It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar coincidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This thread is about all the unlikely coincidences involving our nearest neighbour in space-- the Moon, Earth’s natural satellite. If you have more to add to the list, please feel free to post them in this thread. And if you’d like to entertain the idea that our solar system is doctored by some intelligent force, this is partly my intention, so please post your views on whether the “coincidences” I list below are indicators of intelligent interference or not.

Here we go. I hope the list will grow:

[1] The lunar month matches the human ovulation cycle.
[2] The Moon and the Sun appears to be the same size in the sky, 30 arc minutes or half an arc degree across.
[3] The Moon’s spin equals it’s orbit around Earth, so the Moon’s appearance is always the same seen from Earth (synchronous rotation).
[4] The Moon's axis cross the ecliptic on a straight angle, off by only 1.5°.
[5] The full Moon always rise at Sunset, the new Moon always rise at Sunrise.
[6] A Saros is a period of exactly 223 Synodic months, after which the Sun, Earth, and Moon return to approximately the same relative geometry.
[7] The Moon’s magnetic field is about 1/100th that of Earth measured in teslas.

Are these random coincidences, or natural and fully explainable by science? Are they signs of divine interference of some sort? Does the relationship between the Earth and the Moon reflect some universal dynamics evident throughout our solar system or the Universe-- or is this unique? And if it is God who is behind it, how did he do it?
edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Syntax

edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Question mark

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Number 3 is not even rare case in the Universe

Its called tidal locking. Moon is not the only object that shows always the same side to its planet/star. Tidal locking happens always when 2 objects are near each other while there is no other massive bodies having effect. There is another case in tidal locking in our Solar System, even more extreme than our moon: Pluto and Charon show always same side to each other, meaning Charon doesn't EVER set, its always in same spot. That would be nicely exotic

Also, this effect has been noticed with exoplanets. Etc. super-earth planet Gliese 581 c is tidally locked to its Star, meaning there is always day on one side, and eternal night on other side. Other side if freezing cold, other hot. There is likely very strong winds to keep the temperature balance.

I found animation how Pluto&Charon system works:

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 31-1-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thebel
Number 3 is not even rare case in the Universe

Its called tidal locking.

It's also called 'synchronous rotation' like I wrote. It's not rare at all, in fact most moons in our solar system are either tidally locked or believed to be-- to their mother planets. So [3] is hardly a coincidence, but can be explained by science. Thanks for your contribution

On a side-note: Venus even seems to be in a combined tidal lock with Earth and the Sun, since every time Venus aligns with Earth and the Sun every 583 days, Venus shows us the same face.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: combined with Sun

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I can add a few strange moon facts.

1. In natural formations of planets - heavier metals deposit closer to the core, while lighter metals are found on the surface. NOT so with the moon. Astronauts found titanium and other very heavy metals at the surface of the moon. Other unusual metals found was Uranium 236 and Neptunium 237, both of which is not found in nature on Earth.

2. Evidence suggests that the moon may be hollow. Carl Sagan in his treatise "Intelligent Life in the Universe" states - a natural satellite cannot be a hollow object.

3. Magnetic rocks were found on the moon .... but the moon itself has no magnetic field.

4. The moon is believed to be older than Earth and could even be older than our own Sun. The oldest age attributed to the Earth is estimated to be around 4.6 billion years. But rocks on the moon date back at least 5.3 billion years and what's more, the dust that settled on the moon may be a billion years older!

5. Plato, Posidonius, Rabbi Levi, and others all reported seeing anomalous lights on the moon.

6. The Lunar Bridge, 12 miles long straddling the Mare Crisium. That it naturally formed is suspect, that it still survives after billions of years of asteroid and meteoroid impact is astounding!

CdT

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
I can add a few strange moon facts.

1. In natural formations of planets - heavier metals deposit closer to the core, while lighter metals are found on the surface. NOT so with the moon. Astronauts found titanium and other very heavy metals at the surface of the moon. Other unusual metals found was Uranium 236 and Neptunium 237, both of which is not found in nature on Earth.

There are also thought to be great deposits of Helium-3 a possible fuel for future fusion reactors.

2. Evidence suggests that the moon may be hollow. Carl Sagan in his treatise "Intelligent Life in the Universe" states - a natural satellite cannot be a hollow object.

The fact that the Moon doesn't have a dipolar magnetic field shows us it does not have an internal "geodynamo", suggesting it could be hollow I suppose: Wikipedia on Moon's magnetic field and Wikipedia on Geodynamo theory

3. Magnetic rocks were found on the moon .... but the moon itself has no magnetic field.

According to Wikipedia, the moon indeed has a magnetic field, but not the dipolar we have here on Earth. See point [7] and it's sources: Wikipedia on Moon's magnetic field and A second wiki page on Moon's magnetic field

4. The moon is believed to be older than Earth and could even be older than our own Sun. The oldest age attributed to the Earth is estimated to be around 4.6 billion years. But rocks on the moon date back at least 5.3 billion years and what's more, the dust that settled on the moon may be a billion years older!

Any literature or links to back up this? Sounds like interesting theories.

5. Plato, Posidonius, Rabbi Levi, and others all reported seeing anomalous lights on the moon.

I've heared this before. Also in modern times. Wonder what it might be....

6. The Lunar Bridge, 12 miles long straddling the Mare Crisium. That it naturally formed is suspect, that it still survives after billions of years of asteroid and meteoroid impact is astounding!

Now this is interesting, a 12 mile bridge on the Moon! Natural or not, it's indeed astounding!

edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Fixed link

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

You have that backwards. The human ovulation cycle (menstrual cycle?) matches the lunar moon cycle. Not the other way around. How stupid does it sound to say that the moon cycle matches the menstrual cycle? As if an astral body adjusted itself to coordinate with human affairs....Why do you think the menstrual cycle is the same length as the lunar cycle, BECAUSE HUMANS ADAPTED TO THE LUNAR CYCLE. Just like we adapt to the Circadian rhythm, we change because of our environment, our environment doesn't change to suit us. Jesus christ some people man.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
This thread is about all the unlikely coincidences involving our nearest neighbour in space-- the Moon, Earth’s natural satellite. If you have more to add to the list, please feel free to post them in this thread. And if you’d like to entertain the idea that our solar system is doctored by some intelligent force, this is partly my intention, so please post your views on whether the “coincidences” I list below are indicators of intelligent interference or not.

Here we go. I hope the list will grow:

[1] The lunar month matches the human ovulation cycle.
[2] The Moon and the Sun appears to be the same size in the sky, 30 arc minutes or half an arc degree across.
[3] The Moon’s spin equals it’s orbit around Earth, so the Moon’s appearance is always the same seen from Earth (synchronous rotation).
[4] The Moon's axis cross the ecliptic on a straight angle, off by only 1.5°.
[5] The full Moon always rise at Sunset, the new Moon always rise at Sunrise.
[6] A Saros is a period of exactly 223 Synodic months, after which the Sun, Earth, and Moon return to approximately the same relative geometry.
[7] The Moon’s magnetic field is about 1/100th that of Earth measured in teslas.

Are these random coincidences, or natural and fully explainable by science? Are they signs of divine interference of some sort? Does the relationship between the Earth and the Moon reflect some universal dynamics evident throughout our solar system or the Universe-- or is this unique? And if it is God who is behind it, how did he do it?
edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Syntax

edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Question mark

Most of those are not even coincidences. They're just observations. Like I said before, humans adapted to the lunar cycle, not the other way around, so that negates that as a coincidence.

How is a Saros a coincidence? It's just a natural phenomena, it's all mathematical and makes sense logically. The spheres line up every so often....so does every other system of spheres in space.....so what? I fail to see the coincidence.

The moon's magnetic field is 1/100th that of Earth.....measured in Teslas. Nyoh my god. What does it all mean? Not sh** that's what.

The other facts are simply coincidental, nothing more. It's really not a big deal that the moon has a synchronous orbit with its mother planet, nor the other statistics.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

ScrufferMcGruffer

You have that backwards. The human ovulation cycle (menstrual cycle?) matches the lunar moon cycle. Not the other way around. How stupid does it sound to say that the moon cycle matches the menstrual cycle? As if an astral body adjusted itself to coordinate with human affairs....Why do you think the menstrual cycle is the same length as the lunar cycle, BECAUSE HUMANS ADAPTED TO THE LUNAR CYCLE. Just like we adapt to the Circadian rhythm, we change because of our environment, our environment doesn't change to suit us. Jesus christ some people man.

Humans is the only species we know of whose ovulation cyclus matches that of the Moon. As for the chicken and the egg, I simply want to remind you which forum your in; "Conspiracies in Religion". Also if I am upside down, who modified our genetic makeup to match human ovulation with the lunar month?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ScrufferMcGruffer
Most of those are not even coincidences. They're just observations.

And some quite peculiar...

Like I said before, humans adapted to the lunar cycle, not the other way around, so that negates that as a coincidence.

Then I suppose you mean it's also a coincidence that humans are the only species doing this? That alone makes it unlikely.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The Hebrew calendar is based off of these exact measurements.

4 blood moons two total eclipses on Hebrew Holy Days in the next 18 months....

To me God created it all in perfection, and I remain in awe of the precision of the entity of the universe.

Like a watch ticking perfectly in time.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

ElohimJD

The Hebrew calendar is based off of these exact measurements.

4 blood moons two total eclipses on Hebrew Holy Days in the next 18 months....

I explained this in another thread a few hours ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

To me God created it all in perfection, and I remain in awe of the precision of the entity of the universe.

Like a watch ticking perfectly in time.

I tend to think so meself. Also: Take the period it takes for Venus to align with the Earth and the Sun (Morningstar cycle) instance. 583 days / 360 Sol days and you get the approximate Phi = 1.619444... (Phi is 1.61803399...). And though Venus isn't tidally locked with the Sun, Venus always show Earth the same face at the morningstar alignment.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Deleted misplaced sentence

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

As we all know, the moon effects life here on Earth in a significant way. If the moon were any bigger or smaller life would be very different here. If the moon were any closer or further away life would be different here. Ocean currents, weather, gravity, etc... would all be very different. There are far too many "random occurrences", not only here on Earth, but outside of Earth for anything to be random. The size of the sun, the distance from the Earth to the sun, the tilt and rotation of the Earth, etc... are all precisely perfect to allow for and sustain life here on Earth. To me, this is all evidence of a creator, and I believe that creator is the LORD Jesus Christ (John 1:1)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Or...
If the relationship between the Earth and the Moon were different, we would be too.

Of course, if you must believe that there is something super extra special about Earth and us I can see how you would come to your conclusion. Or maybe your creator messed up? Maybe it was going for something else it didn't figure on the influence of the Moon. It is moving away from the Earth you know. Wrecked the plan. "Me dammit. That's not what I had in mind at all." Bummer.

Me, I just think we were lucky. After all, there billions upon billions of planets. That a lot of chances when you roll the dice.

edit on 1/31/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Phage

Or...
If the relationship between the Earth and the Moon were different, we would be too.

Of course, if you must believe that there is something super extra special about Earth and us I can see how you would come to your conclusion. Or maybe your creator messed up? Maybe it was going for something else it didn't figure on the influence of the Moon. It is moving away from the Earth you know. Wrecked the plan. "Me dammit. That's not what I had in mind at all." Bummer.

Me, I just think we were lucky. After all, there billions upon billions of planets. That a lot of chances when you roll the dice.

edit on 1/31/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I understand your side of it, but in my opinion, to say that a supernatural being is capable of creating all that exists implies power and sovereignty beyond our imagination, comprehension, and intellect. To say that this supernatural creator is capable of making a mistake is absurd, provided that you believe in a creator in the first place.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Can't argue with circular logic like that: It's the way it is because God can do anything and the fact that He did proves it.

Goes hand in hand with: The Bible is the word of God. Look it says so right there.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Phage

Can't argue with circular logic like that: It's the way it is because God can do anything and the fact that He did proves it.

Goes hand in hand with: The Bible is the word of God. Look it says so right there.

Yeah, God's a proper party crasher. Bloody annoying and always has an answer to everything. Especially things that are impossible to us, God does like it was nothing at all. The mother of all Pantomaths!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Then I suppose you mean it's also a coincidence that humans are the only species doing this? That alone makes it unlikely.

Not anymore unlikely than it would be for a nocturnal species to suddenly become daylight predators. Not all living things adapt to the same cycles. Humans are a unique species in several ways, adapting to the moon wouldn't surprise me if it were one of them. Would you be?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Humans is the only species we know of whose ovulation cyclus matches that of the Moon. As for the chicken and the egg, I simply want to remind you which forum your in; "Conspiracies in Religion". Also if I am upside down, who modified our genetic makeup to match human ovulation with the lunar month?

What you're saying makes no sense. Womens' ovulation cycles change depending on all kinds of variables, their chromosomes not really being one of them. Genetic makeup has little to do with when a woman will ovulate. Did you know that when several women live with each other for a long period of time, that their menstrual cycles begin to synchronize? That's right. No one knows why. Just like no one knows why women's menstrual cycles used to be perfectly in tune with the moon before electricity became widespread. It still happens just on a smaller scale. It's not what's in our genetic code, it's our environmental factors that affect ovulation cycles, granted the proper genetics would be a prerequisite for allowing this to happen in the first place, but it is not the type of variable you have described.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

ScrufferMcGruffer

What you're saying makes no sense. Womens' ovulation cycles change depending on all kinds of variables, their chromosomes not really being one of them. Genetic makeup has little to do with when a woman will ovulate. Did you know that when several women live with each other for a long period of time, that their menstrual cycles begin to synchronize? That's right. No one knows why. Just like no one knows why women's menstrual cycles used to be perfectly in tune with the moon before electricity became widespread. It still happens just on a smaller scale. It's not what's in our genetic code, it's our environmental factors that affect ovulation cycles, granted the proper genetics would be a prerequisite for allowing this to happen in the first place, but it is not the type of variable you have described.

The female cycle is still one lunar month. The male cylde is the Sun. Coincidence? Until women ovulate by will or start following another cycle on a grand scale or whenever they want I still have a point. Tree of wisdom stuff

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

ScrufferMcGruffer

What are you talking about animals all over the planet breed by the lunar cycle. You have sea turtles that mate during full moons salmon again lunar cycle. oysters feed by lunar cycle waiting until high tide how they know is kind of a mystery because you can move them and theyll change.Even hunters when they go deer hunting look at the lunar cycle deer are more active during full moons. Heres another animals are apparently more aggressive during full moons because in emergency rooms animal bites increase every full moon. Being from earth we adapted to lunar cycle just like every other animal no matter if its hunting breeding or foraging there usually tied into the moon. Oh and since you mentioned chickens farmers claim egg production drops in the moons final quarter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join