It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian commander: We have targets within America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

ausername

Advantage

Guess we see who flinches first. I would suggest Russia protecting little brother Iran and China weighing in negatively on any US action in Iran is wrongly perceived by most.. and thats on purpose. I would also suggest that these movements the US outwardly makes against Iran due to them " making a bomb" has little to nothing to do with them "making a bomb".

Russia and China are less interested in protecting Iran, Syria and others in the region than they are interested in protecting financial, economic and strategic military interests in those countries.

Iran is actively seeking nuclear weapons capabilities anyone who assumes otherwise is either willfully ignorant, or just foolishly misled by propaganda. They are very close to having nukes now. There is no reason for them to stop now. It isn't just a "game changer" for them, it is a means to an end. One that the regime would use, and they are crazy enough to do it.

The USA is moving away from pressure on Iran, easing sanctions and seeking a diplomatic resolution to this because politically it would be good for the president and administration and their respective political party. It does not mean that it will lead to a more secure situation for the region and the world, in fact that really isn't the objective. They just need to score a diplomatic victory and are willing to do anything to make that happen... It can only embolden the regime in Iran.

Wake up soon, at least before the real world unexpectedly slaps you in the face.

Exactly how many times are you going to respond to my ONE post?? Any more? Youre cute with your condescension, but save it for someone else. Im not impressed with it and find it tedious.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Where is the proof on that?

Just because I said what I did about simulations doesn't mean I agreed with you or infer that I know of such simulations.
I merely stated facts as to "simulations" can't be used as a case of; because simulations mean crap when it comes to atomic weapons.

But even to play devils advocate here...

Let's say that Iran are running simulations, let's say that Iran has tested some nukes by proxy...

So what? You still haven't presented a valid case as to why Iran aren't "allowed" to have "The Bomb".
Not that Iran needs "permission", to obtain what every other country views as a deterrent.
But not that you have to, because that isn't the point of this thread...

So there you have it.
edit on 3/2/2014 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

LOL Surveys!

he Lancet surveys are controversial because their mortality figures are higher than most other reports, including those of the Iraqi Health Ministry and the United Nations, as well as other household surveys such as the Iraq Living Conditions Survey and the Iraq Family Health Surve

SURVEYS!

I forgot I was talking to an Israeli firster. When was the last time Iran attacked another nation is it 200 or 300 years?

Must have missed Iraq,afghanistan, and Syria ever wondered how a bunch of 'terrorists' had the cash an arms to fight a decade ?

That would be cash, and aid coming from Iran.

Stuff like this:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Oh yea can't forget Iran attacking them evil American students that taught the Us a 'lesson'.

Then there was Iranian mines blowing up US ships.

Then there is Irans support of Hamas, and Hezbollah that has attacked that 'evil' little country Israel.

But hey who cares.

Iran is such a 'sweet little country'.

They never did 'nothing' to no one!

Geezus.
edit on 3-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I Believe it . Most of them gather in a Back Room of a 7/11 near you .....

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your post was in two parts I responded to each separately.

Some people often find the truth "tedious" no matter how it is presented to them. I wasn't attacking you, just the substance.

Good evening nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Sovaka

In addition to what buster said; Simulations mean nothing. They can only give you an estimate.
Look at the 'Ivy Mike' test as to how math and simulated data can't account for everything.

The bigger point that is being missed is the fact they were doing the simulations in the first place. If their program is peaceful then there is absolutely no need to do nuclear explosion simulations.

Yeah really.

And.

Everyone buries their nuke plants 'underground' ! !.

Thats where all the wests 'power stations' are!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

I Believe it . Most of them gather in a Back Room of a 7/11 near you .....

Wrong stereotype. More like the back of a Halal meat shop. BWHAHA!! Sorry, had to.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Having paid some attention to what all goes on in the world the following can be stated:

In the nature of geopolitics, you have to look at it as a combination of the following games: Chess, high stakes poker and chicken. The first one who flinches loses, make the wrong move and you lose.

This is simple rhetoric, just to see where the public is sitting right now in the USA and around the world. Iran tends to make noise for 2 reasons, one is that it wants the attention of the USA, and normally it is to draw the public and the US governments attention away from its allies. So one could ask, based off of the past history, what all is North Korea and other countries are doing that it does not want us to know about until it is ready to be revealed?

But it is more than that, and it is to make veiled threats that may or may not pan out, as it knows that without its alliances with other major and minor powers in the world, it would not stand a chance.

If you look at most countries, the reality is that they all have plans that are drawn up for any and every contingency in the event of war against one or another country, including how and where to strike along with where the best first strike would be best done. I would be more surprised if they stated such and did not have any such plans, as then they would be someone to take to Vegas or Monaco and win big.

The facts are that right now I would not discount anything that they say, but at the same time would not worry about the rhetoric threats that are made. Sides when are they not making threats against the USA?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's all a moot point really. We havent gone to war with an actual army for decades, and in those decades our weapons have far surpassed anything the middle east has.

Iran will be brought to its knees and have its throat slit before such attacks could take place.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

8fl0z

Iran will be brought to its knees and have its throat slit before such attacks could take place.

You believe that will stop them from retaliating in any and every way they can?

Do you really want to assume that they can't or wont attack targets within the USA and "western" interests elsewhere?

There will be no "conventional" war with Iran, It would be a one sided slaughter, probably over within hours with massive casualties and collateral damage almost exclusively on the Iranian side... It would provide them with the religious justification and personal motivation to launch devastating "terror" attacks... Perhaps that is all they are waiting for?
edit on 3-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

UN - IAEA - all reports detailing Irans nuclear program and its findings to date on various topics.

Feel free to pursue the information - IAEA Board Report
30 August 2012 - Page 8 Section H - Possible Military Dimensions
18 November 2011 - Page 7 Section G - Possible Military Dimensions

The 2012 report builds off the 2011 report.

Latest info -
U.N. nuclear agency may press Iran on rare isotope in bomb probe - Feb 3 2014

The IAEA wants Iran to address issues in an IAEA report from 2011 that included a trove of intelligence data pointing to past activities that could be linked to nuclear weapon development, some of which it says may still continue.

Among other alleged research activity, the IAEA said it had received information regarding possible experiments linked to a so-called neutron initiator - a device that floods the core of highly enriched uranium with subatomic particles to touch off the chain reaction of a nuclear explosion. That report did not specifically mention polonium-210, however.

You will notice that the issues the IAEA has listed have yet to be addressed by Iran.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Iran is not allowed to have nuclear weapons being they are signatories to the NPT / IAEA treaties that prevent it. Iran has a right to nuclear energy, and that has been acknowledged by all nations involved, including the US. Iran however likes to spin the info by telling its people the west is trying to prevent Iran from nuclear energy, when that is in fact false.

The reason the IAEA does inspections, which are allowed under the IAEA framework / NPT / relevant treaties, is to ensure no military program is in place to develop nuclear weapons.

If Iran wants nuclear weapons then all they have to do is follow in north Korea's / Pakistan / India footsteps. They all have nukes and are not members of the treaties that prevent a nation from having nuclear weapons.

As for the simulations they are absolutely military in nature, which is in violation of the treaties. If their program is civilian only then why the need for yield detonation simulations? Its not needed for energy production. Its only needed in a lead up to actual detonation testing, which is where the articles I listed and north Korea come into play.

There would be no reason for a top scientist from Iran's nuclear program to visit north Korea to watch a nuclear bomb test detonation. The IAEA has been denied access to that scientist, even though he is listed on the IAEA as a civilian scientist involved in Irans civilian nuclear plan. The refusal to allow him to be interviewed is a violation of the IAEA treaty they signed.

Why would they hide him?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I can't answer to something I don't know; in regards to withholding an alleged scientist.

But you didn't provide proof that Iran has been shown to be using Nuclear Detonation Simulation programs.

You know I can get Nuclear Detonation Simulation software... I can't answer to how accurate they are, but considering again, it not being that accurate, I can't see how it is a cause for concern.
Even more so considering many many news outlets show diagrams of "simulated" Nuclear Detonations around the globe.
I don't see them being sanctioned or chucked behind bars for such simulations.

And to also note... You left one key country out that has not signed the NPT... Israel.

You should also fact check before you try and speak in the matter of facts;

Xcathdra
reply to post by Sovaka

If Iran wants nuclear weapons then all they have to do is follow in north Korea's / Pakistan / India footsteps. They all have nukes and are not members of the treaties that prevent a nation from having nuclear weapons.

According to;
IAEA Member States, both India and Pakistan are members of the IAEA, they are however among a few that are not members of the NPT along with South Sudan.

But pay no never mind to the primary agitator when it comes to Iran and their accusation of "The Bomb"; Israel.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Sovaka

so say screw you we're not part of the treaty any more and its ok?
its really that simple?

Jee's, why didn't Iraq just say the same thing in 2002.. this would have stopped so many problems occurring.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but it doesn't matter what Iraq or Iran are doing (or not doing)

The West and Israel clearly have their eyes set on them. Iran could be a utopia of solar energy but i guarantee you the US and ISRAEL would spin it so your all scared of the potential lethality of the suns power!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic. “America, with its strategic ignorance, does not have a full understanding of the power of the Islamic Republic,” Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami said in a televised interview. “We have recognized America’s military strategy, and have arranged our abilities, and have identified centers in America [for attack] that will create a shock.”
“All operational bases of the enemy in the region in whatever capacity and location are within our firepower,” Salami warned. “The American military option does not make a difference for us, and they can use this option, but they will have to accept the responsibility of devastating consequences.”

Iranian Threat

Does anyone see any truth to this?

With the open knowledge of the Islamic training camps in each State, and Farrakhan's meeting with the Iranian Leadership over the past few years, does it sound as if this guy may have some credibility?

edit on 2-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

see.i have been warning people for years of the The Iranian Menace and that we invade Iran to stop this threat to America.

All those crooks in Washington don't listen.They are so busy stealing and involved in bribery and corruption that they can't even defend the nation.We must invade Iran.

They are a clear and present danger.Anothor thread said they would have WMD by the end of December.It is Feb now.They could attack America anyday in anyway.

I urge you all to put pressure on Washington to invade Iran and save us all from their evil intentions.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Based solely on international law and the fact a nation is Sovereign and not run by the UN yes.

It is that simple.

It was that simple when the US withdrew from our ABM treaty with the Soviet Union (Russia).
It was that simple when Pakistan / India tested their nuclear weapons.
It was that simple when North Korea withdrew from the treaties.

The issue with Iran is based on their lack of compliance with the treaty.

I will also go so far to state that if Iran has internal laws that run counter to UN laws, their laws will be the ones used. My issue with Iran is their non compliance of several treaty obligations. Those violations are what the west has issues with (enrichment level on declared facilities that don't require the enrichment level Iran brings them to - 20% +/-).

Do I think its a good idea for Iran to have nukes? Nope and I feel the same about the US possession of them. they are expensive to maintain, their use has no value except as a deterrent resulting in the destruction of this planet (via ecosystems).

Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I would rather see the Us and Iran get rid of the nuke programs and put that money towards solving real problems we have in the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Iran is not the problem. It's not a threat either. The biggest threat to the Middle East and to America is Israel! Along with it's stooges Saudi Arabia and Qatar with their Terror Cells blowing people up in Iraq and Syria they are the threat.

At least Iran allowed the Nuclear Inspectors in to inspect their Power Stations and Nuclear Equipment! These Inspectors have been refused access to Israel's vast stockpile of Nukes and Chemical Weapons! What does that tell you? Israel is as trustworthy as a kid with an AR-15.

Let's compare Iran with America. How many countries has Iran invaded in the last 300 years? NONE!!

How many countries has America invaded in the last 300 years? Oh no! I need more fingers and toes!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

see.i have been warning people for years of the The Iranian Menace and that we invade Iran to stop this threat to America.

What threat is that exactly?
If this report is accurate, and that's a very big if, then it clearly states that any such attacks would be retaliatory in the event of any military action carried out by the USA on Iran - why wouldn't any nation seek to retaliate in such an instance or would you expect them to simply lie down and accept it?

All those crooks in Washington don't listen.They are so busy stealing and involved in bribery and corruption.....

Yeah, the crooks and corrupt are in control in most nations.

..... that they can't even defend the nation.We must invade Iran.

?
Who has attacked the USA?
Seems to me they've done a pretty decent job of preventing any attack on mainland USA over the years.
Granted, at what cost....but that's a whole different discussion altogether.

They are a clear and present danger.

To who?
Surely not the USA considering the resources and weaponry at their disposal.

Anothor thread said they would have WMD by the end of December.It is Feb now.

Exactly, its February now and guess what, still no evidence at all that Iran has any sort of viable nuclear weapon at all.
In fact Iran has sought to enter into negotiations with the US and other nations in the 'nuclear club' in an effort to resolve their differences.

They could attack America anyday in anyway.

In any way?
Hardly.
Even in Iran did have nuclear weapons they would only pose a possible threat to neighbouring nations, there's absolutely no way they could lauch any sort of attack on the US in any realistic way....whereas as others have pointed out the US could quite easily turn the whole of Iran to glass literally in a matter of minutes.
Just who poses the threat to who?

I urge you all to put pressure on Washington to invade Iran and save us all from their evil intentions.

I don't expect you to see or understand the hypocrisy and double standards in this statement.
edit on 4/2/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The very first line of the article linked to in the OP that seems to be being ignored.

A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic.

Don't attack Iran then. Seems quite simple.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

khimbar
The very first line of the article linked to in the OP that seems to be being ignored.

A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic.

Don't attack Iran then. Seems quite simple.

This is nothing new. The US and neighbors have had active disruption agents in it from just about every country we were ever at war with. Nazis, communists ect.

The "planecrash" below is highly suspected to be the work or Iranian operatives. Most of you wont remember this, but it was reported that hand held anti aircraft missiles were fired at this aircraft on takeoff and/or a possible eternal explosion. You can read through the report and see were there was disagreement among crash investigators. This action was said to be revenge for the US accidentally shooting down an Iranian airliner.

101st

Iran Shootdown

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join