It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A potentially Earth directed CME at 2014-01-31 16:02:00 UTC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A potentially Earth directed CME at 2014-01-31 16:02:00 UTC

Any related posts?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Thats only a pup mate, maybe some good auroras at higher latitudes though.

M Class Flare

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Small flare (M1) seems to be associated with the CME.
CACTUS shows it as possible Halo II. So, maybe a glancing encounter.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy !!!!
The only time we get hits or glancing blows, is when the skies are completely clouded over

Being as north as I am, I should be much better entertained by the northern lights.

Now the days are getting longer, just a few more months the northern skies will be too bright to see them...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It won't be here for a few days. Maybe it will clear up for you by then.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I'm not too familiar with solar flare classes, but atleast there are members checking in (S&F)
P.s. Phage, I thought you had vanished, I haven't seen you comment in any threads I've been reading recently. Either way good to see you're still on here!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's my belief that the sun via earth directed CME's are able to knock out low pressure systems.
It's just a theory of mine.

It may just be a coincidence and could actually do with a bit more input from members who are more clued up but I'd like to share some things that I believe are connected.

Take the recent earthquake swarm on the ridge south of iceland on the fault line to the west of the UK for instance. There were quite a few actually all above 4 magnitude.
Then suddenly a strong low pressure system forms pretty much near the surrounding area where winds were expected to moce to the UK.

Could the energy released from the earthquakes have actually powered up the low pressure so to speak creating it somehow?
The other theory is that an earth directed cme has the power to actually crush the low pressureor should I say raise the pressure somewhat because it seems to have happened twice now and both times the cme or solar activity seems to have cancelled it out.

new topics

top topics

join