It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NYPD: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If he was working on a movie you can bet the film production company had a huge life insurance policy on him. Maybe somebody figured he was worth more dead than alive. Star whackers, again?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Why do I feel like I read this story a few weeks ago? The part about hunger games rings a bell.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

A magazine known for reporting hoax celebrity deaths reported he had died last week or week before.
Sick stuff really, but also quite odd

Eta: just googled some more and apparently the hoax was a hoax itself?
edit on 3-2-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

lucid eyes
Just another liberal who, instead of picking his kids up, loses all restraint and shoots up. Back when America was led by conservative education and schooling, stuff like this would hardly ever occur.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Really? You boil this down to an "US" vs "THEM" scenario?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes, that is me laughing at you. Someone was so mentally disturbed they were numb to the successes they had, and needed the release of a "high" from heroin....

and you claim it's indicative of a "liberal" ?

Oh, and hey...let's not forget...CONSERVATIVES would NEVER do this...and if our education system were conservative, THIS WOULD NEVER EVER HAPPEN...NOPE...NOT AT ALL.....

NOW...let's take a look at just a few upstanding conservative Republicans...shall we?

- John Boehner: Alcoholic. Regularly speaks on the House floor while intoxicated.

- Sarah Palin: claims to be "born again" ("born again" is a Christian euphemism which means "I completed a 12-step program".)

- Rush Limbaugh: repeatedly treated at an in-patient facility for addiction to hardcore narcotics.

- George W. Bush: freely admits to being an alcoholic

-Dick Cheney: 3 arrests for drunk driving

- Glenn Beck: recovering alcoholic and crystal meth addict.

So, yepp...so much for your theory.

edit on 3-2-2014 by zeroBelief because: Just because this persons post was so amazingly prepostorous...

edit on 3-2-2014 by zeroBelief because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by zeroBelief because: Thought this up while I was in the shower a few minutes ago....

edit on 3-2-2014 by zeroBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Not unusual. Junkies nod out with needles in the arms all the time. If it was a large dose it could happen easy.

That or it cause a major cardiac event. Maybe it was a speedball like Belushi and Farley.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

That's ridiculous and unfair.
He was sober for two decades and had a relapse a year or so ago. You don't know, he could have done the drugs immediately after taking his kids to school and was dead 8 hours before they needed picked up.

I'm sure he wasn't like, screw the kids, i'm getting high.
He was a multimillionaire, he got it when he wanted it, not time restraints.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I believe you mean "Syndoche. New York."

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Man.. I would consider myself a film buff through and through, and I couldn't finish "The Master." I was even excited for it, and then it just was boring to me and just wasn't what I had hoped for.

Same with "There Will Be Blood," except I liked it okay. It wasn't what it was made out to be though.

The only film by that director that I think is truly great (and is truuly great) is another Hoffman film: Magnolia.

Paul Thomas Anderson also did "Boogie Nights" which is a pretty good film with Hoffman in a smaller role.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

lucid eyes
Just another liberal who, instead of picking his kids up, loses all restraint and shoots up. Back when America was led by conservative education and schooling, stuff like this would hardly ever occur.

I wish this kind of post would get you banned. There is always some moron around here who will shoehorn the false political paradigm into every single story they can find.

We don't need people like this here.
edit on 2/3/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Doodle19815
I could be completely wrong here, but isn't heroine use usually accompanied with weight loss? And is one physically able to shoot enough in the arm to OD with the needle still hanging out? (I have very little drug knowledge.)

It is very sad how the good ones seem to die young and all of a sudden isn't it. Tragic.

The reason we think of heroin addicts as being very thin is that the typical heavy user is homeless and not interested in spending on food vs drug. When you're rich and have an entourage guy to provide your H, you're eating just the same as any other rich dude.

Also, he may not have been an addict, per se. He could easily have been a casual user with little tolerance who plunged too much into his vein.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He was not an addict before he used heroin for the very first time. He made a conscious decision to use it that first time. He made that decision after hearing many times that heroin is bad and that to use it means almost certain death at some point.
Does anyone have any friends or relatives that have a different view, ie: heroin is good, you should do it, there is a great future for those that use heroin.......?

If the stupid part of the population would listen, this guy actually did a public service by being famous and ODing on heroin.

Alas, they will not listen... so his death is a waste.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Aleister

I believe you mean "Syndoche. New York."

Here's the one: en.wikipedia.org... , Synecdoche, New York, which Charlie Kaufman wrote and directed. A masterpiece. The kind of masterpiece that can leave some people depressed for weeks, as I recall from the interviews in the extras section of the dvd package.

My mistake came in not knowing it wasn't the name of the real city:

The film's title is a play on Schenectady, New York, where much of the film is set, and the concept of synecdoche, wherein a part of something represents the whole, or vice versa.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
An engine search will tell you that there has been a string of deaths related to laced heroin. In Pennsylvania, and some other states. It is laced with fentanyl and other products.

Wonder if he got one of those.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why do all the great actors have to die from drugs? Seriously. A fcuking waste. Im mad at him, and I dont feel sorry for him one bit. He was a big boy and knew what he was doing.

Rip, Dusty.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the finest actors ever, he had an illness called addiction. This is a huge loss. PSH was from my hometown of Fairport, NY. I was lucky enough to see him in his first ever acting performance on stage at Fairport High School in a production of M.A.S.H and he played Radar. He stood out even then and though it was some 30 years ago, I still remember that play. His brother is also a friend of my sister.

All of you making snide and insensitive comments on this thread need to remember that he was a human being, with family, friends, and people that loved him. You would not bad mouth someone who died from cancer would you? Addiction is an illness just the same. Show some respect for the man... even if you don't respect the celebrity.
edit on 3-2-2014 by heliophysical1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

lucid eyes

I just have one question.

Are you retarded? Im serious.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Correct.
The Reading area here in eastern PA has been affect by heroin laced with Fentanyl.

Reading Eagle

edit on bu282014-02-03T09:04:58-06:0009America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2014 09:04:58 -06009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is happening a lot in Hollywood and they do not say a word to anyone about these peoples drug addiction and abuse problems until they are dead.Then the media does some kind of weird tribute to them as if it is just some kind of tragedy no one saw coming.The Hollywood inner circles knows which actors or actresses have these problems.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

heliophysical1

All of you making snide and insensitive comments on this thread need to remember that he was a human being, with family, friends, and people that loved him. You would not bad mouth someone who died from cancer would you? Addiction is an illness just the same. Show some respect for the man... even if you don't respect the celebrity.

This is the world we live in sadly, where pathetic individuals like to post crap and insult people they don't even know.
A man has died... this man had family, friends, hopes, dreams and flaws.
He also had an addiction, an illness.

If people can't say anything nice, then say nothing.

Even supposed "well respected" members have posted utter crap in this thread.

Just pathetic.

What kind of person says "well tough, serves you right" when another human being dies?

A sick person, that's who.

Or a holier than thou prick!!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

blupblup

heliophysical1

This is the world we live in sadly, where pathetic individuals like to post crap and insult people they don't even know.
A man has died... this man had family, friends, hopes, dreams and flaws.
He also had an addiction, an illness.

If people can't say anything nice, then say nothing.

Even supposed "well respected" members have posted utter crap in this thread.

Just pathetic.

What kind of person says "well tough, serves you right" when another human being dies?

A sick person, that's who.

Or a holier than thou prick!!
The perception is the media makes these people out to be more than they are,just good at acting.Why it is weird they honor them when they are drug addicts that needed help and no one says anything.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join