It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little help with the illuminati.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
SBNF. ( Searched But Not Found)

I need some help here folks. Is there two Illuminati? The Illuminati I am familiar with is the one from Copernicus to Galileo to Weishaupt. If that Illuminati still exists today I do not see today's versions of the aforementioned convorting with the likes of Jay-Z and Co. I'd imagine the dinner table would be quite starved for conversation. Vice versa I'm sure. I can't imagine Hova wanting to bang knowledge with some guy who's brain can handle stuff at a quantum rate. That's really all I got at the moment.

Thanks for reading
-BC-
edit on 1-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Cuz Phage said so.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

All of that Jay-z crap is to sell records. It's a propaganda stunt. The modern pop stars have no substance so they use Illumunati/occult stuff to make them seem interesting and to get people to talk. And it works!
edit on 2/1/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: It works!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wasn't/isn't the Bavarian Illuminati also one of them?
Firepiston
edit on 1-2-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Illuminati is the plural, you don't need the (s).
The singular would be illuminatus, or illuminata if you were referred specifically to female members of the group.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

The Bavarian one I believe is more talked about/nefarious one with Weishaupt. The version I prefer is the one that the church got all uppity with. From there free thinkers went "underground". They wanted to enlighten folks on how stuff really worked , so to say.

edit on 1-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Nunc scio

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage. Appreciate that. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

On another note you seem cranky today.
edit on 1-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No more so than usual.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

BlastedCaddy
reply to post by FirePiston

The Bavarian one I believe is more talked about/nefarious one with Weishaupt. The version I prefer is the one that was formed after Copernicus dare proclaimed that the sun was the center of the universe. He was declared a heretic by the Catholic Church and burned at the stake. From there free thinkers went "underground". They wanted to enlighten folks on how stuff really worked , so to say.

Copernicus was never burned at the stake. He died of a stroke…

Copernicus faced no persecution when he was alive because he died shortly after publishing his book

www.studentpulse.com...

Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake… but he didn't claim the sun was the centre of the universe,

He even advanced beyond the sun-centered astronomy advocated by some of his contemporaries. His own model of the world is free from any fixed point of reference. In retrospect, it may be claimed that his pioneering thought actually fathered modern cosmology.

He overcame the myopic earth-centered framework of his time with a challenging but liberating sidereal view of things: in the cosmos, there are an infinite number of stars and planets (as well as comets and moons) more or less analogous to our sun and earth, respectively. He even envisioned an infinite number of solar systems, cosmic galaxies, and island universes strewn throughout this boundless reality.

www.theharbinger.org...
edit on 1-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't think it's fair to judge Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) like that without knowing him personally.
I do not listen to his music or anything, however there is no reason why he cannot be an intelligent and well read individual.
I would bet he is smart and can hold a deep convo.

By the way "Illuminati" means :

[C16: from Latin, literally: the enlightened ones, from illūmināre to illuminate]

Anyone can achieve that if they are willing to try.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well don't I feel silly.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We'll folks I apologize for some bad info sharing on my part. A while back I could have sworn I watched a HC doc on that. I'll go and edit that. Thanks for the enlightening moment Boncho.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My opinion of Jay-Z is somewhat biased because of his past.

I thought I eluded to that with the whole enlighten folks line. After all, it's ATS. That would be conventional wisdom around these parts.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Phage

No more so than usual.

Phage isn't cranky, he's direct.

As an aside, how come I can't star your post?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am only aware of the Bavarian Illuminati, a group which was founded by Adam Weishaupt during the enlightenment era. I really don't think they were all that bad though, as they weren't some big evil entity looking to control the world. Rather, they wanted to enlighten people, much like a lot of us want to do today. They were a society based around knowledge and illumination (enlightenment).

The official records stated that the Bavarian Illuminati had perished not long after they were formed (May 1, 1776 - March 2, 1785). It was said that an edict passed by Bavaria resulted in the banishment of Freemasonic and Illuminati groups within the country, which is said to have led to the demise of the Bavarian Illuminati as a result. I'm not sure what to think about it though, as the Illuminati had lodges throughout Europe, much like the Freemasons. So since the Freemasons continue(d) to thrive, even after being kicked out of Bavaria, wouldn't it be logical to assume that the Illuminati had a fair chance of survival as well?

I'm not sure what to think on the above possibility, but i know for a fact that if the 'Illuminati' exists today, it is a completely different incarnation as to what it was back in the enlightenment era.

edit on 1-2-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

All of that Jay-z crap is to sell records. It's a propaganda stunt. The modern pop stars have no substance so they use Illumunati/occult stuff to make them seem interesting and to get people to talk. And it works!
edit on 2/1/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: It works!

That is not exactly true.

Now, while Jay-Z does know about the occult, it is mainly the producers and not the artists who put the imagery and other references there. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, OTO, and many groups within Freemasonry are heavily involved in the music industry (and have been throughout the industrial age).

It is just another part of the "externalization of the hierarchy." People confuse the Illuminati with Theosophy. This is really a theosophical influence.

So no, it is not solely to generate hype. It is part of the externalization of the "ancient mystery schools" which really are not mysterious anyways and were not secret even before the early 1900s when the so called externalization began.

A lot of the hype comes from the illusion of secrecy. It is not very much of a secret at all and never really was. That illusion of secrecy is indeed intended just for that purpose - to generate hype. People like to feel like they know something "esoteric." People want to have a purpose to their life, even if that purpose is really just an illusion.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Like many other semi-secretive groups, the Illuminati found a home within Freemasonry. George Washington wrote about this and seemed concerned about it. Interestingly enough, at some point after that George Washington separated himself from the Freemasons.

To be honest, I think people pay so much attention to the idea of the "Illuminati" because the name sounds cool. Not much else to it. It is just another branch of "esoteric" thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

He is smart but definitely not wise. Just another fool. A clever fool, though.
edit on 1-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
Interestingly enough, at some point after that George Washington separated himself from the Freemasons.

And you are basing this statement on what evidence?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, OTO, and many groups within Freemasonry are heavily involved in the music industry (and have been throughout the industrial age).

What 'groups within Masonry' are involved in the music industry?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That has got to be the lamest avatar I have ever seen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join