It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden - the Weaponization of Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

How does it further the marxist agenda of his alleged soviet handlers when all this patriot did was to expose that it was the US government themselves who rebuild the Stasi on steroids?

Snowden merely exposed the abuse... those wo committed it are the criminals, no?
edit on 2-2-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The truth is and should be used as a weapon. It only hurts those with secrets. Only those with something to hide have secrets. I realize that there could be some gray areas but...on the whole transparency in government is good. I mean, take Roswell for instance. Maybe there was no aliens there but why are some documents still classified...and I mean documents that don't disclose private information about servicemen etc. This all ties in with Snowden and other whistleblowers and journalists trying to dig for the truth. Our governments hide all of this crap in the name of protecting the country and the public but really it's just BS. It's all about money and power and keeping the citizens in line. They know so much about us that if citizens even started talking about revolution, even a peaceful one, they could crush it instantly with the information that they have on every one of us. These weapons of information and truth are already being used against us. What Snowden did was turn the weapon back on the enemy. Well done Mr. Snowden. Well done and thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

amazing
The truth is and should be used as a weapon. It only hurts those with secrets. Only those with something to hide have secrets.

Everyone have secrets, everyone has something to hide, even you.

And that's not necessarily bad. Only a narrow-minded individual would assume that secrets are evil. If a hacker asked me what's my NIP so he can hack into my bank account, I would lie to him. If a killer asked me where is my wife, I would keep her location secret so to save my wife. Secrets can sometimes save lives.

I think for instance that codes for the launch of nuclear missiles should always stay a secret. Otherwise a bunch of loonies from this Human Extinction Movement would just have to type the code and end life on Earth.

edit on 3-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

ColCurious
Snowden merely exposed the abuse... those wo committed it are the criminals, no?

It's not much exposing the abuse that bugs me as an investigator. It's exposing the abuse of only one system: the USA's National Security. He didn't exposed any of the abuses and criminals in Russia. He didn't exposed any of the abuses and criminals in China. He pushed the USA's National Security off the cliff, and China & Russia are just standing there, watching and laughing. Was it really impartiality? Was it really patriotism? Didn't it occur to anyone that some foreign country wants the USA's national security to break up? And that these spreading of "truths" (and lies) is a mean to achieve that goal, by making the American people a bunch of scandals-addicted rebels?

What will happen if US's national securities get shut down? Will it be the american people who will defend the whole of the USA against nukes & terrorism from China, Russia, NK, Iran, etc? Is a 300-year old paper more important than the safety of every men, women and child who lives in the United States of America? Is it really time, now that the World is in the middle of a crisis, to break up the USA's national security? Are the people blind enough to believe that absolutely no countries have something to gain from the break up of the USA's national security, and will back this breaking-up at any cost?

edit on 3-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

reply to post by ColCurious

Hey, what do you know?

Iranian commander: We have targets within America

The commander's words:

A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic. “America, with its strategic ignorance, does not have a full understanding of the power of the Islamic Republic,” Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami said in a televised interview. “We have recognized America’s military strategy, and have arranged our abilities

top topics

<< 1   >>

join