It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Christian, please answer me this (help)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

hotel1

slunteri
reply to post by CleanCare

Sincerely, I cant believe Christian nonsense is even allowed on a site which evokes denying ignorance. Quite hypocritical.

I quite agree, this site should stick to the really believable stuff like ET visiting earth in spaceships and abducting people for weird experiments

edit on 3-2-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

Then out of curiosity, what pulls you to come into this forum? Interest? Just to debunk it? There must be something that pulled you guys in here.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

StallionDuck

slunteri

Sincerely, I cant believe Christian nonsense is even allowed on a site which evokes denying ignorance. Quite hypocritical.

Denying ignorance would be to not close yourself to possibility, instead, accept it and even embrace it. To just assume that it does not exist because you don't see it could be considered ignorance.

I don't claim to have any answers. I do know belief in a collective of logical impossibilities and myths with zero evidence is bs.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

slunteri

StallionDuck

slunteri

Denying ignorance would be to not close yourself to possibility, instead, accept it and even embrace it. To just assume that it does not exist because you don't see it could be considered ignorance.

I don't claim to have any answers. I do know belief in a collective of logical impossibilities and myths with zero evidence is bs.

You claim not to have any answers in your opening sentence, and then in your next sentence you contradict that by saying you "know" something is BS

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

hotel1

slunteri

StallionDuck

slunteri

You claim not to have any answers in your opening sentence, and then in your next sentence you contradict that by saying you "know" something is BS

You got me good. You win.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

slunteri

hotel1

slunteri

StallionDuck

slunteri

You got me good. You win.

I hope you don't think I am attempting to score points off you because I am not that kind of participant, but I am afraid there are those that are just like that and will use it against you if you happen to not agree with them. I am happy to be able to say that they are not majority, I hope you enjoy being a member.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

StallionDuck

hotel1

slunteri

I quite agree, this site should stick to the really believable stuff like ET visiting earth in spaceships and abducting people for weird experiments

Then out of curiosity, what pulls you to come into this forum? Interest? Just to debunk it? There must be something that pulled you guys in here.

If a thread title grabs my attention I will view it regardless of the forum it appears in. What keeps me a member of ATS is the enjoyable discussions I get to participate in.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Fair enough. At least there is an interest. Going into a forum just to say it doesn't exist is silly, in my point of view. For me, it's hoping to find an answer I don't have for a topic that I find some interest in. I honestly wasn't directing at you more than the post that you responded to. Though they were similar, I wanted to address both combined.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He died because his followers would not support him...

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I find it weird that Jesus would say that his servants didn't fight against his capture when Peter clearly tried to within the very same chapter.

John 18
10 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.)

11 Jesus commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

Jesus rebukes Peter for fighting for him then goes on to say that no one fought for him. Maybe I'm missing something here?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

CleanCare
I sometimes go to church.

Whenever I go, the priest will always say something along the lines of "Oh lord, forgive US. You sacrificed your only Son die for OUR sins, you went through so much pain for OUR wrong doings. You died for OUR sins" etc.....

You have obviously never been to a church, no priest would say this

God did not sacrifice Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ sacrificed him self !

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Saying that The Lord works in mysterious ways is a understatement .God has a reason to hide in plain sight what the world should know but cant because of the blindness of unbelief .I just recently came across a puzzle ,or should I say something that I was puzzled by .It has to do with the Ark , the Temple of Solomon and the Two Brass pillars .Although I have read tons of explanations on the subject , this short series of vids connected the dots for me .
www.youtube.com...
Part 2 www.youtube.com...
Part 3 www.youtube.com...

In the series the speaker shares some details that even most Christians are not aware of .A worthwhile watch for all to better understand ,especially in these last days when the new world order is going to have their way up until the time they are destroyed .Just like when Jesus was crucified .A mystery to those that are still in the dark but to those looking for the truth a blessing ...peace

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

Saying that The Lord works in mysterious ways is a understatement .God has a reason to hide in plain sight what the world should know but cant because of the blindness of unbelief .I just recently came across a puzzle ,or should I say something that I was puzzled by .It has to do with the Ark , the Temple of Solomon and the Two Brass pillars .Although I have read tons of explanations on the subject , this short series of vids connected the dots for me .
www.youtube.com...
Part 2 www.youtube.com...
Part 3 www.youtube.com...

In the series the speaker shares some details that even most Christians are not aware of .A worthwhile watch for all to better understand ,especially in these last days when the new world order is going to have their way up until the time they are destroyed .Just like when Jesus was crucified .A mystery to those that are still in the dark but to those looking for the truth a blessing ...peace

Thank you for those links! I've been following this thread and am pleasantly surprised it hasn't turned to insults and nastiness yet. I will watch those later.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Another one of the inconsistencies we are told to close our minds to and ignore. Have faith the bible is true, even though it contradicts itself, it's still true.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The whole god thing. i've never been able to accept it as true, even as a child being raised as a christian. I was always the kid to ask the "uncomfortable" questions and in my life i've accepted a few opinions. 1. If god exists it's completely indifferent to our existence. 2. if god is all knowing and all powerful why would it punish an entire species for the actions of one especially since its all knowing and would have know what was going to happen. 3 if god exists and is all powerful why would it need men to suffer for eternity because of "evil" doings when it could simply erase evil.
edit on 2/3/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

God long ago laid out the rules, the LAW, for how you need to live. Despite how good you are, you will still not be able to be a perfectly good or righteous person. What most people don't consider is that when you transgress, you offend on two levels. At the basic level, you do wrong against people here on earth. You can make amends here, but you also transgress against God. You also need his forgiveness.

Christ's sacrifice was emblematic of obtaining that forgiveness. Because Christ went through what He did, we can have faith in His sacrifice to be enough to wipe away our sins, to obtain forgiveness for them, so long as we have faith and are truly repentant for what we have done.

It was the sealing of a New Covenant, a new promise, not a single one-off event in time.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

CleanCare
reply to post by Thisbseth

That's rude of Jesus to assume that EVERYONE in the future will sin on a day to day basis. What a shallow guy.

Plus, if the people 2,000 years ago did NOT sin, then Jesus would have had a happy life, no?

So, you're perfect and you have never, ever in your life committed any sin of any kind?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every one of you has not got a clue . Totally uneducated , you may think your god is right . But you ALL , unless you really know the truth, bat for the other guy every single one of you, even so called Christians .

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Jesus died so we could be forgiven, not so we would stop doing wrong. His death is not a get out of having to worry about whether or not you are sinning card. Rather it's the means to obtain forgiveness from Him when you do sin and know it and accept it and realize that it was the wrong thing to do and want to make amends and be forgiven.

Unrepentant sinners don't realize they have sinned, so why would they be seeking forgiveness?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maltese5Rhino

StallionDuck
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

But... you're forgetting. He died do our sins could be washed away. That doesn't mean that we will be washed clean then sin no more. It's a constant understanding of one's self and a constant battle to do what's right, to learn, to gain wisdom and to continue to pray for wrong doing that we still do and for others.

Oh yes and I agree that our sins where washed away as in a 'fresh start' I was just pointing out that since then people still commit to sin and it is easily repented. I always was dubious about 'sin' as it didnt have the feel of as a bad thing when it took no more than a few minutes in the confessions box to get yourself back on track with God.

Yes I know it is more for learning and bettering one self through sin. We have to make mistakes to solve problems, afterall we are only human. Mind after that line 'bettering one self through sin' I have just realised Sin itself is contridictary. We need sin to learn to better ourselves and need to be repented in order to be absolved. If we never got Sin, we never had a reason to be in Gods graces.

If it's really all that easy to "repent" through confession, then all you're actually doing is paying lip service to the process. In order to actually repent, you should feel some degree of remorse over what you did because the signals that you accept that it was wrong and feel some degree of shame/remorse.

What you're talking about is no more than the 5-year-old who does what he wants even though he knows he shouldn't and then brightly chirps "I'm sorry" afterward because he thinks that will instantly cover it up.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

CleanCare
reply to post by Akragon

i'm definitely young, and damn....i guess i'm rebellious, at least for this topic. Now that's an adjective I've never associated myself with.

I realize I am coming off very ranty throughout this thread and I apologize. Here's a short story:

When I was in middle/high school, I went to church simply because my parents did and they told me to. I "believed" in God because the church told me to. I am baptized and confirmed because I took some summer program that my parents enrolled me in. Not with force though. I could have easily told them that I didn't want to enroll in the program, but I was just a good kid so I did what they suggested. Everyone else that was baptized and confirmed along with me took the summer program with the same reasons.

I've grown a bit older since then and now I am questioning many things...and religion is a topic I've been questioning a lot.

So, basically, you're doing what is more or less natural, and you have come to the conclusion that religion somehow stung you as a child.

Before you let that massive chip on your shoulder completely turn you off, you should really explore things with an open mind and less resentment because your parents did what they thought was best for you.

My husband went the same route for a time that you did. He tried atheism for a year or so and realized that his life was just plain empty and none of the alternatives he tried to fill the void worked as well as what he'd left.

However, like a lot of posters here, we neither one attend a church. We find our own devotions and readings. He and I wind up being a church of two I guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Ove38

CleanCare
I sometimes go to church.

Whenever I go, the priest will always say something along the lines of "Oh lord, forgive US. You sacrificed your only Son die for OUR sins, you went through so much pain for OUR wrong doings. You died for OUR sins" etc.....

You have obviously never been to a church, no priest would say this

God did not sacrifice Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ sacrificed him self !

I wouldn't say no priest would. Not all of them are the best educated or most eloquent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join