posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
Chances are, at some point you have had this kind of a test in some form. The version that I'm giving everyone is the one I was given in high school
(although I first took this test in 5th grade).
Imagine that at some point in the future, humans have discovered another planet that was capable of supporting life, and have already established
several colonies on this planet. You, wanting to start your new life there, have signed on with a transport that can get your there in 5 months time.
The only problem, is that space is at a minimum, so to reduce baggage, you are asked to only bring 5 personal items with you. This is assuming that
all the basics (clothes, food, hygiene products, etc) are already taken care of. What items would you bring, and why?
Now, excluding the horrible plot line, and forgetting the fact that I was graded on my answers, these are the 5 items that I would bring with me:
1. My trumpet or violin. Reason? When I get there, I'm assuming that I'd have to work for a living - you can make money as a musician, and I'll bet
no-one on this planet has already thought to do it. Plus, I could sell the instrument off if I had to for starting cash.
2. An art supply kit - This would mostly be for me to kill the 5 months on the journey, but also could be used to attempt to make some cash on the new
3. A box containing photos of friends and family - If you're going to another planet, you're probably going to stay there, and not be able to see
4. A backpack Bob (Before someone cries foul, I consider a backpack bob as one item, because everything is inside the backpack, which means it only
occupies the space that the backpack does). My reason here is that I'd want to have something just in case I have to rough it on the planet.
5. A crystal skull - Unlike all of my other items on the list, this one is purely aesthetics. I was given it as a very personal gift, and it's one
that holds a lot of memories, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
So, what would you guys & girls bring?
PS: The other version of the test doesn't let you bring physical objects, but rather it lets you bring 5 smells, 5 tastes, 5 sights, 5 sounds, and 5
touches. Due to the character limit, I'm not talking about this one, but the one outlined above. Feel free to talk about what "senses" you'd like
to bring along.