It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon intelligence official says Chinese hypersonic weapon poses major challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

if I were China and had such a weapon I would be at the U.S. in a heartbeat. When does" talk " become action and what effect does this type of news have on anyone really.

I don't know, maybe we will just throw our hands up and give up in the eye's of such a threat, nothing would surprise me with this administration.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

But realistically unless someone uses a nuke against the USA they won't fire no matter how much chest pumping and mentions of glass deserts we see on here and if china could target carriers and their battle groups both at home and at sea in one big zerging missile rush the removal of those carrier groups even if they're not sunk just damaged so needing repairs before being back to combat status would cause a major shift in the military power which by the time the dust settles who knows what the new world map will look like

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Blue_Jay33
If America ever loses a carrier, well there reaction might be almost the same as if a small city got nuked. Much less by unknowns has been done to them in the past and they way over reacted even against the advise on the generals. A loss of a carrier with hundred of causalities, would be like a Pearl Harbor to the Joint Chiefs.

It would actually make a perfect false flag op as well.

---
Your right...but that would be a billion dollar military asset down the drain, I don't think the powers would go that far.
BUT....
Should that happen, us Americans would cry for literal blood and I know military mentality, the world trade center would pale in comparison to your scenario should it ever go down.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When their is a will their is a way. That goes for both sides of the fight. The US think they will last forever? No.

The US planted so many seeds of hate in so many different countries, I hate to say this but this will catch up to them and bite them in the ass some day.

Till then our children will be caught in the middle of all those "great" past leaders' decisions that were made to "secure" our future.

What a jip.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

peter vlar
. likewise Russia could build more and build it cheaper but like their modern Chinese counterparts they also built them somewhat inferior.

Really? Id rather fly in a Soyuz than a American shuttle!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ohh I guess

Red Dawn
www.reddawnfilm.com...#/home

Well with the Free Trade Agreement with China from the Early 80s a Communist Country at that .. when the Cold War was Still Going On ..

What Little People didnt Know was we have been at War with China During the Cold War! Korean War Vietnam Mostly . Sizing up with Russia ..

No one Suspected this would Happen !??

Red Dawn (2012 film)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Communist China Professor of today

CAGW TV AD: Citizens Against Government Waste highlights U.S. debt owed to China

What is So Similar and likeness of a Futurist Commercial in the 80s
During the Still going on Cold War with the Soviet Union another Communist Country

From WR Grace Deficit Trials in 2017

They Predicted ! for 2017 in is Now 2014 but in the 80s 1987
they didn't know it was going to be far Worse ! then they thought of ...
with the Soviets and China of Free Trade Agreement which killed the American Nation by Far..

WR Grace Had the Idea they ran this Commercial i 1987
but it was only till the Government and News Stations Banned the Commercial

The Government didnt want People to have any Ideas and to Think ..

Here the Results Explaining this !

Networks ban W.R. Grace's Deficit Trials (1986)

Ridley Scott TV commercial on rising deficits get no love from networks.

The American Government Created their Monster!

and if the Aggressiveness starts a Conflict !

I can foresee China will have their Sidekick country go along with them !

the 4th biggest Military in the World ! North Korea

Add to this ! a Scary Twist Prediction...

and part of this Did happen NK. Leader j Kims Son did take Over and he has been making threat all over latley

Prediction from a PC Game Called Home Front

Are you ready for the dark, future of war in Homefront? Watch this story trailer for the military game and prepare to defend the USA from disaster and invasion.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The US has laser and energy weapons that should be more than capable of taking these out...The Chinese are smart.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

pheonix358
The one thing the US can do right now is to project force at long range via its carrier task groups.

Those days are over and this is the problem for the US.

Send in a carrier task force and by Hyper Sonic Missiles or by Subs, you can kiss them goodbye.

Force Projection becomes more and more difficult.

P

Actually, those days are not over in technical terms...First of all, this hypersonic weapon is in development. It is not anywhere near to being deployed at this moment. It is at the prototype stage. The US is also developing hypersonic missiles, and has tested them numerous times already...So this isn't "new" technology, and it certainly isn't unique to Chinas military.

Secondly, this is nothing more than the US military industrial complex using China as an overt "threat" so that politicians can funnel even more taxpayer money into the defense contractors coffers. In reality, China does not possess the military to challenge the US (something even Chinese generals acknowledge). But that doesn't stop the military industrial complex from using them to forward their agenda.

The biggest navy = the biggest target group. China knows this which is why she concentrates on Defense.

Of course China focuses on defense. Most countries do! The US force is primarily designed for offensive theaters with the ability to deny their adversary the ability to amount a counter offensive. The US doctrine is to strike swift and effectively in order to neutralize the enemies defenses. Overwhelm them with superior firepower/technology and own the theater of war.

The US has several countermeasures that they have developed and are continuing to develop. Laser defenses, rail guns, electronic warfare with the ability to fry and jam the electronic components of the enemies missiles mid-flight, radar jamming capabilities, Phalanx, and SM-3 interceptor missiles. Not to take anything away from China, but to say that the US does not have adequate defense capabilities on its trillion + dollar naval assets is quite humorous though.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

crazyewok

peter vlar
. likewise Russia could build more and build it cheaper but like their modern Chinese counterparts they also built them somewhat inferior.

That's because out space flight accidents were public knowledge. The amount of Russian space disasters kept under wraps would blow your mind. Though the Soyuz craft itselfwasnt the problem it was the
rocket assembly that usually malfunctioned.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

crazyewok

peter vlar

Joe Rogan had a podcast where he talked with the Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield. He flew in both the Russian and American spacecrafts. He said the American craft was by far superior in technical engineering feats, and in comfort. He said that the Soyuz felt like it could come apart at anytime and felt more dangerous.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

crazyewok

peter vlar

--
Yea, really. www.nbcnews.com...
Actually...YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD CRAZYWOK, IF I HAD THE CASH, ILL GLADY PUT YOU ON ONE OF THOSE.
--
All in all, chinese HyperSonic missiles? no water off the US back.
Again as I stated before, nothing new, nothing to fear nothing to see, move along folks.
We all know there are two kinda of crowds that come to these kinds of threads, including myself.
Amurika!!! or Anti-American...with a sprinkle of genuine 50/50.
I'm all about American Military Might, what of it?
Never show your best hand...

edit on 3-2-2014 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
China was actually able to launch a unarmed mirv warhead off the coast of California. It's was a response of America(?) firing one over the Chinese mainland. Both happened awhile back, and didn't get much press. But videos exist on the internet. Also, an earthquake destroyed a huge weapons cash that was held in China, and a black weapons project was suspected. China doesn't necessarily need to be more technologically advanced. What they are doing is gearing their technology to defeat our defenses, while America is always bigger, faster, stronger. The hypersonic delivery system has been attempted by all major powers, only China has kept it stable in flight. It is significant because it defeats current missile defense. They also built a missile designed to cause catastrophic damage to carriers. China also has the ability to deck their military in head to toe bulletproof, and field a million man army. Chinese subs have been popping up beside US battlecruisers during war games with the Japanese. America allies are almost all pulling support as an effect of the NSA scandal. I as an American, would say that these are all very troubling signs. Its almost as if these are calculated moves to bring about and win world war 3. It looks scary on paper. I pray for the world in the next ten years. I could not even resemble what it looks like now. Just for safety, might want to get somewhere near a border.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Also, from what I've heard, they also possess a HAARP system. And it's supposedly can pull down things from orbit. Remember all the satellites that began crashing to earth a little while back? I'd be willing to bet they weren't just old relics like they said. It's getting scary out there.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Quite hilarious to see the mocking in here. The Germans likely did the same in the 1930's about the USA. Amazing what a few years, world leading manufacturing, and a boastful opponent that displays most of it's cards will do to a military. To think US tech can't be countered by thinking outside the box is absurd. Military tech has progressed through counters for millennia, and will continue to do so after we are all dust in the wind, due to our barbaric nature.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That's the NWO Playing dumb making it look like America is falling behind, when infact America is light years ahead of any nation. Antigrav since 50's, Secret Space Navy. It's a joke to think any type of rocket is a threat. If China's a threat it's cause the NWO allow it to happen.
edit on 3-2-2014 by CosmicEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

rock427

crazyewok

peter vlar

Joe Rogan had a podcast where he talked with the Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield. He flew in both the Russian and American spacecrafts. He said the American craft was by far superior in technical engineering feats, and in comfort. He said that the Soyuz felt like it could come apart at anytime and felt more dangerous.

Except it didnt come apart and the shuttle did........twice.

Engineering feats, size and comfort dont alway equal safer.

edit on 3-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

peter vlar

That's because out space flight accidents were public knowledge. The amount of Russian space disasters kept under wraps would blow your mind. Though the Soyuz craft itselfwasnt the problem it was the
rocket assembly that usually malfunctioned.

That was the Vostok programs were the secrecy issue is in debate. The soyuz all the accidents were public. Both soyuz accidents were based on silly issues that were more down to carelessness than fundemntal issues with the craft. Both happened at the beguining and both issue were fixed and can never happen again. Unlike the shuttle that had catostrophic events at the start and end of its career.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Arnie123
.YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD CRAZYWOK, IF I HAD THE CASH, ILL GLADY PUT YOU ON ONE OF THOSE.
--

Please I would glady go.

Only on a soyuz though.

Wouldnt catch me dead on the US shuttle even in a museum.

Funny how you yanks get all defensive over your stupid shuttle. That useless white elephant likley set NASA back 30 years. wings in space are stupid. Hense why even NASA abondoned the idea with the orion capsule.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by 727Sky

You know it's funny..

Not to take anything away from China's hard work and determination to make advancements but all too often I hear about how China caught up to the US/West with this tech or that. Meanwhile, Nothings usually mentioned about how their rocket program was floundering for years and not too soon after Clinton committed treason approved the transfer, China's space program began to make progress by leaps and bounds.

Now as far as this latest development. How does MAD not still play a part? Your post focuses on defense. The concept of MAD very explicitly means Mutual Assured Destruction. These new types will hit their marks but nothing is said about the overwhelming retaliation that would assuredly follow from subs and bombers etc.

So, in essence, aren't we back at square one?
*Just with another reason for even more Trillion dollar Defense spending?

I believe that this is the point of sharing progress with America's opponent!
So Smedley Butler's war is a racket seems to keep mocking our society.
No matter how more advanced America seems to be there is always
someone who is not far behind, by design!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Really?? Be our guest!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join