It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellington Florida, and Pinella's County Say, "NO!" to Fluoride!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont think you get it, the politicians are owned by billionaires down there if they don't want it, it isn't going to happen. Like I said a private entity constructed a whole highway almost literally over night without a permit all because they didn't want the state to put an exit close to the guys bird sanctuary. Money talks and BS walks, the people there do hold the gold and they make the rules. The title politician has little effect on who allows things to happen. Don't you live near the area? You should know what goes on there.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I get it.
Politics over science. It happens all the time.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

You have to be there to understand what it is that is being discussed, we are talking a community that probably has close to trillions in wealth the people in this community are the richest .08% in the world. They don't make decisions that will eff themselves over, when the richest people on the planet make decisions like this it is noteworthy. They have neighborhoods there where you have to own an airplane to live in and they drive there ferrari 100 feet to there private hanger and jump into there plane and fly it 20 minutes and go eat at private clubs in the keys for breakfast type of wealth.

Pinellas county: 10% live below the poverty line. 37k is the median income.

And you have a small group of politicians making medical decisions for 1 million people that is in direct opposition to every major medical and scientific recommendation to improve peoples' health and welfare.

That is tyranny

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Don't get me wrong I do get what you and the other guy are saying but being there myself I've personally seen and have heard things from very powerful and wealthy people. My last assignment with the military I was a protective services agent with a multi national organization, alot of the heads there also have property in Wellington as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was decided at city council meetings.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

LOL 30k a year in wellington hahahahahaha

here how do they afford to live in places like this

Is this what 30k looks like

That is one of many examples you have to own your own private jet to live there your home also comes with a private run way

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Common sense prevailed in this case. I always thought that the argument of the forced medication against our will held more punch than pitting experts against each other.

If folks want to medicate themselves with fluoride, then by all means do it, rather than making me pay for and ingest something I don't want to ingest.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It was decided at city council meetings.

Yes the Wellington one was. And the city council is who? Elected officials. Politicians.
The county decision was made by the county Commission. Also elected officials. Also politicians.

Politics over science.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And you have a small group of politicians making medical decisions for 1 million people that is in direct opposition to every major medical and scientific recommendation to improve peoples' health and welfare. That is tyranny

The tyranny was the decision to medicate everyone in the county against their will. Kale is good for they body and especially eyes, but none of us are forced to ingest it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

The tyranny was the decision to medicate everyone in the county against their will.

Really, all of them? None of the citizens of the county were in favor of fluoridation?

link   

Brotherman

LOL 30k a year in wellington hahahahahaha

here how do they afford to live in places like this

Is this what 30k looks like

That is one of many examples you have to own your own private jet to live there your home also comes with a private run way

I never said Wellington. I was talking about Pinellas county. Where politicians made medical decisions for 1 million people

link   

Right. But the scientific philosophy is that everyone but the scientist is dumb. We should adhere to strictly mathematically based principles and free will is a bio-mechanical process.

We need to tell them what to eat because they are too dumb.

link   
reply to post by Phage

The mayor of Wellington involved in this decision is a very wealthy mover and shaker including more then 20 years in the medical field as a professional with Proctor and Gamble

Link

the city council is an all star team of super rich and super connected corporate tools

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

More like free choice over science.

Besides, wasn't it politicians who decided to fluoridate the water in the first place?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Right.
Politics over science. You don't seem to be the one who gets it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All I am saying is if it affects Wellington the people that own that place are more rich and powerful then most countries if they don't want it they will not get it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Its not about science its about individual freedom and choice.

(science or politics)
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago2728442014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Besides, wasn't it politicians who decided to fluoridate the water in the first place?

I don't know. Possibly. So what?
The science shows that fluoridation is beneficial and not harmful. This decision was not based on science.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sure I understand that, I suppose maybe I am just beating a dead horse here. All I am trying to illustrate is the same thing you are trying to say I suppose. I do find it oddly disturbing that politics over science is the occurence.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its not about science its about individual freedom and choice.

But individuals didn't get to decide, did they? Politicians did.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join