled bones can also be pulverized and be utilized for many things

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I wonder what they do with the other parts of the chicken. I bet they have a broth making section in that factory for the bones. I doubt if there is much waste, the boiled bones can also be pulverized and be utilized for many things

I think you've just stumbled onto the recipe for their secret sauce...

Every time I eat MacDonalds, I get sick. No food should make you sick when you eat it, and if it does there is something seriously wrong with the food.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Snarl
I'm still wondering why their food doesn't degrade. Forgive me for being lazy, but I'm sure we've all seen that one already.

There is actually no mystery to this at all - and it is something almost unique to their regular ham/cheeseburger.

The main reason that food decomposes is bacterial growth. By a quirk of their design, McDonald's ham/cheeseburgers are a poor evironment for this to happen.

The secret is the amount of water and the shape.

1. A standard McDonalds patty weighs 45g (or 1/10th of a lb, basically). That 45g contains a relatively high amount of fat - something like 7g from what I can gather. Like all McDonalds food, it's fat instead of water that gives the juiciness. Water is actually undesireable in batch cooking products, so the water content has been lowered.

2. That 45g patty is presented as a thin, wide shape. This makes it very easy for what moisture you do have to evaporate... even inside the bun.

3. The high fat content of the burger means the condiments won't penetrate the meat, keeping it dry.

Basically it turns into McDonald's jerky!

What these videos don't show is that the bun will have rotted at least some where the condiments inside are placed. The shape and weight of the bun allows it to dry out (like the patty), but it will certainly decompose a little inside... it's simply that the bun will dry out completely before rot can fully take hold.

Fat is what keeps the bun, patty and fries looking anywhere presentable - but it's the simple absence of water that stops it rotting.

Any other product from McD's would rot - it's simply that this product is a 'perfect storm' of conditions to prevent it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder whether the wholesale animal holocaust that happens every day on this planet (billions of animals a day to feed 7 billion people) is contributing to the widespread violence of people against people and people against the environment that sustains us.

Humans have no right to call themselves 'civilized' until our food is sourced from non-sentient sources.

If it's okay to rip a chicken's head off to eat it, and okay to pay 'someone else' to do that all day long, can I do that to your pet if I'm feeling peckish? Why not, because you care deeply about some animals and don't give a damn about others?

Like bombing people from afar with drones and jet planes, just because you don't see the horror, doesn't mean it's not happening. We are a global culture awash in the agony of our fellow beings on this planet.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

That was a brilliant explanation. I owe you for the time you took typing it out.

The video still creeps me out a bit.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

My pleasure. This intrigued me before, so I looked into it.

Of course, the fact that a McD Hamburger happens to dry out rather than have some crazy preservative doesn't mean it isn't full of terrible things. The bun in particular. In essence, you should be able to make a delicious bun out of barely any ingredients. This is the ingredient list for a hamburger bun taken from McDonalds' US site.

Ingredients: Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

Wow.

And the same from McDonald's UK.

Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed, Palm), Salt, Soya Flour, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Wheat Fibre, Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).

Not as bad, but that's still an awful lot of things to make bread.
Now, I'm not a baker so correct me if I'm wrong, but I see several unnecessary ingredients in the UK recipe. I wouldn't know where to start with the American version!

It is true that the pattys are just seasoned beef, but what the ingredient list has no compulsion to show you is the antibiotics and hormones used in the production. That's the same of all meat, of course... unless you farm it yourself, of course.

Anyhow, knowing this won't stop me enjoying a McDonald's cheeseburger every now and again - life's too short to worry about everything and sometimes they really hit the spot! However, it's a good example of how even something as simple as a hamburger can seem more the preserve of a scientist than a cook when big business gets involved.

I'd love to know how different a modern McDonald's hamburger tastes compared to the original served in San Bernardino in 1940!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join