It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barking dogs!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
AHHHH i can't stand barking dogs!

It's after midnight here and there is a dog in the neighborhood across the fence that won't shut up! I called non emergency and she went to the house but nobody is home and the dog is outside. It has been barking now for 4 hours!! It is causing every other dog to bark as well as the neighbors dog next to me which makes it sound like it's in my house! It is waking up my son and really pissing me off.

I have been listening to this dog bark non stop most nights during the week since we moved in. Tonight was the last straw and is why I called the cops. I am however not the only person who has called on this so I don't feel so bad but why should I even feel bad at all?? It is unacceptable to have a dog bark that friggin long. It is beyond annoying as well.

I can't get any sleep and my son keeps waking up because of it too. I'm in apt complex and this dog is in the neighborhood across from us on the other side of the fence. It's not a small dog because the bark is deep and LOUD! It never shuts up! It's also imo too cold to leave a dog outside. It probably wants inside and that is why it's barking so much. I honestly feel bad for the dog.

The female officer I spoke to was really cool and nice. I told her i felt bad and she said not to feel bad and that others have called as well. She contacted the owner but they were not home and she left the person a message. She will also be making a complaint with animal control because it IS a noise violation. This dog barks all hours of the night and tonight was the last straw.

I don't know why people have pets if they can't take care of them properly.

As I type this all i hear is this damn dog! OMG I want to pull my eyes out!

edit on 1/31/2014 by mblahnikluver because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I would buy a sack of dog food, a water bowl and see if a bit of food and water would help. A lot of times barking dogs are neglected dogs.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
stick some valium in a cake and throw it to it zzzzzzzzz then knock lumps out of the owner in the morning

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

seentoomuch

I would buy a sack of dog food, a water bowl and see if a bit of food and water would help. A lot of times barking dogs are neglected dogs.

I don't even know what house it's coming from! If i didn't have my son I'd be walking in that neighborhood like the cop had to to find the house!

I feel bad for dogs that are left outside all night esp in the cold. It is barking for a reason! It wants to be inside not outside. It is STILL barking right now.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You've got a friend in me. I feel your pain 100%! My wife and I are in the process of getting things in order, so we can sell and move the heck out of here where we live.

Best of luck to you in your situation. There is nothing more annoying than a dog that barks... and barks, and barks, and barks.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sorry for all concerned, including the dog. How about you put on some music that will calm you and your household and maybe a drink of hot chocolate or warm milk? I like Enya for that type of thing. You've done all you can to address the dog situation, now you need to focus on trying to bring your stress level into balance.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
One thing I find with a lot of dog owners is that they don't give enough concern and attention to their animals. With a cat you can work all day and come home and it's fine. With a dog, they don't usually like being alone all day. And if the damned dog is left out in the cold, that isn't good either.

We have the nicest neighbors ever, but their dog is left alone most of the time and barks a lot. He is well fed, but needs more love and attention.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If you were in your back yard yelling all night long I think the police would take you to jail. Something needs to be done about dogs that do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How annoying.
I feel sorry for the dog as well. It's probably freezing or hungry. Lonely most likely. Wants off it's chain. I don't know why people have dogs and lock them outside all darn day. It's cruel.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Cats are better, they don't wake the neighbourhood up.

My cats have gone to bed for the night.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

aboutface
Sorry for all concerned, including the dog. How about you put on some music that will calm you and your household and maybe a drink of hot chocolate or warm milk? I like Enya for that type of thing. You've done all you can to address the dog situation, now you need to focus on trying to bring your stress level into balance.

Thanks for the suggestion but I didn't want music I wanted quiet! I am not a hot chocolate or music person and at 2am I just want to sleep when I know i have to be up in a few hours with my son. The dog is still barking and it's 8am! Well now it's day time so I can call animal control instead. I mean there is no reason this dog should be barking still.

Thanks for the reply. I finally fell asleep around 3 and just put pillows over my head. If I put music on it would have kept me up even more. Funny because when i was a kid I loved music while I slept but as an adult it seems to have the opposite effect.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

jeramie

You've got a friend in me. I feel your pain 100%! My wife and I are in the process of getting things in order, so we can sell and move the heck out of here where we live.

Best of luck to you in your situation. There is nothing more annoying than a dog that barks... and barks, and barks, and barks.

What is crazy is it is isn't even from our complex but another neighborhood!! The cop could hear it at the beginning of the cul-de-sac. I would feel horrible if that were my dog disturbing multiple neighborhoods for HOURS at night. If you can't trust your dog to be inside while you are gone then imo you shouldn't have a dog. I would never leave my dog tied up outside in the cold at night while I was out but that is just me. I tend to treat my dog like a person more than a dog lol

It is the only dog that drives me nuts. The ones that bark in the complex bark and then they are done. They don't do it for hours on end.

Good luck on your move!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

HAHA My cat is queen of the house! She goes on the porch at night but when she wants in she "knocks" on the door and i let her in.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I know my neighbors dog is the same. He is a big chocolate lab about 100 lbs if not more and he is cooped up all day long. He takes him out in the morning and at night but only to go to the bathroom, no real walk or anything. I feel bad for that dog
He gets so excited when he sees another person. I know our apt complex use to have a weight limit of 20lbs here and i don't know why they allow such big dogs here. I don't think dogs of that size should be in apartments period. I made sure even with my 17 lb dog that we had an apt with enough room for him to run around esp since he really can't go in the grass since he is allergic to it. So we have no choice really to keep him inside but he doesn't bark!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hopefully it's not abandoned? Or the owner died and the dog needs help! I always think of those things when a dog barks all night and day. ...you should just go steal the dog and give him a good home!!! ( kidding...don't do that).... You need animal controls number so you can call them at 2 am! ....

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I feel for you, I really do. Our downstairs neighbors have 3 dogs. One that isn't a problem, one huge dog that literally barks at nothing for the heck of it but if I stand at the window and say no in a firm voice he stops for a while, but then, they have this tiny dog. This little dog yelp as if in pain from the moment the neighbors leave to the moment them come home and doesn't stop. The dog isn't neglected or anything, it just seems to have anxiety issues or something.
If they run to the store or anything it yelps and if it is dying of extreme pain until they get back, and personally I feel that super high pitched wail is more annoying than any barking. I wish it would bark instead of the sound it makes. I have contacted my landlord and she has spoken to them, bu the owner doesn't know what to do, but it grates on my last nerve.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Meldionne1
Hopefully it's not abandoned? Or the owner died and the dog needs help! I always think of those things when a dog barks all night and day. ...you should just go steal the dog and give him a good home!!! ( kidding...don't do that).... You need animal controls number so you can call them at 2 am! ....

Well that is why I called the non emergency in case something was wrong. I mean it barked for 6hrs last night and then this morning. I haven't heard it since I woke up but the day time noise tends to drown out most outside noises.

I feel bad for that dog but it is obvious the owner leaves it outside A LOT chained up. I don't like people who chain dogs up. How would you like to be chained up?!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

calstorm
I feel for you, I really do. Our downstairs neighbors have 3 dogs. One that isn't a problem, one huge dog that literally barks at nothing for the heck of it but if I stand at the window and say no in a firm voice he stops for a while, but then, they have this tiny dog. This little dog yelp as if in pain from the moment the neighbors leave to the moment them come home and doesn't stop. The dog isn't neglected or anything, it just seems to have anxiety issues or something.

That would drive me insane! I went about a month or so before I told management here about my neighbors dog barking ALL DAY. It barked if the wind blew in the wrong direction. I felt bad being of those neighbors but again why should I feel bad when their dog barks for 7 hrs a day while they are gone. The owner got some kind of bark collar and put it towards the back of the apt which made me feel bad but I didn't want to hear it barking anymore esp since it was like having it in my apt. I think he would be doing that dog a huge favor if he gave it to someone with a yard and kids to play with. It is couped up inside all day.

There is on yippy chihuahua here in the building next to me. It barks or shall I say shrieks lol when anyone goes on their porch. I could not live next to that dog. Dogs are a privilege to have in apartments and if yours is out of control then you should either get rid of it or do something to fix the situation. Most people I have come across don't care if their dog acts out. It's "cute" to them. Yea so not cute!!

If they run to the store or anything it yelps and if it is dying of extreme pain until they get back, and personally I feel that super high pitched wail is more annoying than any barking. I wish it would bark instead of the sound it makes. I have contacted my landlord and she has spoken to them, bu the owner doesn't know what to do, but it grates on my last nerve.

Oh that yelp IS soooo annoying! When I worked as a dog groomer I had a schnauzer make my ears ring for TWO days because of that shrieking yelp! I wanted to strangle that dog. lol

You should contact animal control. Find out if there is any kind of noise ordinance for dogs, here there is. It would grate on my last nerve too!!

I don't mind regular dog barking, it's gonna happen. It's the ones that bark ALL DAY at any and everything that drive me nuts.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Night Star
One thing I find with a lot of dog owners is that they don't give enough concern and attention to their animals. With a cat you can work all day and come home and it's fine. With a dog, they don't usually like being alone all day. And if the damned dog is left out in the cold, that isn't good either.

We have the nicest neighbors ever, but their dog is left alone most of the time and barks a lot. He is well fed, but needs more love and attention.

Maybe a normal cat will be fine - as soon as I get home it's "Meow...Meeeow...Mmeeeowww..." from my cat.

Speaking of barking dogs, I've got a high-pitched barking dog currently barking at air molecules right now. Good thing I can't get any sleep.

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How's the dog noise tonight? ....you know there is a bark collar that can be purchased to stop barking dogs....if anyone reading this message has an issue with neighbors barking dogs, they can print off the info/advertisement from the internet and leave it on that persons door! Just a suggestion to help educate the dog owner while not getting involved face to face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join