It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel likes Adidas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Those outfits might be around 50 or 60 bucks, maybe not a big deal for our standards but we are not in Cuba. (Nice Plasma TV on the wall by the way).

Just to have a reference :

The average monthly salary in Cuba rose 17 percent between 2006 and 2011 to the equivalent of $19, the state statistics office said Monday.

That meant the average monthly wage of workers in Cuba, where the Communist-ruled state controls more than 90 percent of the economy, climbed from the equivalent of $16 a month in 2006 to $19 last year, the office said on its website.

Low salaries are a key complaint in the Americas' only one-party Communist regime.

There is a very small salary range from unskilled to highly skilled labor, so a street sweeper might make $17 and a brain surgeon $22 a month.

www.rpp.com.pe...
www.myfoxdc.com...
edit on 31-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So rent must be about a dollar and groceries are 50¢a week. If I went on vacation there I'd have a ball being the richest person there at $500.00 a week. I'd be like a billionaire. And those sweats are comfortable but he should know better than to take meetings dressed that way unless he's meeting with athletes or their managers. Some people have no class. But at $19.00 a month he really can't afford class anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
And those sweats are comfortable but he should know better than to take meetings dressed that way unless he's meeting with athletes or their managers. Some people have no class. But at $19.00 a month he really can't afford class anyway.

....you mean he should dress like this ? :

Fidel doesn't make 19 bucks a month.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Is it me or is Christopher Lee a dead ringer for Castro?

He could easily play "old" Fidel in a biopic of him.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about what Fidel is wearing. I imagine Obama's suits cost far more than his dodgy tracksuits.

top topics

join