It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Jackman's young daughter is kidnapped as an event you anticipate. Gyllenhaal is the town's detective, first on the scene shortly after what seems to be an Amber Alert. Alex Jones (heh heh - played by freak actor Paul Dano) is the first suspect nabbed. The story turns to superficial police work (outstanding movie-detective leads) and a father's dedication to finding his daughter when the police aren't acting quickly/decisively enough.

This movie is definitely worth the watch. I'd recommend renting it rather than buying it on disk. As with most police movies, once you know how it ends, you're probably not going to play it again unless a friend comes over who hasn't seen it yet. Hence, no spoilers for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I enjoyed the film too, and with this being ATS we also have two threads regarding a conspiracy

Thread 1

thread 2

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

skyblueworld
reply to post by Snarl

I enjoyed the film too, and with this being ATS we also have two threads regarding a conspiracy

Thread 1
thread 2

Wow! Swing80s put up a great OP, and both of those are outstanding threads. Thanks for taking the time to link them here.
I'd recommend watching the movie BEFORE reading those though.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Definitely a good film, on which I had the pleasure to work.

A lot of people seemed to not like the ending, but I thought it was entirely appropriate.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Paul Dano always picks his roles and movies very well, according to his eccentricity. He is elite lol There Will Be Blood, Little Miss Sunshine... and one of his first ones many may not know about or be able to watch: L.I.E. (Long Island Expressway). The movies always somehow go against the status quo and are controversial. Especially the latter, in which he plays a young teenage boy befriended by a pedophile.

But this movie was great - an epic thriller. I was captivated all the way until the red whistle. I checked out the other threads and noticed how other people picked up on the heavy symbolism in the movie. I wouldn't mind finding out the origins of the maze necklace symbol Papa Psycho always wore. It seemed familiar and somehow meaningful. Lots of references to mind control and manipulation and creating alters. Interesting that one of the first abductees should later grow up to be the 'Alex Jones' character.

edit on 2014-02-04T20:25:33-06:002014Tue, 04 Feb 2014 20:25:33 -060033pm25Tue, 04 Feb 2014 20:25:33 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Tons of subliminal stuff in this movie. The website vigilant citizen went over it, but the amount of religious attacks on a subconscious level surprised me. The first scene of Hugh Jackman telling the kid about preparing for disaster was obviously a mind plant. Probably a real warning to us. Like World War Z ( World War 3)

top topics

join