It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Heat Maps Compared to Military Locations and Population

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I found this article while browsing Top Secret today. Keep in mind it is only an opinion piece but the author appears to have really done his research. The long and short of the article and all the maps was that there is a correlation between Navy Bases and UFO sightings. Probably not all that surprising to many of us but an interesting read none the less.

One of my favorite Google Maps mashups is also one of the most unusual – the UFO sightings mashup that draws data from the National UFO Reporting Center to present a sort of heat-map showing the most recent areas with UFO sightings in the United States. Anyone who has followed my past research knows that I love trying to explain patterns in data by correlating that dataset with matching patterns in seemingly unrelated data, similar to the bigfoot sightings that I analyzed back in 2012. Using a similar approach, I decided to take a closer look at the UFO sightings Google Maps mashup to see if the patterns in that map could be matched with the same patterns in other heat maps like Census data, population, education levels or military base locations. What those patterns revealed in this analysis was actually pretty interesting.

Link to full article

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. I knew that military bases in general, were always points of seemingly high ufo activity and reporting, but I didn't know that in specific it appears to mainly be the Navy they are interested in. Maybe they know something that we do not perhaps about some new weaponry or something along the same lines?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I think there would certainly be a correlation between population density and UFO reports/sightings, simply because the more people there are, the more reports and sightings there will be (including misidentifications of mundane and/or natural phenomenon).

To put it simply, the more people there are, the more likely there will be someone around to "have a sighting".

As for Navy bases, the locations of Naval facilities would mainly be along the coast, which also are areas of high population.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

data5091
Very interesting stuff. I knew that military bases in general, were always points of seemingly high ufo activity and reporting, but I didn't know that in specific it appears to mainly be the Navy they are interested in. Maybe they know something that we do not perhaps about some new weaponry or something along the same lines?

More likely would be that the UFOs are actually military aircraft.

Occam's Razor, look it up.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

"Navy bases".

While the Navy certainly has planes, for purposes of launching off
of aircraft carriers... one would THINK that a stronger correlation
would be with Airforce bases.. and some of those are in the middle
of nowhere.

So I'm not convinced by your argument.

Kevin

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

entirely possible IMO. I am one who believes that engineering, and possible reverse engineering of et craft has/is going on at Area 51 if not elsewhere, so while some of the ufo's being sighted could definitely be military craft.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Mamatus

One of my favorite Google Maps mashups is also one of the most unusual – the UFO sightings mashup that draws data from the National UFO Reporting Center to present a sort of heat-map showing the most recent areas with UFO sightings in the United States. Anyone who has followed my past research knows that I love trying to explain patterns in data by correlating that dataset with matching patterns in seemingly unrelated data, similar to the bigfoot sightings that I analyzed back in 2012. Using a similar approach, I decided to take a closer look at the UFO sightings Google Maps mashup to see if the patterns in that map could be matched with the same patterns in other heat maps like Census data, population, education levels or military base locations. What those patterns revealed in this analysis was actually pretty interesting.

Link to full article

Good writer/researcher and pretty cool site. Ryan Dube has done some great work as regards broader-ufology--I've learned a lot from his work--so just by him pointing it out, I know that it's at least something to consider.

edit on 2-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have really gotten to enjoy top secret news. It is one of the sites I check daily as I have found that the articles are unusually well written with lots of links to their research/evidence. Also interesting is the lack of comments. They have great stuff but unlike ATS they do not spend lots of time talking about it. IMO it's a good thing as those that do go to that site are more likely to research an article than comment on it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I'd rather see more comment & further research, like we have here (and we do have it good compared to anything else by far) but, yes, we basically agree. Good catch.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Would also be interesting if the ocean itself was a factor.
Could be underwater alien bases.. could be that the ocean
is a habitat friendly to some sort of electrical lifeforms
(the ocean sure is salty/conductive!). Could be that any
sensitive lifeforms would want to live underwater for
purposes of covert shielding from all the EMF that we
leak on this planet. All sorts of tasty alternative
possibilities.

Kevin

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Could be the Navy is the traditionally "Senior Service".....and they recovered the first craft off Catalina island in 1942,and have been on top off back engineering, ever since....
Could be Roswell is one BIG RED HERRING that with Area 51, has kept the UFO seekers occupied while the navy worked unmolested on the recovered craft or crafts.....
Could be a real Space navy up there already just like the hacker says.
edit on 3-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Jacques Vallee says that Roswell is a big red herring and I agree.
Actually I say that 'physical craft' you can 'reverse engineer' is
a society-wide psyop.. but I know that opinion (Vallee's opinion
for the most part) probably isn't popular in this thread.

When we are sold this bill of goods, that the government has all
this alien tech.. then we are more prone to obey them.. to trust
them.. to protect us.. (from a non-existent threat).. to save
society when the time is right with that alien tech..that there is
no point in opposing them.. as they will just chip us, mind control
us and shoot us from orbit with ray guns if they have to.

That 'physical ufos' are a psyop is very plain I think.. even IF
there was say 1 real occurrence of something the government
actually had.

This seems to be an electromagnetic/other form of energy
phenonemon that can appear to assume physical shapes
or can assume physical shapes.. and the government is having
a good laugh at us, that we are chasing after little green men
and physical craft and being good little sheep who want to
believe in that. There's a REASON there is no real physical
evidence.. after all these thousands of years..

Just my opinion.

Kevin

top topics

join