It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NYPD: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday afternoon in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.

The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine exact cause of death.

WSJ.com, NYPD: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan ***This WSJ link is currently DEAD. It was working when posted.*****

It appears that just last month there were various death hoaxes regarding him that were circulating, but this is being reported by teh Wall Street Journal and picked up by various other news agencies. It appears to be real, and not a hacking or anything on WSJ.com.

Very little info so far.

ABC Link

From Twitter:

"No evidence of criminality involved in Philip Seymour Hoffman's death, two sources tell @ABC"

Update NYPost

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Apparently...just from reading a few other sources.. It may have been a drug overdose

nypost.com...
That's sad... My heart goes out to his family ~~>>

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If true it's a sad day indeed. I loved his work

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

nypost.com...

said he was found dead with a hypodermic needle in his arm...what a waste.......

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Yeah, I just saw an update from the NYT

The actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment on Sunday morning of an apparent drug overdose, according to a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because he was not certain the actor’s family had been informed of the death.

A cause of death had not yet been determined, the official said, but it appeared to have been the result of an overdose.

:/

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One of the greatest actors of this generation....... not a good day

link   

It's sad when you see a brilliant actor crumble down to the strangleholds of drug addiction. Really is a damn shame, because I feel like we see these happen all too often. RIP and I'm sorry that the addiction won here...

link   
The dude abides....

But I have no sympathy for drug overdoses....just a waste.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

WeAreSound
One of the greatest actors of this generation....... not a good day

Hmm, Ive never seen the guy. Sorry to hear none the less.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah that is really sad. He was an amazing actor imo... So young.. Only 46!!
Goodness ... that's truly sad.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The shackles of addition truly are a shame.

What causes one to seek solace in substance and the prison they then create.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

havok
The dude abides....

You may not have any sympathy for drug overdoses... But sometimes... People can't overcome their addiction.. It takes a hold of them strongly... Imo..

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

havok
The dude abides....

Not sure how you show no sympathy for drug overdoses. Do you think these addicts enjoy being addicts? Of course not, they made a mistake (were all human) at some point and was never able to break away. When they attempt to get clean but struggle over and over with relapses I feel sorry for them, because it shows they are attempting to get better, but addiction (especially to hard drugs) is very hard to break, and when you have money, fame, and lots of down time it can be a recipe for disaster...

I feel sympathy for him, his family, and friends, because I've known many addicts and I understand the struggles they go through. Drug addiction is a disease and a hard one to break...
edit on 2-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

havok
The dude abides....

You obviously don't understand addiction. Count yourself blessed.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I could be completely wrong here, but isn't heroine use usually accompanied with weight loss? And is one physically able to shoot enough in the arm to OD with the needle still hanging out? (I have very little drug knowledge.)

It is very sad how the good ones seem to die young and all of a sudden isn't it. Tragic.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

havok
The dude abides....

What a dumb statement

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

He could have been injecting anything, other than heroin. And if the drug was bad, or if he suddenly had a fatal reaction to it, or if he had something else in his system to react with it...Since it IS injected straight to the bloodstream it goes IMMEDIATELY to the heart. No first pass metabolism, nothing.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Such a waste....a brilliant actor.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with this person, but loss nonetheless, I am sure. It's sad that there was hoaxes about his passing that it actually came to be. BTW, The WSJ page says "Page Unavailable", the second links works though.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Interesting thought on the bad batch also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join