It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Apologizes for Cheerios Tweet Hitting Right Wing (Employee Fired)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by beezzer

Probably sent him over to NBC where the serious news folks go.

I was shocked to read that NBC is actually lower on the poll results than MSNBC for trustworthiness. Seriously shocked.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I had seen the ad many times but never who was in it until they brought it up

I have never seen so much focus on race, I thought we were past that, shocking!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They are racists, divisive, elitists.

And how is the right wing any different? Their acceptance of a biracial president doesn't speak very well on how they accept someone that is different. This was obvious when they were screaming we will do anything to make him a one term president before he was even sworn in. In the end the left and right are two different dogs answering to the same master.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family.”

No they wont, no one cares, my great granddaughter is biracial, everyone is biracial, I'm surrounded by biracial.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The MSNBC head is a jerk for apologizing to the GOP.
He doesn’t work for them or owe them anything. He also should not have fired that person.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

snowspirit

"Maybe the rightwing will hate it, but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family.” The tweet included a link to an article about the commercial.

It's sad that people still even notice biracial families. It's not a rarity anymore

Exactly my point

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Isnt this all terribly old?

Biracial Cheerios Commercial Thread from June 2013

Maybe the real reason the MSNBC guy was fired is because he works for a 24 hour news service and seems to be running six months behind the news.

lol

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family.”

No they wont, no one cares, my great granddaughter is biracial, everyone is biracial, I'm surrounded by biracial.

Heh, I'm married to a man who's part Native American, and my son is technically bi-racial according to the government.

So what? My dad's side of the family looks like the UN between all the uncles who were in the military and came home married and my cousin who married a latino and now my own family.

So what?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Same here, that's one reason this racism stuff irks me so much.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by beezzer

And how is the right wing any different? Their acceptance of a biracial president doesn't speak very well on how they accept someone that is different. This was obvious when they were screaming we will do anything to make him a one term president before he was even sworn in. In the end the left and right are two different dogs answering to the same master.

When will you get it through your thick head ... It's not the man; it's his policies.

John Edwards endorsed the same stuff and had he been elected, I'd dislike them and his endorsement of them just as much.

As for Obama, I dislike his dishonesty. Yeah, all politicians lie, but he's been caught in some big ones and should be owning them by now.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Phil Griffin?
He "Feel (Fill) the Griffin"?

Was he really named that originally?
That's freaking crazy, especially considering his position in life.

Sure I can do this with virtually anyone's name, but you gotta admit the Griffin is really obvious.

I always wonder if being "named" something has some sort of effect on the subconscious and so it becomes a type of self-fulfilling prophecy.
edit on 31-1-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is not even a super bowl ad. That ad has been on air for months. It was first aired last summer. There was a thread about it then. It's cute. The little girl is a hug a bunny. She comes into the kitchen and asks her mom who is Caucasian if it's true that cheerios are good for the heart. Mom says yes. Next scene shows dad who is African american laying on the sofa with a pile of cheerios on his chest as he wakes from his nap. His only response is Pam?? Must be the wife's name. It's socially relevant to the times. It used to be a crime to enter into an interracial marriage.. A generation from now this will be a non issue situation put down in our historical past. Mixed marriages won't even be a term used anymore. It will be the accepted norm and young people wont understand why it was ever an issue. Kind of the way we think about people who owned slaves . They felt justified by passages in the bible and didn't think themselves bad for owning slaves. All of our early presidents owned slaves. We'd never elect a slave owner to that office now but then it was the excepted norm. This is progress to equality.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

WHAT? Nothing about your post is obvious. What does that even mean?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Wrong. This is about a dad and daughter sitting at the table.
The mom is standing up.

The dad takes cheerrios and say's, "This is you and me and your mother and your new baby brother".

The little girl looks at her dad, slides another cheerio over and say's, "And a puppy".

Cute ad. No big deal.

But MSNBC has to be hateful.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Their acceptance of a biracial president doesn't speak very well on how they accept someone that is different

The problem with Obama is his GD politics.

But hey make it about his 'race'.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

I was thinking the same thing

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

America is one of the least racist places in the world:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

"79 percent of Republicans willingly expressed racial prejudice when answering questions measuring explicit racism (as opposed to 32 percent among Democrats"
"The implicit racism test showed that a majority of Republicans (64 percent) and Democrats (55 percent) held implicit anti-black feelings."

Its a hell of a stretch to say that having "only" 1 in 3 racists in your party makes you super special. I'd consider 1 in 3 to be a lot of racism. Ben then there is the less than 10% difference between Republicans and Democrats when asking implicit questions. So, there goes the pedestal completely! Republicans stereotype them self as racist when they are not in the survey, and Democrats tried to hide it when they were.
rt.com...

I remember reading that only 1 in 8 black people and 1 in 8 white people self-identify as racist but could not find the studies. All I saw was an online poll anyone could join where 11% self-identified as racist, which is in-line with the 12.5% (1 in 8) number that I found elsewhere in the past. So 1 in 8 Americans self-identify as racist and 40% of Americans self-identify as conservatives.
www.gallup.com...

I don't see why other people think they have the ability to know me better than I know my self. Likewise, I give people the benefit of the doubt that they know them selves better than I know them based on some lamely worded poll. So, I trust the 12.5% number, not the 60% number. 1 in 8 people are racist in the US.

My family is conservative, not the slightest bit racist, and even on the tolerant side. The only time in my life I've heard people bad-mouth people of other races is after moving to an area that generally doesn't have any other races around. And despite the bad-mouthing by obnoxious co-workers who can't really be taken seriously any way, at my workplace people of another color are never treated any differently. Now that I think about it I hung out with one of the two that I can recall (of about 500 employees). And the funny thing is I'm not sure I ever thought twice about it until now.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Ok I will explain quickly.

Griffin = Secret Icon of God (Occultists Should Know this Well)
Note how Griffins are extremely popular in Heraldry or Logos, etc.

To "Feel" God is to "Fill" yourself.
Or to "Fill yourself with the Feeling".

Whichever way you want to say it should work.
The post wasn't meant to be taken too far though, it was just a funny observation that I randomly shared.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

take Muzzle's advice and read some of his threads. With an open mind they are fascinating intersections of words,myths,religious dogma and science. (yep I said science)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

ketsuko

buster2010
reply to post by beezzer

When will you get it through your thick head ... It's not the man; it's his policies.

John Edwards endorsed the same stuff and had he been elected, I'd dislike them and his endorsement of them just as much.

As for Obama, I dislike his dishonesty. Yeah, all politicians lie, but he's been caught in some big ones and should be owning them by now.

They'll NEVER get it. Ever. It's almost like common sense is being completely ignored on purpose. Frustrating. Isn't it?

edit on 31-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join