It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Gears Up To Start Selling Your Medical Records To Anybody Who Wants Them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Those of you who live in England and Wales need to opt-out of the governments plans to sell your NHS medical records to anybody who wants to buy them. It starts in March.

www.theguardian.com...

There is no anonymity, they'll sell your DOB, gender and post-code, so it will be simple to run a third party check on other databases to connect real names to these patient records.

You really do need to start writing to your MPs about this, because you don't need me to tell you the very chilling implications. Please, opt-out. And soon, because GP surgeries have apparently already started sending off data.

... and you won't have heard about much of this from the MSM it seems...

There's quite a lot of good information in the comments here:

www.nhs.uk...

And a friend of mine just spoke to her GPs receptionist about why it was so difficult to opt-out, and the receptionist said they'd had no training and no directions on how to do it, and the receptionist was very much of the opinion that this is because they wanted to make it as difficult as possible for people to opt-out.

Nye Bevan, by Peter Wicks.

Bevan would burst from the grave
If he could witness the chaos
In the NHS that he made

They're taking it apart, bit by bit
Flogging it off to slick city spivs
Ripping off us all, by underhand tricks

Paying off the doctors
That keeps them "on side"
As they divide up the spoils
Which they called PFI

Asking for a fortune
For life saving drugs
We paid all our charities
Now they take us for mugs

Who is making a killing?
As they start flogging it off

The Traitors in Parliament
With hands in the till

They don't give a fig
For the dying and sick
Nye Bevan is crying
Deep in his grave

As his cherished creation
Goes the American way

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Painterz
Those of you who live in England and Wales need to opt-out of the governments plans to sell your NHS medical records to anybody who wants to buy them. It starts in March.

www.theguardian.com...

There is no anonymity, they'll sell your DOB, gender and post-code, so it will be simple to run a third party check on other databases to connect real names to these patient records.

You really do need to start writing to your MPs about this, because you don't need me to tell you the very chilling implications. Please, opt-out. And soon, because GP surgeries have apparently already started sending off data.

... and you won't have heard about much of this from the MSM it seems...

There's quite a lot of good information in the comments here:

www.nhs.uk...

And a friend of mine just spoke to her GPs receptionist about why it was so difficult to opt-out, and the receptionist said they'd had no training and no directions on how to do it, and the receptionist was very much of the opinion that this is because they wanted to make it as difficult as possible for people to opt-out.

Nye Bevan, by Peter Wicks.

Bevan would burst from the grave
If he could witness the chaos
In the NHS that he made

They're taking it apart, bit by bit
Flogging it off to slick city spivs
Ripping off us all, by underhand tricks

Paying off the doctors
That keeps them "on side"
As they divide up the spoils
Which they called PFI

Asking for a fortune
For life saving drugs
We paid all our charities
Now they take us for mugs

Who is making a killing?
As they start flogging it off

The Traitors in Parliament
With hands in the till

They don't give a fig
For the dying and sick
Nye Bevan is crying
Deep in his grave

As his cherished creation
Goes the American way

And how on earth does one opt out? Can they?
Surely if the data is already there then is it possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

The data isn't all out there yet, I understand GP surgeries are in the process of collecting it and sending it away at the moment.

But yes, once it's out there will be no putting it back in the box.

You need to contact your GP surgery to opt-out, every household in England should have gotten a leaflet through the door about this last week, but they were bundled in with general junk mail and very easy to miss.

There's a link to the leaflet on the NHS website link I posted.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The question is do we have a case to legal proceedings if your gp has breeched the opt out codes? Now I told my gp that I dissent to the summery care record to be digitalised and uploaded and its on my record but I have seen my gp writing details on my records on his computer. Now does this mean that they have breeched the SCR?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Hi OP,

Thank you for the heads up. I was not aware of this

For anyone that wants to opt out here is a link to a site from the NHS comments with an opt -out letter that you can send to your Doctor with the Dissent codes to put on your file requesting that your data is not shared.

nationalhealthaction.us7.list-manage1.com...

Once again, Thanks OP
edit on 1-2-2014 by Chenbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Bump for this. 1st March is the cut off date. More privacy out the window with little to no warning.

www.theguardian.com...

Details on how to opt out here

www.faxyourgp.com...

medconfidential.org...

edit on Vamp2014uTue, 18 Feb 2014 03:13:34 -06001392714814K by VapourUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The whole idea of data protection is a complete joke anyway, whether we opt in or out of anything.

The UK government and it's agencies has been outsourcing data jobs for years, often to foreign owned and located companies. They used the determination that those companies were safe and secure, and that the country was on the "safe harbour" list. I still wonder though why I was not consulted, after all, it is MY data and personal details that are being sent abroad, without my say so..... where is the protection?

Other data gets sold over and over again to telemarketing companies. For the last 2 years, I have been getting calls on my office phone for a Mr. Charlie Jones, from multiple companies. I usually take the time to explain that he doesn't exist, that this is a business number and to kindly take the number off their database. Following week I'll just get another call though from another company. Same with my mobile number. where did these companies get the info from? We are all databased and catalogued for consumerist / marketing gain, government watching and a host of other reasons, so any pretence at Data Protection seems a little futile and pointless. Hell, even the last census was outsourced to a US Military contractor!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Hey I get that, whether it is the illusion of choice or not (illusion probably) atleast we get the choice this time

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure glad this can never happen in the United States. We've been promised with all certainty and no questions about it, this can never happen here. Indeed.

Whew.. I hope you folks can reign in that NHS. Thats scary stuff there, just turning out medical records like the mailing list to readers digest.

No Sir.. Can't happen here, because they said so.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Well, I'm sure glad this can never happen in the United States. We've been promised with all certainty and no questions about it, this can never happen here. Indeed.

There's been an industry selling and distributing individual medical records in the US for almost 10 years. When you visit a medical facility, they have you fill out forms. If the tiny legal terms and conditions glazes over your brain and you don't read and understand every word, there's a chance that your medical records have already been transfered to the information databases, ready to be delivered to anyone on payment.

It's another source of income for medical providers with zero integrity.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
But of course if you do 'opt out' you make it onto a different list and that might be prove to be a worse choice a few years down the road.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Whew.. I hope you folks can reign in that NHS. Thats scary stuff there, just turning out medical records like the mailing list to readers digest.

Problem 1,245 why having government control healthcare is a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

juspassinthru

Wrabbit2000

There's been an industry selling and distributing individual medical records in the US for almost 10 years. When you visit a medical facility, they have you fill out forms. If the tiny legal terms and conditions glazes over your brain and you don't read and understand every word, there's a chance that your medical records have already been transfered to the information databases, ready to be delivered to anyone on payment.

Interesting premise. Any evidence to support this statement?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

johnb
But of course if you do 'opt out' you make it onto a different list and that might be prove to be a worse choice a few years down the road.

Haha this crossed my mind. But I'm a criminal in 'their' eyes anyway what does it matter.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Governments always safeguard our data right?

I would encourage everyone to consider opting out. While the whole data sharing thing is out there, there is scant information on how we as individuals can control who has and has access to our data.

As a dragon might say, I'm out.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This way we'll be able to keep tabs on anybody
Who did something 'not too bright'.

# 174
edit on 18-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

juspassinthru

NavyDoc
Interesting premise. Any evidence to support this statement?

Call it a "conspiracy theory". BTW, non-public police databases are sold also.

top topics

join